Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4725271 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #9615 on: August 19, 2013, 07:20:45 am »
Rain like the Classic,at least it held off till all was over except the awards. ;) :) It put my fire out and they said I couldn't get it going. ??? ??? Well I showed them where their is a will their is a way, :o ;) some gifts from Josh[beaver stick and another plaque for a knife  :). Thanks Josh,will miss you. :) By myself by the fire Sat. night. :)Very peaceful. :) Love people but sometimes it is nice to just be a lone for a while just to reflect :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 07:38:52 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9616 on: August 19, 2013, 07:28:21 am »
Awards Ken from Patriot Hunts gave to TwinOaks,very much appreciated but not necessary,it was a great Honor for us to help in a small way for those that sacrifice so much for us. :) :) :) Get home to find these two tender young things in my side yard and also a gator arrow Steve/seabass] made and sent to me. :) :)Thanks Steve,I feel sure it will work just fine,we will know in a little over a week.
Thats it for this weekend,hope yall had a good one.I know I sure did.  :) :)
Life is Good. :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 07:39:56 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #9617 on: August 19, 2013, 08:24:59 am »
very cool Mark looks like yall still got it. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #9618 on: August 19, 2013, 09:54:18 am »
We had a great time. Pappy, you and all the Twin Oaks folks took great care of us as usual! Seenalot of good friends and made some new ones. The walkin stick flute was awesome! I gotta figure out how to make one.. Darla is still glowing ;) . She still wont tell me what she and Ms. Joanie was talkin bout, lol. 900 mls to propose to the one I love most at the place i love most..... Worth it! ;)
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #9619 on: August 19, 2013, 10:05:42 am »
Darla fell in love with Twin Oaks to.. She's already plannin another weekend trip there( she might even bring me,lol)... We got back home to family to congradulate us and my Granny asked "why you drive all that way to propose?"... I just said Granny, If ya had to ask.. You wouldnt understand, lol.... Thanks again Pappy for helpin make it happen... LIFE IS REALLY GOOD!! ... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9620 on: August 19, 2013, 10:47:12 am »
Congrats Brian and Darla. Good for you guys. I hope to meet Darla at the Tenn Classic in the spring.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9621 on: August 19, 2013, 10:54:23 am »
It was my pleasure Brian, Very sweet and beautiful girl and she has an infectious smile that I never saw her without.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #9622 on: August 19, 2013, 11:02:12 am »
That she does Pappy... Thanks Pat.. We will be there fer sure.

Offline seabass

« Reply #9623 on: August 19, 2013, 04:54:49 pm »
congrats Brian and Darla.you guys look great together.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #9624 on: August 19, 2013, 05:54:25 pm »
Thanks Buddy!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9625 on: August 20, 2013, 07:45:32 am »
Busy week,anniversary this weekend and leaving for Eddie's 1 week from today
and I am no where near ready,got 6 arrows worked up last evening and all 3 of my Gator arrows fletched,need to try them out and also the 1 Steve sent to be sure they will fly at 8/10 yards,I won't be at the Cabin this weekend so got to get it done during the week,not use to that. :) I thought I had plenty of time to get ready for this hunt and deer season that is fast approaching,man where does the time go. :-\
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Marks

« Reply #9626 on: August 20, 2013, 10:31:53 am »
That's the way it goes. You got plenty of time........plenty of time...........plenty of time.........Oh crap! I'm way behind!

Offline seabass

« Reply #9627 on: August 20, 2013, 06:47:16 pm »
Pappy I see you took the head off the one I sent ya.the nail was a little loose in the cain so I put on some tape to make it tight until it hit it's target.i didn't know what else to do to it.i figured with your southern ingenuity you would come up with a better way to hold it in there.maybe some hot melt glue would work.the arrow should come loose when it hits.it is a very heavy arrow and should hit hard for you.i just hope it flys well.i didn't get a chance to shoot it.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9628 on: August 21, 2013, 05:48:59 am »
Ya I took it out to square it up some so it would spin true,I might try glue as you said,need to shoot them all today,got the feathers on my other 2 yesterday and got them sealed, that's 4 gator arrows, if that don't do I will go to the Mag. ;) ;D ;D also got 6 Cain and 6 PO shafts tuned and ready in case we get time to hunt some hogs,if not I will have a jump on deer season.  :) I will post some pictures of the arrows Monday here.  :) Not headed that way till sometime Tuesday evening. ;) :) :) Can't wait,all but the drive,don't mind the one down,it's the one back I hate. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9629 on: August 21, 2013, 07:19:57 pm »
Congratulations, Brian and Darla. Can't wait to meet that girl, Brian.

Been doing some talking, Pappy and getting some leads on some private property for us. Also heard today where there was a couple of 12's in Lake Rosalie over by Woody's summer place. Lot's of 8-9 footers. Chris has the boat and harpoon, floats, hooks and Bang stick ready. Bring some shorts, it's in the low 80's at night. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?