Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4713655 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Re: Life is good
« Reply #9105 on: April 08, 2013, 06:34:43 pm »
JEB   Go to the knapping pit reach down for material and start knapping!
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline JEB

« Reply #9106 on: April 08, 2013, 06:47:36 pm »
Thanks. I am bringing material with me but I don't have access to it in Michigan.  Just wondered if there was a place not far that I could gather some to bring back home with me.

Offline osagejack

« Reply #9107 on: April 08, 2013, 07:04:36 pm »
looks like I am not going to make classic after all,,really disappointed  but my mom and dad will be there on Monday,,stop by and say hello :(

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9108 on: April 09, 2013, 06:31:25 am »
To bad Mike,hope all is good and maybe you can work it out for a day or 2.JEB
Their is a mile or 2 of creek you are welcome to walk,ask Will or Shannon what to look for.They fine some they have named pappyite. ;) ;D ;D You are welcome to look. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Will H

« Reply #9109 on: April 09, 2013, 08:45:47 am »
JEB, I'll give you some pointers and put you in the right spot. The material in pappys creek is great to learn on. But but if I were you I would just take home some stuff from the pit.
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline JEB

« Reply #9110 on: April 09, 2013, 10:06:15 am »
Thanks everyone.  Really looking forward to this event. Bringing one and maybe two others with me.

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #9111 on: April 10, 2013, 02:53:48 pm »
JEB, where ya from, I'm in the U.P. and going down with my wife for my 4th time.
Man, you guys work so hard getting ready for the classic, I can't tell you how exciting I'm getting about the trip. Lookin forward to seeing you Pappy and Miss Joni, and Especially Jon, hey buddy I got some knife makin goods for ya. We should be there on Wed May 1. Like JEB said we don't have any rock up here worth knapping, so I'll be on the hunt for some to take back too. Look forward to seeing you all in 3 wks

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #9112 on: April 10, 2013, 04:19:03 pm »
Look forward to seeing you again also Mark!
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline JEB

« Reply #9113 on: April 10, 2013, 07:02:25 pm »
I am from Muskegon.  My dad lived in Crystal Falls for 28 years until he died two years ago. Sounds like a good trip especially  when someone on here mentioned 'pie".  Looking forward to meeting some of the knappers that post on here and getting a lesson or two because I can really use some.

I have met a few of the folks like Jimmy and Mason at Compton and Pappy at Elm Hall.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #9114 on: April 10, 2013, 07:46:29 pm »
JEB:  Somewhere around Iron mountain there is a lot of slag glass from the furnaces and it makes some very good knapping material.  Comes in all colors and chips like obsidian.  Lost my source or would still use it.  Used to make points that I gave to the kids when I was doing demonstrations to school kids!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9115 on: April 11, 2013, 07:27:47 am »
Looking forward to it Mark/JEB Mark we will have the Hilton set next week just ready and waiting for you and the sweet Misses. Got to do some cabage also. ;) :) :) :) Mark is quite the cook in case anyone is wondering. ;) :) :)
I got the Cabin all finished up with the spring cleaning last night,Jon was a big help this passed weekend and now a coat of wax on the floors and it should be set for our guest. I am so glad to have that out of the way so we can get on the sprucing up out side in the shop. It will be a mess when the Classic is over but we like to at least start out with things in order. :) Got my trade bow finished and lucky me,the new owner is supposed to be at the Classic ,yall know how I hate to ship. ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #9116 on: April 11, 2013, 07:59:36 pm »
Pappy, I can't thank you an Jon enough, you guys are the most hospitable people I know, I'd be proud to cook for ya all. Looking forward to 5 days where "life is good" man we got snow up here yesterday and they're callin for 7-12 inches tonight, I may not come back home after the classic

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9117 on: April 12, 2013, 06:22:17 am »
40s and 60s here Mark,rain yesterday but that is gone for now  :o Friday and is supposed to be a beautiful weekend,hope so cause we have lots of plans and lots to do.We are having a meeting and working Saturday so hope to get a lot of the little stuff done and a start on the ranges. Still got Hickory to finish up and now I am getting loaded up with Turkey wings,got 10 pairs and 2 tail fans so far
and need to get the taken care of to make room in the freezer for supplies for the Classic. Spring is so hectic around TwinOaks,got to love it,that's what keeps me going. ;) ;D ;D Got the Cabin all shinned up,it ant had that in years. Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #9118 on: April 12, 2013, 08:06:29 am »
Pappy
I just want to say thank you for all you do !!
It is so good to see how the folks get behind the Classic and PA !
Life would be much different with out y'all !
Take care !
See ya soon !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9119 on: April 15, 2013, 06:50:47 am »
No problem Guy,it's a labor of love. :) :) We had a great weekend,good weather and got a bunch of stuff done. Bow shop almost ready/ new shower tent up and working/more stave worked up/more gravel hauled and spread/spirit station ready along with a lot of clean up all around so I am feeling better about be ready. ;) :o Will said I even looking and acted calmer this year so that's a good thing.  :) :) Here are some pictures of the fun. :) Staves ready for the form/More Turkey feather to work up/ Jesse send me this magazine to share,he made the front cover and wrote a nice story/ Kitchen clean and I have seen it in years,ready to mess it up again. ;) :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good