Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711274 times)

Offline BearG

Re: Life is good
« Reply #8775 on: January 30, 2013, 11:02:59 am »
I'll let you know if I can make it. shouldn't be a problem.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8776 on: January 31, 2013, 07:54:24 am »
That would be great Bear,let me know so I can make planes. I got side tracked again yesterday,I had some wind damage at the house and while in the garage looking for stuff to repair the damage I ran across some of my old bows built back in the 90's .Looked pretty bad. :o :) but while rummaging around I ran across a nice pipe straight piece of Hickory cut in 95 and was laid out and thinned some,don't know why I didn't finish it back then  ??? So I put in my truck and after I got the house repaired I went to check on the cabin to see if their was any damage down there.Their wasn't so I decided to work down the Hickory, it is well seasoned and I got it to floor tiller. Never get to excited about Hickory because we have so much of it, but this piece in Nice.O Man another project. ;) :) Plan on re flexing and heat treating it in a day or 2. Guess the Persimon will have to wait. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #8777 on: January 31, 2013, 08:08:43 am »
Nice find Pappy!   :)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline BearG

« Reply #8778 on: January 31, 2013, 11:40:50 am »
Should be able to make it for the scouts. If I have a problem I'll let you know asap.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #8779 on: January 31, 2013, 12:34:27 pm »
Hey Mark, hope everyone else is OK, saw that there were tornadoes down you way and Hickman Co. I'll be coming down with BearG and Seabass in March. So see you soon
    BDan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline n8tr boy

« Reply #8780 on: January 31, 2013, 03:21:41 pm »
Hey Gang, 2 years ago was in Hickman and Perry Co's doing relief work to help rebuild after the flood. Very beautiful area. Very dear to my heart for what they endured. How is it with this next set of bad weather running through? Its a little early for tornadoes.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8781 on: January 31, 2013, 04:29:20 pm »
Not too early for GA. They had a bad one yeaterday.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline seabass

« Reply #8782 on: January 31, 2013, 05:51:17 pm »
looks like i'll be seeing you in march Pappy.i appreciate you letting me come down.it will be a much needed break for me.i have been working hard lately.hope you guys are all doing well.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8783 on: February 01, 2013, 06:30:36 am »
Great new guys,looking forward to seeing yall. We are all OK,the worst was east of Nashville.We got a lot of hard straight line winds 80mph they said and I got some roof and siding damage at the house but not problem that I have found on the farm,ant been in the woods yet ,so we will see. Maybe a little early but one of the worst we had 10 years or so ago came in Jan. and tore Clarksville down. Well it's Friday and cold,25 for the high today it was 70 Tuesday,go figure. I am headed to the Cabin when I get off and got lots to do. Got my Persimon bow ready to brace yesterday and Hickory ready for the form.Also a couple of knives to finish the handles up ,hides to stretch and still need to finish up the Scout's blanks.Going to be busy.Then to add to it we are having the TwinOaks annual squirrel hunt this weekend.That is always a lot of fun. Hope yall have a good one,
Looks like mine is going to be cold and busy.  ;) :) :) Life is Good.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #8784 on: February 01, 2013, 01:49:10 pm »
The annual Twin Oaks Squirrel Hunt????
Man, I am going to have to get in on that sometime.  Maybe next year. ;)

David

David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #8785 on: February 01, 2013, 06:46:09 pm »
Hi Pappy, don't know if Jon mentioned it to you yet or not, but I talked the wife into making the drive down with me to see you all for this years classic, I can't tell you how excited we both are to finally get a chance to come back again for our 4th classic. If you need a good cook I'd be glad to help feed the masses.
We'll be ready for some warm weather by then, up here in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan we just got another 10inches of snow on Wed and it's dropping in temp to below zero. If nothing else the ice fishing has been good.
Glad to hear you're all ok after the recent tornados, maybe everything will move out early this year and the classic will be clear warm and sunny, yea right hey?
Can't wait til May, gonna be a long 2 months waiting.

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #8786 on: February 02, 2013, 12:29:03 am »
man, can't believe I missed out on that church event! Looks like yall made a big impression as always! Been turnin out bows and knives with the best of em I see. Wish I could be there tomorrow but I just got too much goin on before I go to Wyoming for two weeks. See yall in a few weeks!

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #8787 on: February 02, 2013, 10:14:15 am »
Lonewolf:  Where in Wyoming are you going to be?  Hawk lives in Meeteetse and I live in the mountains out side of town!  Wyoming is a big state so you may not be close!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8788 on: February 04, 2013, 06:34:04 am »
Great news VB, can't wait to see yall again. Ya I thought about you Josh when we went,was hoping you could make it. It was a fun weekend,cold but fun. The boys killed a few squirrel's Sat. not sure on the final count for Sunday.I am sure some will check in with the number.I think it was 12 for Saturday and when I left Big A was leading with 21 points. I didn't get in the woods except to shoot the practice
range but did get a Hickory and Persimmon bow out to 16 inches and on the form for some heat treating and another knife almost finished.Always fun for me to go from one project to another.Here are some pictures of the fun.First bunch is for Charlie,wanted to see some pictures of out tillering trees.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8789 on: February 04, 2013, 06:38:21 am »
More Tillering tree, Some supplies came in from Grizzly,getting ready for the Classic. My Persimmion ready to brace and another knife in the works.Its ready for the finish. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good