Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4720308 times)

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
Re: Life is good
« Reply #9555 on: August 05, 2013, 10:37:55 am »
It was great to see the folks from Tennessee here in Michigan.  Had a great time at Elm Hall and already looking forward to the next.  We gathered up the PA folks at Elm Hall for a pic.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

blackhawk

« Reply #9556 on: August 05, 2013, 12:29:32 pm »
Pappy was putting on a shooting clinic with "somebody's" red oak  board bow...and loving it ;)  :laugh:

Pappy doing one of the many things pappy does best ;) ...pearly brought a lil elm stave..and we all whittled on it and passed it around  till it was a bow ;)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #9557 on: August 05, 2013, 12:31:31 pm »
Looks like a great time! Keep the pics and stories comin... Im laid up for atleast a week so i have to live vicariously thru you guys ;)
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9558 on: August 05, 2013, 12:45:09 pm »
Thanks Chris,yes that baby shot very good,may have to make a board bow some day. ;) ;D Koan hope this helps you to feel a little better knowing we had a Great time this passed weekend. >:D ;) :) That little bow everyone was working on turned out nice I thought. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #9559 on: August 05, 2013, 12:54:50 pm »
Considering it started its life as a walking stick Pappy, Id say she held up well! Ill wrap it all up and post some pics in the coming week or so.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #9560 on: August 05, 2013, 12:57:09 pm »
It does, lol. Got 5 staves chased to a ring and a freindship bow to tweak... and to top it off i finally got a bandsaw to make life easier... But i cant stand long enuff to play, lol
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Rocky

« Reply #9561 on: August 05, 2013, 03:58:48 pm »
Nice Pics Pappy! As always we appreciate the support. I'll buy you a bowl of chili when I see you!

Rocky

Offline Otis

« Reply #9562 on: August 05, 2013, 05:36:49 pm »
Great pictures! I had a great time. A big thanks to Rocky, Kevin, Eric, Chris and all the other members who put in the hard work for us to just enjoy ourselves.
Met a lot of new friends and hung out with the old ones.  It was my first time there. Gonna try and make it an annual event.  The dinner Saturday night was out-
standing!!!

David

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #9563 on: August 05, 2013, 08:56:11 pm »
    i miss you guys, will try to make it next year.

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9564 on: August 06, 2013, 06:19:09 am »
Cool Rocky,just need some beans in it. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D You are right Dave it was a great time for sure. Can't wait till next year. ;)Rocky,started on your bow last evening,down to a ring and handle laid out on some good 2002 Osage,should be a good bow. :) Chuck we missed you last week,hope you can make it down this weekend, we have a working and meeting to get ready for our Charity shoot coming up the 17th of this month so we have lots to do. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #9565 on: August 06, 2013, 07:40:25 am »
    I'll be there

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline K.Hills

« Reply #9566 on: August 06, 2013, 01:41:38 pm »
Dave, No thanks needed... we were glad you were able to come see us.
Thanks also for the help in the kitchen.  K. Hills

Offline Otis

« Reply #9567 on: August 06, 2013, 10:58:08 pm »
You're welcome Kevin. Glad to help out. You guys had a long day Saturday for sure. Rocky, Matt, Eric, Woody and I shot Sunday before I left and Rocky said he
was wore out. Again thanks for all of your work. You guys put on a great shoot.
                                                                                                David

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #9568 on: August 07, 2013, 02:20:47 am »
Thanks to Pappy for letting me ride along for the hours it took to drive up north.

Thanks to all the fellows who let me hang around the fire.

And a final thank you to Rocky for letting me share his bus for a few days!

I had a great time.  Life is to short to let a few miles stand between friends.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9569 on: August 07, 2013, 06:49:55 am »
No problem Jon,my pleasure,it's a treat just to get and watch you eat. ;) ;D ;D
Got Rocky's bow laid out and roughted out yesterday,should have it ready for the form by the weekend. Also got a great gift from SadieJane,one of their club Tshirts.
Very cool shirt,Thanks and then got a suprise from Will last night,can't wait to post the pictures,6 napped heads matching 160 grain and a very cool knife blade that all came from my creek and they have named the rock Pappyite. I think Shannon ,Will and probably Jesse came up with that name. :) :) So I had a really
good day. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good