Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4727521 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #8250 on: September 13, 2012, 12:23:26 pm »
Well I got the comode repaired in the cabin,the ac figured out and food plots disk up and ready to smooth and plant this evening and Friday, also pick up seed for the plots ,winter oats/purple top turnups and a food plot blend, lime and fertilizer, man I will be glad when deer season gets here so I can get a break. ;) ;D I need to be shooting my bow  putting up another stand or 2 and sharping heads. :)
Looks like their is going to be a bumper crop of acorns[white and red] and loads of persimmons so the food plots are for late winter,if it stays warm like last winter they don't even need that. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #8251 on: September 13, 2012, 08:37:50 pm »
I'll need your help Pappy putting up a stand on George's place this weekend.   ;D  I need to move a ladder stand Woody let me borrow. 

I seem to have lost my dang climbing stand.  Either I left it on the porch here at the house and it was needed by someone else without permission or  someone liked it in my garage more then me.  It's a Summit Viper and I can't find it any place here at the house.  I'm gonna be sucking this season without it.   :'(

I may end up having to learn to hunt from the ground.  And the Whitetail Classic is just around the bend!  My team was gonna win this year and I may have put that at risk!   ;D ;D

Oh well, at least I get to go to Twin Oaks and see the deer weighed in.   8)

See ya tomorrow Pappy.  I talked to John Thomas and he's all hot to trot about shooting and arrows and stuff again.  Man I missed him not coming around.  He said he'd be there early tomorrow morning so I'll see him around 8 am.  Not sure what I'll do this weekend.  Maybe work on the Yew!  Yeah that's the ticket!

I picked up some more arrows today.  Half a dozen 1916 Easton's for the Black Widow.  Ripped off the plastic vanes and put on Turkey feathers I grinded when I done Pappy's.  They look sweet.  Try not to drool on my arrows Pappy. 

Pappy is short arrows again and it's almost hunting season.   :-[  Must have happened when he missed all the targets on the 20 target "C" Range for the Whitetail Classic.  (Oh crap wait.  He spanked me on the course.  He shot a 162 and I shot a 160. I have to admit, he shot his Selfbow and I shot my Widow Longbow with aluminum arrows.)

Well tomorrow I'll build the fire and smile and miss my friends who are not there.  I can't wait to see them in a few months as they filter in from far away.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #8252 on: September 13, 2012, 11:30:54 pm »
Yay Pappy, for fixing the commode.  Never fails, there's always something that needs fixin'.

Yep, I gotta think about putting my food plot in.  I might be a little late, here.  I planned on planting up a section that I have pumpkins and squash in.  If all else fails, I'll just leave them where they lay and harvest only what we need.  The deer around my place kinda like them too.   ;)  Gotta compete a bit with the neighboring farms to keep the deer around here.

This weekend is the opener for small game.  I'm going with a friend up to northern Michigan.  Maybe a squirrel or two will end up in the cooker, if all goes well.  Thinking about coyote hunting too. 

Bummer Jon, about the tree stand.  I'll miss seeing my pals down there too.  Hopefully, we'll both bring some stories to share on my next visit.

Hope all is well...
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8253 on: September 14, 2012, 06:37:04 am »
After my stands are up Jon, ;) ;D ;D Beau has a climber I am sure he would let you borrow,he mostly hunts from lock ons.I think it is a viper also. Matt it is just about right time around here,I usually get them out to early,don't really hunt over them anyway so up good later in the year is better.  :) I got them all in yesterday so now I can focus on a couple more stands and some shooting.Still got to dig out all my cloth and hunting gear,only a week to go.Can't wait. :) :) You are right about always something to fix,just hate it this time of year when my mind is on other things. ;) ;D ;D Headed down as soon as I can get away from here.Going to try and get the stands up so Saturday I can relax.Hope yall have a good weekend. Life is Good. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Will H

« Reply #8254 on: September 14, 2012, 12:53:40 pm »
Jon I have a climber you can borrow next weekend if Beau needs his... Just let me know brotha ;-)
I'll be down today after work pappy. Im gonna go hang a couple new lockon stands in the morning at Billys place. I'll be down sat afternoon... I got a couple old yew staves a friend of mine gave me! Gonna see if they're any good :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8255 on: September 14, 2012, 02:13:16 pm »
No chance of food plots where I'm hunting down here, everything is under water.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8256 on: September 17, 2012, 06:37:59 am »
Another great weekend, By the way I am a birthday boy today !!!!! Big 60,never thought I would live this long. :) :) Got some stands up,food plots finished and had time to do a little bow work,hard to beat that.  :) :)We also had the trees trimmed around the shop,with the freaky weather we have I had I feel better now with them cut. I got another Osage floor tillered and Will got his Yew bow roughted out/floor tillered and on the form,should be ready for string nocks next. Not sure what Jon and JohnT got done but seems they stayed busy. Hope yall had a good one also. :) ;) ;) JohnT made me a new belt for the buckle John gave me.  ??? to many John's around. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8257 on: September 17, 2012, 06:41:09 am »
Will's Yew in the works,he goes at it like a house a fire. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8258 on: September 17, 2012, 06:45:34 am »
The girls just relaxing, Little picking Friday night, Some of my hunting grounds Sat. morning,their was a couple of deer in the beans when I went in.Big A shows up to help tear down thw Range and shoot the bull. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8259 on: September 17, 2012, 06:50:28 am »
1 Of JohnT's boo backed bows,it's a beauty and shoots just as good as it looks. Our Token Yankee [Art] shows up for the day. Some tree trimming going on,these guys are amazing,they are like squirrels in them trees. Jon shooting a yew bow I gifted him,I think he liked it. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8260 on: September 17, 2012, 06:53:08 am »
More tree trimming and my next Osage project. :) :) I really need another bow. ???
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8261 on: September 17, 2012, 06:57:58 am »
JohnT and GregB  cooling off after dragging brush and helping with the clean up from the tree trimming. Me and Will when we got the word we had won Backed and Selfbow of the month. Will working on his Yew and me helping out putting it on the form. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8262 on: September 17, 2012, 07:04:09 am »
Michael and his sweet wife showed up Sat. evening ,he had been out of town and was good to see and visit with them. Then I get home Sunday with a package,it was a knife sheath Becca made for me from the Skins I had sent her,it is beautiful and will go very nice with my shirt she made,Thanks Becca, I could not be happier with it.  ;) ;D ;D That's it for this week,Yes Life is Good. ;) ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 07:10:53 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TRACY

« Reply #8263 on: September 17, 2012, 07:33:53 am »
Congratulations on the big 60 Pappy! Life is goodw ;)

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #8264 on: September 17, 2012, 07:45:32 am »
Happy Birthday Pappy.  Looks like another great weekend at the Oaks.