Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4713582 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Life is good
« Reply #7065 on: November 18, 2011, 06:39:35 pm »
Derik;
It's one of the best opportunities to make a self bow or backed. Plenty of material, experiance and all the tools you need with a boatload of advice.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7066 on: November 21, 2011, 07:25:07 am »
Great weekend,no deer on the ground but it wasn't because the deer didn't do there part,[It WAS a beautiful head Eddie] :( We had a good meeting and working and got some plans made for the up coming year.Also got some bow work done along with some hides scraped and also some napping. I will try and post some pictures but it is giving me trouble this morning and won't let me post pictures,we will see. :) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 07:29:16 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #7067 on: November 21, 2011, 09:03:57 am »
Pappy,

Gun season opened here in NY this past weekend.  It's impossible to hunt with a bow on the properties we have access to during that time.  We did pretty well.  I shot a 7pts with my handgun at 125yds.  While filling out the tag 3 does came in and I dumped 2 of them.  I was tagged out in 10 minutes.  We will be having smoked venison sirloin sandwiches when we come down at Christmas time.  I took some meat over to Dave and Barb's and she got word that Dave shot a bear with his 44 mag.  He's at camp til Wednesday so I'll get more details then. Chuckie is at camp for the week.

Really looking forward to the trip at the end of next month.

Glenn

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #7068 on: November 21, 2011, 09:17:48 pm »
 Yesssssss! Life is good.
Took a bit of time to get back there but damn glad I did.

Hummm. Let's see two weekends ago I bought my dream bike a 2010 Triumph Thunderbird. 1600 cc's. Of pure riding pleasure. Man what a bike. Been looking for one of these for months now. Bought it on sat..
Sunday rode my new bike out to the airport and went sky diving for the second time. Man talk about a reset. 5000 feet of free fall and then 5000 feet of flyin. Ahhh yea life is good.

Work has been busy but great then last Friday had my first first date in 17 years with a really cool hot lady from my athletic club. And it went great. AHHHH! Life IS GREAT.

Now traveling on vacation to MI to see the family over the holidays. Spending time with my daughter kait. Ahhhh life is good.

Can't seem to post pics from my iPad but here is the PB link.
http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s142/n2everythg/

Yea life is great.
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7069 on: November 21, 2011, 09:39:50 pm »
lad it's working for you Wade. I guess I'll just keep getting those deer at Cade's while you're jumping out of planes. ;) And, I've always been a Triumph man. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7070 on: November 21, 2011, 09:52:50 pm »
I won't be Jumpin outa any aircraft unless I'm on the manifest and getting jump pay again!   >:D
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7071 on: November 22, 2011, 12:55:21 am »
Glad to hear all is so good for you Wade.   A Triumpth 1600cc?   What happened to the 650 and the Boneville?  :o   I guess I'm dating myself.  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #7072 on: November 22, 2011, 01:41:34 am »
Pappy, Pat and Mullett,

Thanks for your replys.  I've been a PA suber for about 5 years, always read about the classic, always wanted to go, never been.  Got out in the woods behind the house this morning about 9:10, was calling my buddy w/ two does on the ground @ 10:15.  20 guage off the ground.  misty, foggy, cool...great morning.  End of gun this coming Sunday, one week no deer hunting, late archery/black powder the following weekend, archery goes til Jan.  Got two going to the freezer, may have some late season buck hunting in me this year. Thanks again for the invites, I'm gonna give it 110% to get there. Best Regards, derik gratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7073 on: November 22, 2011, 02:41:07 am »
A few weeks ago Pappy, Woody and I along with many others went out late at night to assist Ranger B on trackin his big buck.  While we waited around to head back Pappy decided to sit with the kids and make sure they were ok.  He sure knows how to entertain the young folks.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 02:49:03 am by _Jon_ »

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7074 on: November 22, 2011, 02:42:30 am »
Pappy showin some club members one of his new knives he's makin.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7075 on: November 22, 2011, 02:47:31 am »
Ya'll say hello to my bride when ya see her at the next Classic.  We just celebrated our 29th years married a few months ago.  She knows a lot of you folks and wanted me to say hello to ya'll for her.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #7076 on: November 22, 2011, 05:59:54 am »
29 yrs. married to a paratrooper she must have some sand!  All those "red alerts" wondering if this next one would be the last one!!  Now she just has to share you with Twin Oaks!  Have a little box made up for you with not much in it to mail out later today if I can get into town.  I have to laugh at our motor cycle skydiving friend.  My wife of going on 53 years never complained about all my skydiving, but no way could I have a motor cycle--Too Dangerous!  The road elk hunters are driving us crazy this year!  Also like the picture of Pappy!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7077 on: November 22, 2011, 06:41:48 am »
Thanks guy for taking up my slack,I think it is working this morning,The first picture is of 5 Osage trees Jeramina sent me from AK. I don't have any on my farm,Now I do. :) :) Then me packing some deer meet,us doing a little shooting and Will's fancy grip on his new Osage bow. ;) ;D ;D
    Pappy
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 06:45:48 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7078 on: November 22, 2011, 06:49:38 am »
Will and I doing a little hide work.Art and Woody planing an evening hunt for Art,he didn't see anything but said he had a blast.Me cooking supper,back strap steaks. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7079 on: November 22, 2011, 06:53:10 am »
Supper in the cabin, Jesse sharing some rock before he leaves. Kids and napping. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good