Author Topic: Sythian Style Boo backed Boo (Deceased)  (Read 16315 times)

Offline brownhillboy

Re: Sythian Style Boo backed Boo
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2010, 11:32:43 pm »
Absolutely gorgeous! :o  Like the others said, I love seeing your work and can't wait to see the full draw pics!  Nice work.
south central VA

Offline Keenan

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2010, 11:49:15 pm »
 Thanks for all the awesome compliments. Lulyn really likes it and she got to try it out a little today. However when we were going to get a full draw pic she drew it back and we heard a tick sound. After a close look it appears to be trying to lift a small splinter. Not real sure, I can see a small crack in the finish that I haven't seen before. I'm going to take a closer look and may have to do a repair to that spot. Here is a not quite full draw for now.  Lulyn said sorry she wasn't all the way back, it made her a little nervous hearing the sound. We are hoping for best and will keep you informed.

Offline Dane

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2010, 06:51:55 am »
Good luck repairing this bow. It deserves a long and happy life.

Wooden bows can be a metaphore for life. It can be fleeting, and short lived. I hope this one shoots for many years.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

bowkee

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2010, 06:55:53 am »
That is a rad bow Keenan, I wish to make one.

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2010, 11:12:55 am »
sorry to hear about the splinter bro...but,how much draw weight did you get out of the stick and how much draw...tell sister,its OK about not drawing it all the way...at least she got the limbs to flex unlike some one with there yew bow  ;D ;D...just pulling your leg keenan...john

Offline Keenan

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2010, 11:23:33 am »
Thanks guys, I think it's going to pull through but I'm going to do some emergency surgery befor it's a real problem. ::)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2010, 11:35:12 am »
that has GOT to be my least favorite sound in the world  *TICK*.   I am glad you caught the problem early so it can be fixed... What a beautiful bow.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2010, 06:12:11 pm »
DAMN DUDE!!!!!!!!!!
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Keenan

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2010, 11:57:44 pm »
 Thanks Josh and Jamie,

The Tick that we heard was a very small splinter and the repairs are done and went very well. I actually think it came out better with the matching wraps.  I'll post some pics tomarrow and a better full draw with Lulyn cranking it back.
 I shot several rounds through it today and it did well. ;D

Offline Phil Rees

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2010, 05:56:27 am »
Keenan
I'm now inspired to build a Sythian style bow because of your excellent thread . Could I ask if you could describe the cross sectional profiles of the bow?

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2010, 06:18:30 pm »
excellent craftsmanship, beautiful bow!!
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline Keenan

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2010, 10:13:18 pm »
 Thanks Dragon.

Thank you Horace.  James Parker (Robustus)  Is the man to ask about These type bows. he is a great guy and has way more experience with these styles then I do.

Lulyn has been working allot the last few days so hopefully tomarrow we will get her out shooting it some more and get a better full draw. The modifications came out great. i shot her some more today and it's sound this time. ;D

Rich Saffold

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2010, 01:59:31 am »
That is very cool Keenan. You put that bamboo through some pretty tight curves, and I bet its a blast to shoot..

Offline Sweet Potato

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2010, 10:02:10 am »
A very inspiring bow!
Every day got dog.

Offline Keenan

Re: Sythian Style Boo backed Boo (Deceased)
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2010, 09:50:55 pm »
 Went to a rendezvous over the weekend and this one got drawn to far back and let go on the limb that had the splinter lift.  really bumbed Lulyn but I assured her that the next will be better.  :(