Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711450 times)

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #8520 on: November 26, 2012, 06:13:25 am »
It was a good one for sure,got some hunting in with Beau and got a lot done around the cabin,lots of friends dropped by so the weekend was a full one.
Thanks Steve for the arm guard,it will be very special to me. I killed a big doe Wed. evening so got the weekend started off right.Also we done some bow work and got going on some more knives and hides.Here are a few pictures of the fun. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8521 on: November 26, 2012, 06:18:20 am »
Getting some blades in the works,I used RC cola to bring out the color on the damasks blade and the fire to anneal the others.Also a hide thawing and getting ready to flesh and rack up. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8522 on: November 26, 2012, 06:21:56 am »
Will trying to get his recures under control. :) :) Jameston killed a nice buck,9 years old and is deadly. Some hide and deer work and Jon's buck with his longbow. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8523 on: November 26, 2012, 06:24:59 am »
We decided to take some of the curve out of Will's recurve,it worked out nice and much easier to handle. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8524 on: November 26, 2012, 06:29:16 am »
Then some picking and fun around the fire,BigA showed up,nice suprise and is doing very good. I did get time to put a few coats of sealer on my Osage,I may get it done one day. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline seabass

« Reply #8525 on: November 26, 2012, 06:34:38 am »
i really like those blades you have been doing lately.is that the same steel from that disk you found?glad to see Anthony is getting better too.well got to head off to work.ttyl,Steve
Middletown,Ohio

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8526 on: November 26, 2012, 06:36:22 am »
Supper,mixed beans and inner deer loin.Yum. My blades after drilling. Me cutting up some handle material for Jon.Will's new invention used for tillering,can't wait to try it. We also had our tree trimmers back,man that guy is like a squirrel. :) ;)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 08:25:31 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8527 on: November 26, 2012, 06:40:24 am »
Yes it is the same blade Steve. My hides racked.Jon and Michael deciding what to do on Michael's wild cherry bow. Will putting the finishing touches on the bow he build for Jon. Josh still working on his dagger. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8528 on: November 26, 2012, 06:47:11 am »
Matt a good friend of the club shows up with his family with a bow that was given to him while in Korea,it is 50+ years old,Buff horn and sinew with some type of wood in the middle,pretty cool. Jon's bow finished,very nice job Will it's a beauty
and a sweet shooter. Will and Jimmy laying out a Walnut bow,very nice piece of wood and should make a fine bow.Well that's it for this week.Hope yall all had a good Thanksgiving and weekend I know I did. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Will H

« Reply #8529 on: November 26, 2012, 09:52:10 am »
Sure was a great weekend round the farm! I'll get that bow braced up next weekend and we'll try out my "final tiller fingers" and see how it works.  ::)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline BearG

« Reply #8530 on: November 26, 2012, 03:54:55 pm »
Congrats on the doe Mark!!
Looks like you guys had a hoot
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #8531 on: November 26, 2012, 05:50:20 pm »
Glad your Thanksgiving went well. Ours did also. Thats a fine doe you got! And everyone sure looks busy with making bows and knives!! Oh Man, Anthony's knees are healing up real well, tho you can still see some swelling. He's slower than Christmas now.....OH WAIT!!!! Christmas is right around the corner!!! heehee!!! ;D  I was tickled to see the most recent issue of PA !!! Folks have been teasing ME, about being famous now!!! haha!!! Plus I took alot of the pics in the article, Terry sent them to Tony. I felt really proud to be amongst some of those fine folks in the article!!!   :)  That was alot of fun, and I'm already looking forward to attending it in Feb again!!!

Tomi
 :laugh:

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8532 on: November 27, 2012, 06:05:44 am »
Thanks Will,Bear,Tomi. Yes Big A seems to be doing great,already taliking about hunting in late Dec.Bev ant so sure about that. ;) ;D ;D It was a lot of fun and we plan on attending it again if all goes good.  :) Got the doe boned out and the hide fleshed last evening.I think I have enough to keep me busy Brain tanning this winter now. :) Any way the freezer is full of hides at the cabin and full of meat at the house so I would call that a successful season. :) Not over yet but it sure gets tougher as the season wears on,cover down and deer spooky from being shot at and pushed around from surrounding farms. :) :) 
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8533 on: November 27, 2012, 11:36:39 am »
Congratulations on the doe, Pappy. I haven't had a shot all season, yet. I'm glad Chris loaded the coolers on our trip now. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8534 on: November 29, 2012, 06:50:49 am »
Glad he did also Eddie,hope he shares some with you and yours. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good