Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4826682 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #8295 on: September 21, 2012, 06:54:41 am »
Cool,see yall this evening, Well it is finely here, In the morning about this time we will be up and getting ready to go to the stand, got a big weekend coming up along with hunting it is the final leg of the 20th Deer Classic.That is always a blast checking in deer/turkey lots of cooking and lie [story] telling around the fire. The Ohio boys are coming in for the weekend and Beau and Jon will also stay to hunt.
I am off Monday and Beau told me last night he was taking off also to hunt with the old man,got to love that. We put up his stand last evening and I must say it really looks good, Lots of feeding under some big White Oaks,he should get an
opportunity form that spot. Plan on putting up 1 more this evening then get some shooting in and last but not least the sharping of the broad heads,I always do that the night before. Hope yall have a good one also.Hope to have some good pictures and stories to share Tuesday. Life is Good.  ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #8296 on: September 21, 2012, 07:54:22 am »
Best of luck to you and everyone Pappy.  Most of all be safe.  Tell Bear I said hello along with all the rest.  I wished I were there to walk some of that beautiful property.  Maybe some time, just maybe.

Offline GlennM

« Reply #8297 on: September 21, 2012, 08:29:52 am »
Sounds like a great time.  Good luck and be safe.  2 more weeks until bow season in NY.  They also will have a first ever gun youth hunt for 14-15 year olds during the opening weekend of bow.  Not sure how that is going to work out.  Either way it will be good to get into the stand.  More scouting this weekend.  I've seen a few good bucks, but the numbers of pictures on the cameras are down this year.  Not sure if our drought has anything to do with it.  Davey is on his way to Colorado as we speak.  2 guys in the party are already there and scored on 2 bulls, so he is hopeful he will get a crack at one with the longbow.  I sawed up some lumber from a black walnut tree I cut earlier in the year last night.  I have a cool idea for some Christmas presents when we come down at the end of the year.

See you soon,

Glenn

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #8298 on: September 21, 2012, 09:18:33 am »
Mark, we should be leaving here about 9am, hope to beat the rain. Glenn,the quiver and drink holder I got from you for a friend at the IBO shoot, loves it, and every body at the shoots asks about it.   BDan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline GlennM

« Reply #8299 on: September 21, 2012, 11:28:35 am »
AWESOME! Always like a happy customer.

Offline BearG

« Reply #8300 on: September 23, 2012, 09:46:13 pm »
Well just got back another great weekend at Pappy's.   Beau stuck a nice doe opening morning, the walk-in had a few when we left can't wait to see pics of what else gets brought in.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline seabass

« Reply #8301 on: September 24, 2012, 05:27:36 pm »
glad you guys made it back safely Bear.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8302 on: September 25, 2012, 05:56:18 am »
Great weekend and another great Deer Classic,we had 23 deer checked and one old Tom Turkey. Hunter won the overall Trad. The boy is a killer,2 8 points with a Widow.Great kid and great shot to boot.Beau took a big doe with his Widow and
I got a 5 point with Old Al.Now the work starts,I got 5 in the Cooler to skin this week.WOW. Great to have bear and Dan down and I think they enjoyed their selfs. Here are some pictures of the fun. Us getting ready for the opening morning and Dan /Bear roll in. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8303 on: September 25, 2012, 05:59:40 am »
Birthday present from Beau and Christina,came in handy. ;) ;) Supper and some shots from my opening morning stand,couldn't have ask for better weather. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8304 on: September 25, 2012, 06:03:34 am »
Woody brought his Red bone for his first track,he done a fine job on Beau's 98lb Doe. GregB killed a nice 5 point opening morning also. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8305 on: September 25, 2012, 06:06:41 am »
Hunter's first of 2 8 points he killed over the weekend. Just relaxing and getting some meat ready for supper. Deer cooler filling up fast. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8306 on: September 25, 2012, 06:10:38 am »
Hunter's 2nd 8 point. Sweet pee always shows up to support us. Love that gal. :) :) :)  Matt  Powell kills a nice 8 poing and the winners of the compound side of the Deer Classic.
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8307 on: September 25, 2012, 06:16:22 am »
Trad team winners was Hunter/Brian and Chris Collingsworth 3 deer and a Tom Turkey. Over all winner on the Compound side was Matt Powell and the Trad overall Was Hunter he also won the Youth overall. Reckless on his 2nd track,another great job on my 5 point,he is going to be a real asset to us bowhunters for sure. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8308 on: September 25, 2012, 06:35:50 am »
Jon had to leave  ,it was his and his sweet wifes 30 wedding Anv.
A few shots of My deer and Old Al. That's it for the weekend.Great fun. :) :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:29:34 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #8309 on: September 25, 2012, 08:08:17 am »
Congrats Pappy.  Man that is a lot of venison in one weekend.  Great hunting to everyone.