Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711164 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #570 on: October 13, 2007, 02:59:28 am »
Lets see hear! Now if preditors eat meat and prey animals eat vegies then that would put your brother in-law in the prey catagory? Hmmmm!!!! May want to keep him out of the woods durring hunting season!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #571 on: October 15, 2007, 06:08:15 am »
Had a great weekend,no deer but some close encounters so that is good.Had my tender
loin Friday night,man it was good.Worked on my Hickory bow,got it tillered and tips and carp skins on,looking pretty good.Had to haul a little wood,man I go through the wood.Wonder why. ;D ;D
Had Wild Turkey breast rapped in beacon and greens and red beans for supper Sat. night.This
is really tough on my diet.Hope yall had a good one also.Got sister 2 ready for the hunt also
and took it out Sat. and Sunday.Done some stump shooting on the way back from the stand and shooting it pretty good.I think if I can get um close I will do fine with this one it shoots almost like sister 1 just a little more stack.Hope yall had a good one also.Life is good.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:41:32 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #572 on: October 15, 2007, 06:16:38 am »
Putting Carp skins on the Hickory and getting supper started for Sat. night.Turkey breast
rapped in beacon and cooked on the fire. :)
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:43:26 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #573 on: October 15, 2007, 06:18:13 am »
Supper Sat. night.um um good.
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:44:27 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #574 on: October 15, 2007, 08:14:06 am »
Supper Sat. night.um um good.

Served on one of my mothers old plates. ;) I carried some stuff to the club that I thought could be used. Nice to see one of her old plates going to such a fine use! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #575 on: October 15, 2007, 10:24:15 am »
These posts make my Monday Mornings.  Thanks for sharing Pappy. 

Our Church Youth Group is coming out to our place Wednesday night for a bonfire to kick-off Fall Break.  I'm going to take the opportunity to clear off a spot near my Man-Cave to build my own version of Pappy's fire pit.  No wild game to cook yet, but any kind of meat is a start.

I've got an oak board in the Man-Cave, a persimmon stave in the rafters and a hickory stave on the way.  I hope to make some shavings soon.  I also hope to sit a stand come Friday and/or Saturday morning. 

Otoe
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #576 on: October 15, 2007, 11:54:04 am »
Got to start somewhere Otoe,and you are right any meat over an open fire is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

8up

« Reply #577 on: October 15, 2007, 01:24:07 pm »
Looks like you had a good time Pappy. I hunted saturday morning and had to pass on a 4pt and 6pt and a button buck. Didn't see any does.  The neighbors had a bunch of friends out riding dirtbikes and atv's all day and sunday so the deer were all hiding.

Offline Mickey

« Reply #578 on: October 15, 2007, 03:51:14 pm »
Mark, glad to see the skins got put to good use. Definilty makes Hickory look better  ;)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #579 on: October 15, 2007, 06:12:29 pm »
Pappy, All that food looks quite good to me as always.  Especially at this time of year, a fire in the pit, good friends and good food make for a wonderful evening.
   I think carp skins make one of the most beautiful bow backings I've ever seen. It surely makes that hickory bow stand out in a crowd.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #580 on: October 15, 2007, 07:02:34 pm »
   Pappy,I sure do like the looks of those Carp skins.I wish we had them down here.The ones we do have are bought and protected.

Greg,I'll send you some of my old plates if you fill one up like that and send it back. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #581 on: October 16, 2007, 05:31:00 am »
Yes I really like the skins and Mickey thanks again for them ,you didn't have to do that but
I do appreshate it.I made the grip last night and put a coat of Tru Oil on them and man
dose that make them stand out.Pat you are right there is nothing like good friends and good
food around a good fire.I love it.Mullet you need to come up and lets us feed you sometime
I know you would have a ball. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #582 on: October 16, 2007, 08:16:24 am »
Mullet you need to come up and lets us feed you sometime

...and you can eat out of one of my mothers plates, they compliment the good food! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #583 on: October 16, 2007, 07:30:35 pm »
  I've already made plans for ToeJam.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #584 on: October 17, 2007, 12:54:17 am »
Hey Pappy! Looks like I may be able to make the Classic this year comming up.  Is there a cost to participate in the bow building competition you all put on? Wish I could have gone to the one last year. I'm still trying to work up to a heavy English warbow and just got some lams that might work out. Hope to at least be up to 80 or 90 lbs bow by the time I get there. Uhm! Might want to put up some armor plated targets!  ;D

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill