Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4713607 times)

Offline Buckeye Guy

Re: Life is good
« Reply #9960 on: November 11, 2013, 08:12:14 am »
Good to have you back Pappy !
We are hungry for the stories for sure !!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #9961 on: November 11, 2013, 08:17:10 am »
There you are, Pappy.  Was wonderin what happened to ya.  Can't wait to hear the stories.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9962 on: November 11, 2013, 11:33:55 am »
Like I said it was a good week off,I didn't manage to arrow anything but had some close encounters and lot of fun around the fire and in the shop. Had DaveO from IN. down for the week and Chris and Shane up from Florida,also Jon was there on and off through the week.Here are a few pictures, First of Jimmy's doe and Nice buck. Then Jon working on some new arrows to try and change his luck. ;) :) :) Josiah and his little brother came down to work on bows and some new Cain arrows.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9963 on: November 11, 2013, 11:39:19 am »
Josiah's arrows ready to hunt all but the fletching,he is going to do 2 Fletch.
Sweet pea came down to visit. :) Chris and Shane shows up to hunt a few days. :) :) Emma came down to work on her new Hickory for the first weekend. :) Kevin Brown a good friend killed this nice buck with his long bow at 8 yards on the ground.Nice deer. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9964 on: November 11, 2013, 11:45:17 am »
Sally loving her first deer season. :) Reckless tracking Dan's first bow killed deer.4 point with a widow longbow. Nice job Dan. Jimmy's daughter came to visit while she is in from Coleage and Jimmy working on his new Hickory bow,looking good so far. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9965 on: November 11, 2013, 11:50:20 am »
Scott and daughter getting started on some wood cutting,we needed that  ;) :)
Turtle shell I found tracking Jimmy's deer,it will look good in the cabin. :) Chris with a road kill buck. :) DaveO showed up with peppers and to do a little hunting for the week. :) Logan getting ready to set his trap. :) That boy is always up to something. :)
  Pappy
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 12:34:46 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9966 on: November 11, 2013, 11:56:56 am »
Jimmy cutting up his deer meat,made a nice pile of meat.Yum. Chris Collingsworth wit a nice 8 point taken with a widow recurve. :) Chris from FL. with a nice doe.[wheels]  ;) I let them use them and usually don't allow that,but they let me use what I want on my Gator hunt. ;) :) Just repaying the favor. :) Me making up some Black walnut stain. Turned out very good. :) Another Box turtle shell I found while tracking another deer. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9967 on: November 11, 2013, 11:58:23 am »
Keep em coming Pappy.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9968 on: November 11, 2013, 12:02:40 pm »
Shane's buck,first deer with a bow[wheels] ;) Supper wed. night, nice spread. More back strap sinew. Dave and the bow I am building for Rocky finely getting started,we were so busy the first of the week cooking and tracking/skinning deer we didn't think we were going to get any time in the shop. :)
Pappy
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 12:36:12 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9969 on: November 11, 2013, 12:05:07 pm »
Me and Dave still at it and Jimmy putting the final touches on his Hickory. :) Got a few more Pat. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9970 on: November 11, 2013, 12:12:43 pm »
Rocky's bow about ready to brace.Jimmy shooting his Hickory for the first time,shot nice. Logan's neckless he made from the spike he killed on the youth hunt.I had some trouble on my Hannah/SadieGirl bow,it was having some issues and usually don't try to repair many,but this one is special because of who I made it for and also has taken 2 Gators and 3 deer this year so I done some wraps and rawhided the back,I think it will be fine now. ;) :) :) My good friend  Tommy Powell's deer[wheels] ;) 2 buck in 2 days. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9971 on: November 11, 2013, 12:18:33 pm »
Rocky's bow at first brace. Serving a string for DaveO. Another nice buck hits the ground. Hannah /Sadie bow all trimmed up and just needs to dry out for a few days after the rawhide job. :) Some tip work for DaveO . :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9972 on: November 11, 2013, 12:26:02 pm »
Another good friend with and 8 point Sat.[smoke pole] ;) Jimmy jumping on another Hickory,he is deploying in late Dec. so he wants to get all the time in the shop before he leaves. ;) :) Gary came in to try and get his Hickory shooting,it is looking nice so far. Jimmy giving some shooting lessons Sat. evening. John another soldier friend got his Hickory shooting,he was very excited about that. Chuck came in to work on his Mullberry bow.  :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9973 on: November 11, 2013, 12:32:38 pm »
Emma and her dad showed up Sat. evening to work on her bow,it takes a lot of my hunting time but I enjoy working with these kids almost as much as hunting,some can't figure that out  ;) :) :) We got hers to brace after I jumped in and straighten out a few little issues,she has done a great job so far .Chuck about got his Mullberry ready to brace.  :) That's it for this week.Like I said it was a great time Hope yall enjoy.  :) Life is Good. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #9974 on: November 11, 2013, 01:03:21 pm »
Man, did you get any sleep at all? Looks like a busy, but enjoyable week.  Cant wait to get back there.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN