Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4716179 times)

Offline BearG

Re: Life is good
« Reply #5670 on: January 07, 2011, 12:06:41 pm »
Come on Mark crossing my fingers for you.  I know its been a rough season for you.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5671 on: January 09, 2011, 06:30:50 pm »
Knife I made at Twin Oaks this weekend.

Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5672 on: January 09, 2011, 06:34:51 pm »
Thanks Greg for the new knife sheath, it turned out really nice.

Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline KYslim

« Reply #5673 on: January 10, 2011, 12:13:42 am »
I can`t wait to take my son with me to Twin Oaks...it`ll be our first visit

pappy, thanks so much for this whole thread...I read thru all the pages so far

Need to trounce around the woods here in western KY and see if i can round up some stave wood or maybe find some raw materials to donate for the invite....Again I appreciate that so much.

Will work for skills training....We`ll help with the chores in return for the knowledge and fellowship!

Hope to meet you soon, Pappy

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5674 on: January 10, 2011, 05:23:34 am »
It was another great weekend,cold[very cold] and not a deer seen from the stand by me,Jon seen 4 or 5 but no shots, but that's OK,got plenty in the freezer and enough hides to keep us busy for a while. The season is over except for the youth next week end so the deer can breath a sigh of relief till next year. ;) :) :) Don't think they were to worried about me this year
anyway. :) :) Got some bow work done,we got Jon's IW straightened and some reflex put in it and I got my Osage out to around 35@16.needs some mid limb work but looking pretty good so far.Here are a few pictures of the weekend. Hope yall had a good one also. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5675 on: January 10, 2011, 05:27:53 am »
Jon's son Josh showed up ,we are trying to show him the fine art of bow making. ;) :) :) :)
It was nice in the Stand Sat morning,love hunting in the snow,we don't get to do that much around here. GregB showed up and spent the day working on knives. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5676 on: January 10, 2011, 05:36:02 am »
BigA showed up also,we did some hide work later on in the day,Some of GregB's leather work,he is getting good at that stuff. My little girl friend showed up with some supplies she wanted me to have,sweet little girl. :) :) Jon also got in some knife work. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5677 on: January 10, 2011, 05:43:02 am »
Jon's knife getting a handle put on,and his IW stave off the form and ready for some nocks to be cut.BigA's hide getting thawed out for racking,hard to do at 20 degrees ;) :) :) GregB just taking a break. ;D ;D My Osage at 15 inches,needs some more work on the mid limbs but looking pretty good,still 11 inches and 15 or so lbs to give so it should be fine. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5678 on: January 10, 2011, 05:51:02 am »
BigA racking his hide,this was his first and he done fine,think he learned a lot.  A couple of the young men that will be down for the youth hunt,we went out and put them up some blinds so they will be ready for Sat. morning. GregB still at the knife work he is drilling holes for the scales and Woody showing Case a little bit about an AR15.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5679 on: January 10, 2011, 05:57:10 am »
GregB's days worth of work,now he has some stuff to work with, He gave me one of the
blanks,I don't want to be left of of the knife making and everyone knows I need some more knives. :) :) That's about it for the weekend.I did hunt Sunday morning ,it was 9 degrees when I left the cabin,no deer but the squirrels were have a hay day,I have never seen as many squirrels
this time of year as I have in the last few weeks,need to get after them for sure. :) :)
Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #5680 on: January 10, 2011, 08:50:58 am »
 ;D 8)You already know what I'm gonna say. Life is good carry on.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline BearG

« Reply #5681 on: January 10, 2011, 10:23:57 am »
well Mark  to bad you didnt get a deer.  But looks like yall had a hoot.  I'll have to see if
Greg can show me how to make a sheath or give me a copy of his pattern.   Anyway can't hardly wait til March rolls around.
Life will be Good ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline oschroe

« Reply #5682 on: January 10, 2011, 11:40:34 am »
Here are a few pics from a week ago the Y boys where in to hunt and a knife that Greg B. made and gave me this weekend.  I swear Mark and Dave are long lost twins ;D  What do you think about that country ham Cracker? :) :)

Woody
Woody

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."

Offline oschroe

« Reply #5683 on: January 10, 2011, 11:43:30 am »
Pics
Woody

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."

Offline cracker

« Reply #5684 on: January 10, 2011, 12:40:21 pm »
Ain't much better than country ham with runny eggs and grits. I had to look through you're post to see if you meant litteraly or just the two ham twins.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?