Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711096 times)

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #6090 on: April 18, 2011, 10:21:47 am »
Man that would be great Mike,I sure hope you can work it out. :) :) :) Cracker I think we are getting there.Next week we will set the ranges and some more mowing and a little more clean up and getting things organized.Hope to have most of that stuff by the time yall start rolling in. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #6091 on: April 18, 2011, 10:52:58 am »
Sure do enjoy Monday mornings and the pictures of the farm!  So good to see all the gang and the results of hard work.  Picking up Josiah Sat. the 23rd and leaving early the 24th.  Couple of quick turkey hunts in Nebraska and on to the Classic.  Have lots of work to do to get ready, mainly wood and kindling for my wife and moving horses to the mountain pastures.  Hope that rascally El D makes it!  Will have a few horns and things to trade and some things to give away!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Keenan

« Reply #6092 on: April 18, 2011, 01:44:21 pm »
Looking awesome! You all did a great job on all the preparations and accommodations.  I've been trying to do as much prep as I can up North for the long trip. Going to bring as much Northern items as possible,  Have some yew, juniper, vine maple, cascara and even mountain mahogany staves ready.  Going to throw in a bunch of obsidian and dacite and also bringing some new bow benches,draw knives, and  bow racks that I've designed.  ;D
 I'll be there about Monday or Tuesday and Lulyn and Wade will be flying in on Saturday.  She works late on Friday but has several days off after that.

El D hope you can make it Bro.

Pappy, Be sure to let Jesse know that I have the Tipi ready for him. ;D Might be a little snug >:D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 02:06:12 pm by Keenan »

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #6093 on: April 18, 2011, 09:08:49 pm »
You guys are all most to much for me !! :)
laughter doeth good like a medicine so I will be a young man again soon !!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6094 on: April 19, 2011, 01:46:11 pm »
Jesse might fit in that,well maybe just his head. Looking forward to seeing you,I will be there to help with the Teepee. :) Should be several there by that time.Hope you have a good trip. :)
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #6095 on: April 19, 2011, 01:53:37 pm »
Pappy looks like its shaping up to be a real humdinger this year.Can hardly wait Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Jake Allen

« Reply #6096 on: April 19, 2011, 02:15:58 pm »
The place is really shaping up and all the award arrows, and staves, and sheds, and firewood.  :)
Looks good. I know ya'll will have a fine time.
Thanks Pappy, for all the pictures and narration the last few months. I have enjoyed it all!

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #6097 on: April 20, 2011, 12:43:09 am »
just a thought about twin oaks: been a little over a year since i first drove over the hill down into valley. I didn't know what to expect or what was to come after that day. but since then I've learned to flint knap a decent point, learned a lot about making bows a (workin on my second one), figured out how to make a decent trap once again, made a bunch of knives which made some people out there happy, helped work on a bunch of projects and the hard work felt good, laughed with people, learned some wisdom and made some good memories all with the help of some good friends I made along the way. twin oaks is great place place and we're lucky to have it and the unique people that are drawn to it, appreciate it. see yall this weekend, lets get ready for the classic. amen.

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6098 on: April 20, 2011, 07:12:38 am »
Thanks Josh,We have enjoyed you company a lot also. :) :) Been a good year,Life has truly been good to us and especially good for me.  :) All the help we get to keep this thing going just amazes me every time I think about it and that is a lot of the time. People don't know how much I appreciate it. :)   
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #6099 on: April 20, 2011, 10:13:37 am »
Hard to believe that a week from today I'll be there seeing you all, we're excited to leave, we just dodged a big winter storm yesterday, only an inch or so of snow on the ground this morning, they were originally calling for 12inches. 60 miles south of us they got it. it's been cold here since last week and I'm so hoping to see some 70's or warmer.
The morel mushrooms looked great, it'll be awhile before they're out here, that crockpot made me drool.
VB

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #6100 on: April 20, 2011, 12:34:39 pm »
I
We'll be there Tuesday afternoon, can't wait. Sunday, me and my son found a couple of morel patches by his house before his daughter's birthday party started. First time for me finding them. Cooked them up and they were great, now I'm hooked. My son found some more yesterday. Now when I go shooting, I'm looking at the ground for shrooms. Had a big storm come through last night, all OK, power outage, heavy winds, no tornado's. See next week.
  B. Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6101 on: April 20, 2011, 11:34:59 pm »
It's only been a few weeks for me and I can't wait to get back. ;D Dragging the camper this year and won't have to bail out on the late night fun this year.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Parnell

« Reply #6102 on: April 21, 2011, 12:34:56 pm »
Let the countdown begin!  I'll be getting my things together this weekend.  Angie and I should arrive Thursday morning! ;D ;D ;D
1’—>1’

Offline BearG

« Reply #6103 on: April 21, 2011, 05:00:04 pm »
6 1/2 WORKING HRS LEFT
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6104 on: April 21, 2011, 05:10:10 pm »
Bear, what will we all do after you leave. We'll never know when we should go.  ???
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC