Author Topic: tiller check (bow for someone else be critical)  (Read 3487 times)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: tiller check (bow for someone else be critical)
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 02:13:23 pm »
I think your tiller looks great.  Not sure how much experience the guy has with these types of bows - and just throwing in two cents from my experience in giving them away - make sure the guy knows how to brace the bow and watch him do it, slowly.  I made a nice hickory flatbow like that and gave it to a friend.  He told me he knew how to brace the bow.  I turned my back for a moment and he went to brace it putting all the flex on the last foot of the bottom limb.  Whamo!  It was a good bow too, almost identical to the specs you've got on that one.

Urgh!

10-4 there Parnell... I am going to demonstrate how to use the bow stringer I am making for him also and i am going to tell him NOT to brace it without it because it will break the bow, LOL... I am also going to make him shoot it in front of me so i can make sure the bow is not overdrawn.  I am also going to tell him not to let his friends draw the bow because we all know that they will probably try and draw it to behind their ear somewhere.    He is also getting a very DETAILED instruction booklet that I am making on the use, care, and maintenance of a wooden bow.     :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline elk country rp

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 11:14:25 pm »
looks to me like the middle 3rd of the top limb is a butthair stiff

Offline Josh

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 02:41:16 pm »
looks to me like the middle 3rd of the top limb is a butthair stiff

heh heh ...buthair...  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

VenomBOWslinger

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 02:10:21 am »
After twisting my neck to see pic... looks like top limb a little stiff but not much.  It should be ok though.

Russ

Offline Josh

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 02:42:24 am »
thanks, Russ.... The pic is tilted to make the bow straight as if it were sitting on the tillering tree. I figured it would make it easier to see the bend.   ;)   ...sorry about your neck  :)

VenomBOWslinger

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 03:56:03 am »
Josh its ok ur right for some reason certain angles make tillering to appear off..nice bow none the less and you always gave me good advice.  Thanx

Russ