Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4713654 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #6510 on: July 19, 2011, 08:58:43 am »
Abby came to visit to get a few tips on cooking from Dave,Missed you Jesse. :(
 Tomi and some of her good friends. We also got to get the raffle that Joe donated at the Classice to the person that won it,He was very pleased with it.
Thank Joe.Then Miss Joanie helping Marie get set up in the big tent.I will post more this week but need to get some work done right now.Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #6511 on: July 19, 2011, 11:58:17 am »
Pappy:  The work you and the Twin Oaks gang including Miss Joanie do for the PA world is beyond remarkable.  We all benefit from your efforts and only wish we could find a way to show our appreciation!  You are special in my book!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6512 on: July 19, 2011, 02:07:46 pm »
Thank Joe, I will pass that along. Here are a few more,Miss Joanie shoffering me arounf ,The iwoabow showed up,he spent some time and lost a good amount of blood in the pit. :) :) He and Shannon spent some time there along wit Will. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6513 on: July 19, 2011, 02:13:35 pm »
Jimmy and family.Al and Joan,cam in from Canada,they also made the Classic,he said they just love the place. A gift for the club,I gave him the wood knot at the Classic and he came back with this fine knife. Parnell showed up,great suprise. :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 02:17:11 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6514 on: July 19, 2011, 02:15:25 pm »
Looks like another good time at Twin Oaks, Pappy. Sorry I couldn't be there.  Thanks for repairing the whistling arrow James made.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6515 on: July 19, 2011, 02:21:30 pm »
Not a proble Pat,Wished you could have made it to ,we missed you ,and that quiver was really cool. We had some good vendors for this event,just wished I had got more pictures of all there set ups. The boy scouts done the parking Friday and Sat. And also Here is a new friend from South Africa. :) :) Pretty good drive for him. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6516 on: July 19, 2011, 02:33:34 pm »
Will showed up,great to get to meet him in person,really a nice guy and hope to be seeing more of him. I also meet a guy from Canada,he had always wanted to make the Classic but the timing was always off,so him wife surprised him with tickets to Tennessee for this one,I think he really enjoyed his self,at least he seemed to. I also got a big honor Sat. night while the picking was going on,I really appreciated this one.They give it every year at the Howard Hill shoot and I wasn't there this year to get it,so Terry brought it to the world and surprised me with it there. Then to top the night off my friends from ElmHall MI. showed up.another great bunch of folks,I will see them again in a few weeks. :) :) :)
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6517 on: July 19, 2011, 03:26:33 pm »
Definitely a well deserved award my friend!  8)  Congrats, Pappy!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cracker

« Reply #6518 on: July 19, 2011, 03:29:39 pm »
Way to go Pappy you certainly deserve an award for all the stuff you do, the whole club does. Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline seabass

« Reply #6519 on: July 19, 2011, 04:00:43 pm »
congrats on the award pappy.you truely deserve it.keep up the good work,steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #6520 on: July 19, 2011, 04:26:26 pm »
Good to see them give you some much deserved recognition Pappy !!
Thanks for all you do !!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #6521 on: July 19, 2011, 04:49:46 pm »
Great pictures Pappy. Jeff and I sure had a BLAST!!!! I was tickled to get a chance to intro him around to everyone.....and if anybodys reading this the picture of me has Chad Weaver a hugging me NOT Jeff Hampton, just wanted to clarify that one!!! LOL!!! I have about 50+ pictures I posted up on them "other" two sites so go and check them out OK? The fella from South Africa was Brian Dean...wasn't that cool!!!
The 2 little pictures I wanna post I got at the very last. I believe this is the future of Women's Archery to be sure!!! This is 4 year old Madison Huff-Bailey, she was there with her grandparents from Lebanon, Ohio. she requested the full draw pic....I requested the second pic. Ya'll need to remember this young Miss's name and face...you will see her coming on strong in the future!!!!

Thank you to Pappy, Joanie and all the Twin Oaks crew!!! It was wonderful!!! (I gotta tell you...I couldn't help but look for Keith Brake...I miss that fine man for sure, I could see his big ole' grin sitting at the window and feel his spirit every where I looked.)
Tomi Varnell
TNGIRL and cheapshot....... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6522 on: July 19, 2011, 11:07:34 pm »
 Sure looks like ya'll had a good time, love seeing pictures of good friends having fun. Does Brad Kesselowski know you have his golf cart?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6523 on: July 20, 2011, 07:25:16 am »
We sure did have a good time Eddie,pleasure to meet you fellow again Tomi. ;) :)
Here are a few pictures of the night life,kind of reminds you of the Classic,just a little drier. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6524 on: July 20, 2011, 07:47:07 am »
Some of the guys in the selfbow class,in the IBO world,I only got to shoot one round,don't think it would have mattered anyway. ;) ;D ;DShannon and Will in the pit.I didn't get to spend near as much time with my friends as I would have liked. :( :( Miss Joanie and me got some nice gifts from Ed Neat,he makes some cool
stuff. :) The last picture is a good shot of some good friends that have helped me a lot over the years.Thanks. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good