Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4826683 times)

Offline GlennM

Re: Life is good
« Reply #8340 on: October 05, 2012, 10:55:06 am »
Sure will Kevin.  She shot 3 pheasants over our shorthair so far with her 20ga.  She has been shooting well, now only if the deer will cooperate.

Glenn 

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8341 on: October 05, 2012, 11:35:50 am »
Pappy, I'm counting down the days till I can get up there. Tie me up one and feed it for me ;).

It'll be dove shooting for me tomorrow, opening day, then archery, finally, next weekend. Chris and I got on some hogs the other afternoon but Chris only hit one in the foot and I never got a shot. We're stocking up on pork to bring up when we come.

Good Luck this weekend!
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8342 on: October 08, 2012, 06:24:40 am »
Looking forward to it Eddie. Great weekend ,no deer for me or Beau but Will got one Thursday or Friday and GregB and Keith Kill 2 Friday,not sure how everyone did Sat/Sunday,I didn't see a thing. ;) :o We did get some time around the shop,Jon put some finishing touches on an Osage he has been working on and Jimmy got his new Osage to first brace,I got mine out to 35@15 and ready for a little straightening and flipping of the tips.Good food and good fun around the fire,hard to beat that. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8343 on: October 08, 2012, 06:31:12 am »
The first picture was my Osage,still standing straight after 15 inches,that's a good sign. ;) ;D Jon putting some skins on his Osage,he used scraps and it turned out nice,wast not want not. ;D ;D Jimmy getting his Osage floor tillered,it had about 6 inches of reflex so was quite the challenge to get first brace. Of course some picking,Will had to work but Kevin filled his shoes nicely. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8344 on: October 08, 2012, 06:37:38 am »
Jon's bow skinned and ready to seal.Beau/Art and Jimmy doing some shooting,Art is about ready to shoot some after his heart surgery. A nice family showed up to visit,Jason/wife and 3 kids have just been stationed at Ft.Campbell.He is with the 160th.Very nice guy.Hope he makes it back for more time with us. Jimmy's first brace.looking good so far.  ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8345 on: October 08, 2012, 06:40:53 am »
A few shots from my tree stand Sat. evening,lots of white oaks and dropping like rain,lots of sign also,just no deer wanted to come out and play with me,go figure,maybe today. Hope yall had a good one,Monday and back to the grind. ;) ;D ;D ;D
Life is Good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #8346 on: October 08, 2012, 08:41:19 am »
Morning Pappy Just for the record ifn I was a deer I wouldn't want to come out around you either. I've seen you shoot. The only reason the others got one if cause they knew where you were and messed around and wallked in front of them while dodging you . Life is good Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Canyon

« Reply #8347 on: October 08, 2012, 11:40:49 pm »
Hi Pappy that young man that showed up with his family is my son. I want to thank you for the hospitality you and the others at Twin Oaks have shown him. Its been awhile since I have heard him so excited when describing an experience to me. He went on and on about the place, the selfbows you all were building but most of all how nice and knowledgeable everyone was. It made a huge positive impression on him and I know he cannot wait to visit again and continue to learn from you all.

Jim "Canyon" Coffey

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8348 on: October 09, 2012, 05:58:06 am »
Jim it was my pleasure,very nice young man and a great family,hope to have him around often. :) I told him I would supply him with some wood when he was ready to build his own bow. :) I don't think that will be long. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Will H

« Reply #8349 on: October 09, 2012, 11:18:56 am »
I missed you guys this weekend...had to work but I did get to hunt Sunday and Monday! I missed two coyotes yesterday. Shot at one and it was like he pulled a move out of the movie Matrix :) he ran off and I tried mouth squeelin and his buddy came back but I had similar results with him. :( oh well I did see alot of deer and turkey but no shot opportunitys. Next time :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8350 on: October 10, 2012, 06:54:17 am »
Missed seeing you also Will,maybe this weekend. I will be in and out for a while.
Got some really bad news yesterday.My mom's chronic Lukemia has went into acute Leukemia , :( The Doctor said she was not a candidate for chemo and was really nothing that can be done,she will be 82 in Jan. The Doctor says she has
2 to 3 weeks left to live. She has been a great mom,always there when I needed her.She will be greatly missed.Hope the Doc. in wrong. If I seem out of sorts for the next few weeks that is what is going on,just wanted my friends to know.
Life is good but sometimes throws you a curve. :(
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #8351 on: October 10, 2012, 08:27:36 am »
Prayers sent for strength and hope.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #8352 on: October 10, 2012, 09:02:14 am »
I'm so sorry Mark! Your mom is a wonderful person...you know she is going to a better place.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline BearG

« Reply #8353 on: October 10, 2012, 10:09:28 am »
Mark you know Dawn and me will keep you and your family in our prayers and thoughts.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline RG

« Reply #8354 on: October 10, 2012, 11:16:08 am »
Sorry to here this Pappy your in my prayers bud

Ron