Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4723836 times)

Offline BearG

Re: Life is good
« Reply #6735 on: September 12, 2011, 02:57:25 pm »
Well guys I too think of that place as a second home and all of yall as family.  Cant wait to get down next time, may be hard this season due to work.  But we will see, if nothing else I'd love to get down when Dave and the crew come in from New York just to hang out.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline cracker

« Reply #6736 on: September 12, 2011, 05:33:56 pm »
Come on Bear you know you'll be there.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline tenessee bear tracks

« Reply #6737 on: September 12, 2011, 06:37:11 pm »
thanx for having me and the band down we really enjoyed it and wanted to say thanx for letting us play  ;D
"i ain't never knew a man that ever owned another and i ain't never owned nothin of my own"       Justin Townes Earle

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #6738 on: September 13, 2011, 01:11:05 am »
Looks like a good time was had by all!  Me and Miss Heather will get there someday!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6739 on: September 13, 2011, 07:13:42 am »
You are welcome Jeremie, Bear you know you are always welcome ,Matt you and you beautiful better half are welcome anytime,hope you can make it down someday,I know you would feel right at home.  :) :) I will only be down Friday and a short time Saturday this week,Miss Joanie and me have plans [ 40th Class reunion ] should be fun to see some old friends from the passed. :)  :) then it will be time to get ready for opening day of deer season the 24th. :) :) Can't wait. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6740 on: September 15, 2011, 01:39:40 pm »
Shew! Finally found a minute to slow down! I wanna thank you Pappy and all the crew for the chance to stay there for awhile. I was serious about felling some trees for my cabin and squatting up there on the hill ;D. Sure am going to miss that place felt like a second home to me too. See ya'll in May :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6741 on: September 16, 2011, 07:17:41 am »
You are welcome Paul,enjoyed having you around,heck Bubba already misses
you. ;) :D :D Friday,and I am headed to the cabin as so as I get away from here.
Got a little more bushhogging to do and a couple more stands to put up,other than that no big plans,just some shooting and getting stuff ready for next weekend. The weather is really nice right now high 70 today and in the mid 40's tonight  of course it will warm up next week for the opening day of deer season. ;D ;D Hope yall have a good one.see ya Monday.Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #6742 on: September 16, 2011, 10:59:27 am »
Hay Cowboy:
Sorry I did not make it up to see you.
Life is just extra busy for me now.
Was at home working on a project a few days back.  Got all furstraded and bent out of shape.
My wife walked up and said why don't you put all that up and go see Pappy??
I love that woman. ;)

Life will slow down someday soon.  I Hope. :P

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #6743 on: September 16, 2011, 03:58:45 pm »
Hey Paul, hope you found some good rocks down the creek...sorry our hunt was a bust, sure thought some of those would have turned out better then they were!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6744 on: September 19, 2011, 07:23:19 am »
Great weekend,it was my birthday and also miss Joanie and My 40 class reunion
so I didn't get a lot of time at the cabin but some real quality time with Miss Joanie.
I did manage to get some shooting in Friday evening and Saturday Morning,also got a few more stands up and a couple checked and trimmed out. I also got 2 sourwood shafts straightened and 1 point mounted,got the second ready to mount,1 was gave to me by Cowboy,it is some rock off my creek and the other is a trade point from Josh,he hasn't been around lately,I think he got a real job. ;) ;D ;D Short on pictures but here are a few of the weekend.Hope yall had a good one. :) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 11:08:14 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6745 on: September 19, 2011, 07:36:39 am »
Then Jon and Me had wild Turkey and taters for supper Friday Night. I finished up my bushhogging Friday evening so Saturday morning I got up early and put up a couple stands,I love this one right over the creek,you can see the little opening on the right of the first picture ,it is a good crossing that comes from a thicket and heads to a food plot and corn field ,that should be my shot,about 12 yards. ;) :D.
GregB gave me this Knife kit,nice blade and wood for the handle for my birthday,Thanks Greg. ;) ;) Then Big A got the score board ready for next weekend, Art and Jon gave moral support. :) :) :).
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6746 on: September 19, 2011, 07:43:43 am »
Got this head mounted to a sourwood shaft,bare shafted it and now all it needs is some feathers,hope to have it ready for opening morning.It was a great time and you got to love this time of year,cool nights and not to hot in the day. Hope yall had a good one.I hope to have a lot of pictures next week,who knows might even have some of some dead critters. ;) :D :D Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #6747 on: September 19, 2011, 09:34:20 am »
Hey Pappy good luck on the critters good lookin arras. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #6748 on: September 19, 2011, 08:32:25 pm »
I cant friggin believe all cool stuff I'm missin every weekend! yall been makin some really cool stuff and havin some good times looks like to me! I'll try to come up as soon as I can! yep real job takin all my saturdays away

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6749 on: September 19, 2011, 10:24:02 pm »
 Good luck hunting this weekend, Pappy and happy Birthday.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?