Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4713670 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #6810 on: October 07, 2011, 07:53:07 am »
Thanks KC and Steven,glad you enjoy it. Will that will be great,I will be down for a short while this evening then have to leave to take Beau/Christina and Miss Joanie
out to supper for Beau's 26th Birthday.Then I will be back by 8 pm or so I am hoping. Jon and I think Alex will be there,not sure who else.I will be a little scattered this weekend with the birthday and a Baggett Family reunion Sunday.I hope to get some time to get my hide ready to tan ,Winged Elm shot in and a little hunting in.The weather has got hot again but the deer have to eat. :) :) Corn was cut the middle of the week so the deer don't have as many places to hide now. ;) :) :) Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday. :) :) Life is Good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #6811 on: October 07, 2011, 12:01:59 pm »
Well I'm sure you will have fun.  Give Beau a hug and a Happy Birthday from me.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline fencepost

« Reply #6812 on: October 07, 2011, 12:16:38 pm »
1 year 7 months after flood  and finally getting close to moving back in house ... tired of living in a camper.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 12:22:33 pm by Pappy »

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6813 on: October 10, 2011, 07:08:19 am »
Another great weekend,Still didn't get much hunting in but fun never the less, I just can't seem to get fired up on hunting this year for somereason but still having fun getting some projects done around the shop.Jimmy and me both got our Winged elm bows shooting and shot them quite a bit. Here are some pictures of the weekend. Hop yall had a good one also. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6814 on: October 10, 2011, 07:13:42 am »
That was Jimmy and Me trying out our winged elm,they shoot nice,mine need a little tiller tweaking on the lower limb. Jon working on his Osage,getting it ready for a glue on grip.Then Alex/Jesse Will and his better half doing a little napping and picking for us around the fire. We really enjoyed that. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6815 on: October 10, 2011, 07:19:22 am »
Jesse checking for tresspassers. ;) ;D ;D ;D Me cutting up deer meat and collecting sinew. :) :) Tommy doing some arrow work. My stone collection. Jesse got my stand finished,now I need one more. ;) ;D ;D Josh working on his hide,getting it ready to Tan. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6816 on: October 10, 2011, 07:24:48 am »
Josh doing some cain arrow work.he is getting that down pat. Sweet pee,our clubs
sweet little girl friend,hope she don't forget us when she grows up,she sure loves it down there now. :) :) Then went got out and done some wood cutting,getting low around the camp fire. :) We go through a bunch of wood that is for sure. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6817 on: October 10, 2011, 07:30:32 am »
 More deer skinning [ Chris Collingsworth's nice doe] Josh got the hide,he is really have fun with the tanning thing and I have no doubt he will do a good job on them. Then we went out to put up a Buddy stand getting ready for the up comming Youth hunt. That's about it for this week ,can't wait till Friday.
Life is Good.  :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #6818 on: October 10, 2011, 08:56:04 am »
Morning Pappy all those stone knives got me envious. You and Jimmy are showing some good form. Hey to Jesse looks like John is hard after it as usual, love the t shirt John. Nothing like a little pickin around the fire to wind up a perfect day. I would get to the wishin I was there but you already know that. Life is good up there. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6819 on: October 10, 2011, 09:34:03 am »
so much goes on around there on the weekend! I'm  at work as usual haven't hit a rock in awhile either. That knife collection is making me drool a little. I need to start me a collection one of these days but i keep giving them away. By the way i still owe John and Woody one. Seems like i remember making a promise one evening in the cabin ::).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Will H

« Reply #6820 on: October 10, 2011, 10:10:49 am »
Had a great time Friday pappy! Thanks again! It was great to meet Jesse and Alex both, you sure do know how to keep good company around. :) hope to make it back out there soon. Have a good week :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6821 on: October 10, 2011, 10:36:07 am »
Morning Cracker,ya wished you was closer. Ya Paul it's easy to make promises in the cabin at night. ;) ;D ;D ;D Will I really enjoyed your picking and meeting you pretty wife,very sweet lady.I also enjoy your CD but I will have to say you are even better Live. Thanks. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6822 on: October 10, 2011, 10:42:58 am »
Man, keep looking at the pictures every week and counting down the days till November. I know the feeling about not getting excited about hunting this year, Pappy. Our archery finally opens next Saturday and the three days of rain we just got will fill the woods up with water. I'm not looking forward to wading and swatting a swarm of mosquitos all day on top of constantly watching for snakes.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 01:18:22 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6823 on: October 10, 2011, 10:57:21 am »
Ya Eddie,maybe it will be cooled off and nice weather here by the time yall come up.It usually is pretty nice in early November here. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #6824 on: October 10, 2011, 11:31:05 am »
Good to see Gil's bow got there safe and sound. I wil check and see when he might be back home.