Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4712872 times)

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
Re: Life is good
« Reply #9360 on: June 11, 2013, 11:58:25 am »
It was great to see you at Cloverdale, Chuck.  Looking forward to seeing you at Elm Hall.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline K.Hills

« Reply #9361 on: June 11, 2013, 02:02:11 pm »
Chuck, Rocky and I had a great time shooting and camping with everyone at C-Dale, very nice course.
Looking fwd to seeing all of you at Elm Hall

Offline TNArcher1969

« Reply #9362 on: June 11, 2013, 10:31:46 pm »
Had an awesome time even if Dr. McGillicuddy got the best of me Friday night. :o Thanks to Rocky and Kevin... :laugh: Was great to share that event with my Daughter Megan aka "Meggie May". she was a real trooper. Never complained one time. Fit in real well. Hope she never looses the fever.

Cant wait till friday and Hanging out at Twins Oaks... got some projects in mind..that is if we are not cutting wood... See everyone at the bottom of the Hill..
"Stay Calm, Pick a spot, Shoot Straight"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9363 on: June 12, 2013, 06:55:55 am »
Yep she is a trooper for sure. I got some plans also Michael so come on down,we may cut wood in a week or so if it cools down a little. Kevin ,great to see you on PA, next thing you know you will be shooting a selfbow.  ;) :) Great time with you guys, as Rocky says yall never go light, see ya in a  little over a month  ;) :) .
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #9364 on: June 13, 2013, 09:48:25 am »
Mark, doesn't look like I'll make it down this weekend, was looking forward to it, but a few things came up mainly grandkids and also a friend from our church passed away Tuesday night. My boys went through school with his boys. Funeral is this weekend.  I'll see if I can make it another weekend.   BDan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline K.Hills

« Reply #9365 on: June 13, 2013, 01:54:04 pm »
Pappy, "it always goes there".
I have been wanting to make a self bow for several years now, just never seems to be enough time when we come down to Tenn. It seems like we spend to much time retrieving big wooden arrows or letting the air out of inflateable bears and so on... Looking fwd to seeing a bunch of you guys at the Elm Hall shoot in August.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #9366 on: June 14, 2013, 03:36:17 am »
I'm so looking forward to the Friday!  I have miles to travel, but it's sure worth it!  Hey Pappy, I have the Expedition fixed!
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9367 on: June 14, 2013, 06:12:11 am »
Great,one day Kevin,you just let me know when. ;) :) See ya today Jon,Mike and Cody are also coming in for the weekend. Happy Fathers day to all by the way. ;) :) Hope to get away early today but ant sure yet,lots going on around here. :(  I have a few projects going that I want to work on this weekend ,got an Osage ready to tiller,a knife glued up and also put another hide in the brains last night that will need some attention today, ;) :) laid out steaks and put some beans in the soak so we should eat well if nothing else.Might even get a little shooting in who knows. :o Hope yall have a good on.See ya Monday.
Life is Good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #9368 on: June 14, 2013, 06:45:39 am »
Happy Fathers day to you too Pappy.  I hope you guys have a wonderful time this weekend, but how could you not in your slice of heaven you have there.  Tell all I said hi, and tell King Ron hello for me would you?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9369 on: June 17, 2013, 06:48:53 am »
Had a great weekend,got a lot done around the shop,lots of friends and Family over the weekend. Got another hide almost finished,a knife ready to seal and my Osage braced and ready to finish tillering,also helped Jon and a few others with projects.Here are some pictures of the fun.  ;) :) Scales ready to be glued up/brains ready for my hide tanning. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9370 on: June 17, 2013, 06:52:53 am »
Hide soaking and scales glued up. My girls. ;) :) Michael with some new wood for his daughters knives. :) New sander,man it works great. :) Osage straightened and ready to start tillering. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9371 on: June 17, 2013, 06:57:21 am »
My hide ready for a pre smoking. :) Michael working on a knife blade. Will and Scott shooting the bull and Chuck keeping the fire up so we can have plenty of coals for cooking and smoking hides.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9372 on: June 17, 2013, 07:01:23 am »
Jon's toys. Hanging out and supper on the fire. Mike Scott and his son Cody came and spent the weekend,always good to have them. Knife scales glued and sanded,ready for sealer. Did I ever mention that I love knives. :o ??? ::)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9373 on: June 17, 2013, 07:06:59 am »
Mike /Jon and myself getting some bow bending and tillering done Saturday morning. Josh brought me a beaver stick he found last week,it is slick and pretty cool,don't find many of those around here. :) :) Got the old drill press that I refurbished mounted,looks pretty cool in the shop and works like a champ. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9374 on: June 17, 2013, 07:10:16 am »
Jon/Mike/Michael/Josh and Chuck all doing their thing,either knives or bows.They stayed at it most of the day Saturday. ;) :) :)
Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good