Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4826681 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #8325 on: October 01, 2012, 06:11:33 am »
I made a new tiller string for the Osage I am working on,looks like a really nice piece of wood and should make a great Bow. Taking a few shots with Jimmy's Yew bow,just needs a little tweaking on the tiller and should be good to go. Art and BoBo ,the old and the young,lots of that around TwinOaks. Jon checking out the new file system I gave him to sharping broad heads,I got it in a trade and don't really like it but Jon seems to. :) :) Alex ,Michael's son got his first deer with a bow Saturday morning,we are very proud of him.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8326 on: October 01, 2012, 06:21:51 am »
Me taking care of the deer Beau and myself killed plus 3 more that was given us.
Beau and Christina came and helped wrap. Having the big kitchen is sure a lot nicer and easier than it use to be trying to do it in Miss Joanie's kitchen and she like it better that way also. ;) ;D ;D  Me Woody and Michael went on a track Saturday evening,didn't find the deer but had a good time with Reckless. That's it for the weekend.Great time with good friends. Life is Good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TRACY

« Reply #8327 on: October 02, 2012, 07:33:51 am »
Congratulations to Alex on his first bowkill!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #8328 on: October 02, 2012, 05:46:52 pm »
Ah! Deer season is the TN woods. Grate start to the season guys!
 Well I just arrived at Ft Benning GA I start Ranger school Sunday. I'll be out of the loop
next few months.
 Wish all my twinoaks brother a safe and productive deer season.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8329 on: October 03, 2012, 06:26:16 am »
Great to hear from you Jesse,good luck in the school,I know you will do well,wished you was here to enjoy.Maybe next year. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TNArcher1969

« Reply #8330 on: October 03, 2012, 10:50:32 am »
Pappy, thinking about getting some of that Iron Wood you pointed out. Got permission to cut one down. on an average, how long do we have to wait to use it once it is split and sealed.
"Stay Calm, Pick a spot, Shoot Straight"

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #8331 on: October 03, 2012, 12:23:04 pm »
Be the gray guy Jesse.  Never first and never last - always in the front 1/3.  I will get tough, especially in Nov when it's cold.  Think of all those gone before and dig deep.  I started Ranger school in November and the mountains were really cold.  Be smart and don't get hurt.  Injuries cause more failures than anything.

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of the Rangers.

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move       further, faster and fight harder than any other soldier.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one-hundred-percent and then some.

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well-trained soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor.
    Rangers Lead The Way!!!

It's not a poem and it's more than words.  It's a promise. Live it.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8332 on: October 03, 2012, 12:57:02 pm »
That's great Jimmy, we love our soldiers.Thanks. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TNArcher1969

« Reply #8333 on: October 03, 2012, 01:01:14 pm »
Well spoken and outstanding advise.

Jimmy, got permission cards signed and paid for the lease... operation "Find the Deer" begins.
"Stay Calm, Pick a spot, Shoot Straight"

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #8334 on: October 03, 2012, 02:32:29 pm »
Thank you Jimmy.
Pappy in going to try and call ya Friday night.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8335 on: October 04, 2012, 07:00:22 am »
Looking forward to that Jesse.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8336 on: October 05, 2012, 05:40:32 am »
Friday again and as usual I am really looking forward to getting to the Cabin,been a long week. :o Heard we had deer to skin[WillH] ;) ;D  :) :) can't wait to see it. :)
I am working on an Osage bow and a few other little projects but mostly plan on scouting/stand moving and doing some hunting. Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday.Life is Good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #8337 on: October 05, 2012, 06:05:06 am »
I'll join ya Pappy in a few hours.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline GlennM

« Reply #8338 on: October 05, 2012, 09:03:03 am »
Good Luck Jesse! I spent my lunch yesterday looking at the Army Rangers webpage.  I slept better knowing there are men like you keeping our country safe. 

Today is the first day I'll be able to get out. The whole family is planning on spending the weekend chasing deer and pheasants.  Weather should be great.  50 during the day and low 40's at night.  We are going to build a compost pit for our butchered deer carcasses.  We've done some research and it seems to work very well for highway departments.  We cant dig holes since the hunt club is part of a national wetland and the holes fill up with water rather quickly.

Good luck and be safe.  My 12 yr old will be deer hunting for the first time and we are hopeful she will connect.  Jon, I gave her your kinfe to use on her first deer. 

Glenn

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #8339 on: October 05, 2012, 10:08:50 am »
Glenn,
Tell Kiersten I'm wishing her GOOD LUCK hunting this weekend!
Make sure you take pictures and post them up at Hawkeye if she get's a deer.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin