Author Topic: Ididtarod 2010  (Read 4422 times)

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
Ididtarod 2010
« on: February 17, 2010, 11:29:56 am »
My wife and I are headed north for an 11 day adventure to see the race.Were staying in Wasilla about 45 miles north of Anchorage.Anyone ever been up to it or spent time in Wasilla or Anchorage?Any tips or info would be great.Plan on catching some race activities,doing some hiking,snowmobileing and just having fun.I,ll post some pictures later.have a great day--Lloyd

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Ididtarod 2010
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 12:14:01 pm »
Lloyd, Have a safe trip. I have always admired the Ididtarod participants and their dogs. Enjoy your time up north.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 12:23:15 pm »
Never been there but always wanted to,have fun and say Hi to Sarah P. for me while you are
there. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 12:48:43 pm »
Sounds like a blast my brother-in-law and his family lived there when Sarah was the mayor :)
Take some pictures and share them with us eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 01:03:02 pm »
PC:  I have never been there when the race started, but have left out of Wasilla a couple of times on hunts with the then Willow Air with Dennis Thacker.  On the way up there on the highway there was a saloon from the old days.  Dirt floor with peanut shells inches deep and a sign that said One Dollar fine for putting peanut shells in the butt cans!!  You will enjoy it!  Joe

Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 02:33:30 pm »
thanks-Wolf,do you remember the name of the saloon?I enjoy looking for places like that.I have an suv rented for the week and plan on doing some exploring.have a great day.-Lloyd-I,ll be sure to have huntertrapper post some pictures when we get home in March

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 02:55:03 pm »
There will be a hugh crowd for the race.  I don't remember the name of the saloon, but it was right along the highway on the right a few miles out of Wasilla.  You will have a great time!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 05:09:24 pm »
I,ll look for it.I,ll be back and forth to Anchorage a couple times while were up.Thanks Joe.Are you going to the classic in Tenn. this summer?I think I,m gonna try and get to it.have a great day--Lloyd

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 10:34:20 pm »
Wow, that is one of my dream trips.  Have a blast and make sure you get lots of good pictures.
Traverse City, MI