Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4713627 times)

Offline mississippidave

Re: Life is good
« Reply #7860 on: May 29, 2012, 09:12:01 am »
Man, that looks like fun...aside from the busted knuckle....Will looks intense in the frontal pose with the snakey bow....I'm with Jon, I'm all about eats!

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #7861 on: May 29, 2012, 09:33:30 am »
AWESOME  weekend ! Maybe real soon I'll get to be a part of another one :)
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #7862 on: May 29, 2012, 09:43:19 am »
Man, i bet you boys was tire! That's a pile of hickory there. Another fun productive weekend, i'm jealous of course ;).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #7863 on: May 29, 2012, 10:02:10 am »
You fellows are amazing with all you get done just so the rest of the visitors can reap the benifits.  Good looking bows and hickory!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #7864 on: May 29, 2012, 10:12:15 am »
Pappy:  Looks like you "scared" the bark off that hickory.  Nice haul!  Is that the static that Al Gosnel gave you?  I saw him this past weekend at our Marshall, MI shoot. 

Will:  It looks like you were inhaling that feather smoke!  Nice lookin' arras!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Badger

« Reply #7865 on: May 29, 2012, 10:20:35 am »
  You guys sure did get swome work done, about $4,000 dollars worth of hickory. Love that drill and the static bow you are working on. One heck of a team you have there coach!

Offline BearG

« Reply #7866 on: May 29, 2012, 10:51:41 am »
Freakin home sick
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline BearG

« Reply #7867 on: May 29, 2012, 10:52:23 am »
less than a month ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7868 on: May 29, 2012, 11:25:59 am »
Looking forward to it Shannon, yes we have a good team that knows how to get stuff done, Steve never thought about it like that but I guess you are right,so much Hickory around the farm t's hard to think of what it is worth.Yes Matt that was blank  ,finely decided to get it tillered and shooting.It is looking good right now,I think it will make a bow. :) Bear see ya in a few more weeks,looking forward to that. Joe /Paul  wished yall could come visit,you know you are welcome anytime. :)

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #7869 on: May 29, 2012, 11:36:21 am »
If you put a little borax in the trash bag with your feathers and shake it up bugs will never touch them. I do the same with arrows that I display for years in my shop. I put the fletched end in a zip-loc bag with some borax in it, shake the bag to distribute the dust on the fletching, tap off the excess and put the arrows back on the wall.

In the past some of the fletching on trophy plaque arrows would rot off in 5 or 6 years because of mites. So far the ones I have treated with borax are still pristine.

Offline Badger

« Reply #7870 on: May 29, 2012, 11:49:36 am »
  Pappy, I have to buy at least 70% of my staves. I get a few here and there from tree trimmers. Since I retired a few months ago my stave budget has dropped from 4 a month to one a month. I can't help but see dollar signs on staves as much as I hate to. Los Angeles just doesn't have many places to cut wood.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7871 on: May 30, 2012, 07:31:27 am »
I am blessed Steve,don't guess I have ever bought a stave,sorta like dogs I don't buy um. ;) ;D Well I thought I was going to have a easy weekend and get some finish work done on a couple of bows I have been working on but last evening we had the BIG Maple by the dog kennel, [anybody that has been there knows the one I am talking about ] fell across the target/tool shed that is attached to the cabin and tore the crap out of it,going to have to have new rafters and roof,also another wild cherry fell on the vendor's tent[he should have taken it down]  ;) :)
and the shower tent is on it side and limbs everywhere.Quite a mess. >:( :( Miss Joanie said the weather said it was 65 mph straight line winds came through just before I got over there about 5pm. The electric was also out,hope that is back on or we will have to do something with the freezers and refrigerators. O well it could have been worse,only missed the cabin by feet. :) and if it had fell the other way it would have gotten the bow shop. :) Back to wood cutting.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #7872 on: May 30, 2012, 08:27:53 am »
 :o Never a dull moment at the farm--mother nature just adds to the work load!  Never saw anything mentioned about the rain at this years Classic! Seems when you don't have a lot to do on a given weekend you find lots to do anyway!  Guess that is just one more unique thing about Twin Oaks!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #7873 on: May 30, 2012, 08:38:48 am »
Sorry to hear that Pappy.  At least no one was hurt, as everything else it replaceable.  Get some of those young bucks lined up, and by the way it sounds that they can cut wood, it should be done in a few hours ;)

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #7874 on: May 30, 2012, 09:27:38 am »
Maybe there's a bow in that Cherry or Maple tree.  Might seem fitting. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI