Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4716929 times)

Offline GlennM

Re: Life is good
« Reply #6915 on: October 25, 2011, 11:53:06 am »
Sounds like Twin Oaks is hopping with activity daily!  The NY season has started off slow.  Our first 2 weeks were plagues with high winds and rain.  I sat for 22 hrs this past weekend and only had a fawn close.  We did well on ducks though limiting out on saturday morning.  Food has been good.  Teriyaki tenderloin with carmelized sweet taters.  BBQ chicken, brussel sprouts and 3 kinds of pie.  Life is good in NY as well.  Davey had a slow start and hurt his knee so he is having a tough time getting around.  I havent heard from Hole in the Bow Chuck yet.

Glenn

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #6916 on: October 25, 2011, 03:14:53 pm »
Pappy, don't forget I'll be down also with Dave and Eddie, should be down Saturday afternoon, Nov. 5th. Can I claim one of the couches. I'll call you next week to see what I should bring in the food department. Deer summer sausage?. Been hunting here and Indiana, seeing some but none down yet. Had a few bust me in the stand, or they come in quite and then I can't move.  See you soon, B Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6917 on: October 25, 2011, 03:42:09 pm »
 I'll be bringing some pork, tangerines and maybe some gator.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6918 on: October 26, 2011, 08:00:40 am »
Cool Dan,You can have a couch or yall can fight over it. ;) >:D Most want to sleep upstairs so they don't have to listen to me snore. :) :) yall just bring what you
think,I am sure we will have enough. I have been working on the Elk hide,it is scrapping pretty good,I got about 1/3 of it scraped yesterday. There are going to be a couple of small holes in it besides the holes where it was shot, Got a little carried with the knife skinning it,  :) Jesse said he thought there would be holes there and as usuall he was right,it is still going to make a fine piece of leather if I don't screw up the tanning. :) :) Plan on hunting today,need to get after them before the kids break out the big guns this weekend. :) :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #6919 on: October 26, 2011, 08:51:01 am »
What a good time.
 Friends , food , hides , bows, rocks, hunting.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #6920 on: October 26, 2011, 09:21:04 pm »
Pappy if you get it all scrapped please leave it in the rack i'd like to give it a once over.
Also think it would be a good idea to do some extra thinning around the neck and hips.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6921 on: October 27, 2011, 07:22:41 am »
OK,I moved the rack under the pavilion yesterday evening so if it rains it won't get wet again.It takes a while for that size hide to dry, I done a little more before I went hunting. The only problem I see is the thin spots made when skinning,you have to be really careful not to rip it there,I have been marking them spots when I see them so I will remember to be careful with the scraper when I am close to them. Jesse I had figured on you fine tuning my work when I got done. ;) Hope to have the time to get it done this weekend  [Scraped] and ready to tan , :) :) the kids will be there hunting and adults can't so need something to do while they are in the woods. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #6922 on: October 28, 2011, 02:14:01 am »
Dreaming of Twin Oaks here in the Northwet!  ;D

Haven't been on for a while, been so busy here I cant see straight. Hope all of you are having a great time!

Jesse, good to see your back in the US. Keep on whaken that stone! Hope to start doing more of that soon here too.

Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6923 on: October 28, 2011, 07:12:09 am »
Dang Tiller it's good to hear from you,we were all talking about you just the other day and was hoping all was going good. :) :) Well it's Friday ,I am headed to the cabin early today to get stuff ready for the kids,I have 2 for sure and maybe 3 for the youth hunt this weekend. Sweet Pee will be on her first hunt [9 years old] so I hope she can at least get a shot. We have a lot of good food planed,Keven brought us some ribs last week that Woody and myself plan on cooking Saturday ,no telling what else we will have.It will be a good weekend for me to get some stuff finished , I hope to tiller my Osage snake bow and get a grip on my winged Elm,also get the hair off my elk hide and maybe tan one, I have several ready for that and I think Will and Jesse also have some ready to tan. Hope yall have a good one also. Pictures Monday. Life is Good  ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6924 on: October 28, 2011, 12:00:07 pm »
See yall Monday,I am out of here. ;D ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #6925 on: October 28, 2011, 01:57:02 pm »
Good to have ya back Tiller !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #6926 on: October 28, 2011, 05:02:37 pm »
Thanks guys! Good to be back.

After tying the knot last April we got really busy with the business and my heads been spinning. Economy sucks so I've been working a lot. Gayle and I hope to get back east one of these days to Twin Oaks. Cant wait for y'all to meet her. She's into making stuff just like us!  :o

Next plan on the books for making is a Taiaha! http://www.google.com/search?q=taiaha&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1276&bih=736&sei=%207vWqTrW9FKXmiALR5MyTCw

Maori style fighting pole/sword. Should be a fun project. Still working on the medieval crossbow for Gayle. No time though to work on it though. (Dang it!)

Well, back to work for me! LOL!!

Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #6927 on: October 29, 2011, 06:56:36 pm »
Went to Twin Oaks last night and visited with friends.  I took a few pictures.  Here's a few I took.

Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #6928 on: October 29, 2011, 06:59:07 pm »

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #6929 on: October 29, 2011, 07:00:46 pm »