Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4834296 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #540 on: October 08, 2007, 06:20:07 am »
Didn't do any good with the deer ,but didn't hunt much.Went out for a couple of Hours Sat. and seen a couple of small bucks but no shot.I worked on bows and spent the weekend with
my son,hadn't seen him in a while so we watched Tn. foot ball .It was his 22nd birth day so
had a great weekend.Redoing my 56 in. hickory bow,recurving thye tips and making a new
grip.Finished the Mic. bow and plan to send it out Monday.Had some good fish ,taters and Brats.
It has been really hot here so maybe it will cool down this week and can get back in the woods. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:37:56 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #541 on: October 08, 2007, 06:22:14 am »
Supper Friday night,and working on the Hickory. :)
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:38:38 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #542 on: October 08, 2007, 06:25:22 am »
Hanna getting ready for a ride,Touch down Tennessee. ;D and Beau just chilling.
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:39:43 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #543 on: October 08, 2007, 06:31:43 am »
Hope yall had as much fun as I did.Life is Good. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #544 on: October 08, 2007, 08:37:00 am »
It was his 22nd birth day so
had a great weekend.

Doesn't seem like Beau should be 22! I didn't have any luck either this weekend other then bad. Didn't see any deer Saturday morning, and did not hunt the evening. During the day Saturday I went out to practice with my Copperhead bow like I've been doing a lot of this summer. Thought I heard a tic sound while at full draw. A close examination and I couldn't find anything wrong. Shot a couple of more arrows just fine before I put it up...but I wasn't completely convinced. Sunday morning before daylight I was about to head out to hunt, decided to flex the bow...second flex and the lower limb snapped in to! :'(

Although it wasn't the best performing bow I had made, it was the nicest looking bow I thought. Also April BOM winner...
I was able to harvest a couple of deer opening weekend with it. I plan to try and glue it back together and put on the wall. It was a challenging piece of wood, and whether it was problems in the wood or something that I had done during the making of it that caused it to blow, I sure hate to lose it. I had planned to retire it after this season. Oh well, I grabbed another selfbow and went out hunting anyway Sunday morning. No deer sighted...
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #545 on: October 08, 2007, 09:09:21 am »
Sorry to hear that Greg,I know you liked that bow.There is always another.Ya you are right
it don't seem like he should be 22 but life moves on.He is flying out Sat. to Colorado to look at
a law school,man wouldn't that be cool.One more reason to go out west at least 1 more time
before I get to old. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #546 on: October 08, 2007, 10:13:19 am »
That's smellin good Pappy - when do we eat? Ya'll already ate - it takes awhile fer tha smell to drift over my way ;D.
  Have seen so many pictures of the club there, kinda feel like a fly on tha wall - like I've been there :). Maybe I'll make it out next year, that'd be good - I should already know where to find the tools, and food :D.

Man - sorry to hear that too Greg! Must be like losing a limb or something - well maybe not that bad. Makes me wonder how long my first few will survive :-[, looks like ya'll got plenty of snakes around there though. Good thing you have a standby fer yer standby fer yer standby to hunt with ;D

When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #547 on: October 08, 2007, 11:04:53 am »
Ya I know what ya mean about the kids growing my son turned 21 last month, he was home on leave a few weeks ago and now I won't see him until
probably Nov 2008. Thank god for the internet he sends pics all the time. Greg sorry about your bow, but at least you got to make meat with it.
Cowboy I plan on being at Pappy's for the 11th ToeJam hope you can make it.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #548 on: October 08, 2007, 02:27:14 pm »
Thanks guys, it was a special bow to me because of BOM. But it is/was just a bow, lots more wood out there to make bows from. Maybe Copperhead Bow II will be a better bow then the first. :)

Yeah Dana, it does make me feel better that I was able to get a couple deer with it first. ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #549 on: October 08, 2007, 03:58:39 pm »
Greg,

Sorry to hear about about your little Copperhead. She did you right in her short life, though... Surely she has some kin somewhere in these TN woods!

I drove up to meet Pappy and Beau that evening and never saw a single deer between Nashville and the cabin, during the prime moving time (6-7PM). I think that is the first time, ever. A cold front is suppose to move in Wed, so let's hope it causes some changes...
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #550 on: October 09, 2007, 05:20:47 am »
Cowboy/Dana yall come on down,I promos a good meal and lots of fun.Chad enjoyed our little visit and ya maybe this front will help things,we really need some rain and thought we were going to get some last night but now don't look like it,O WELL like my old uncle said when I ask him reckon it's ever going to rain,he said well I don't know Mark but it always has before. :)See yall soon and good luck with the hunting. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #551 on: October 09, 2007, 07:40:47 am »

keep thinking besides being a great bowyer you seem to be a darn great cook, too!!! - fell like pablow's dog when i watch these pictures  8)

frank
Frank from Germany...

makete

« Reply #552 on: October 09, 2007, 11:13:19 am »
Know what you mean medicinewheel, I get hungry every time I come in here. I'm suprised every one there dont look a lot bigger in the middle ;). Of course they do alot of work ::). Wish I was there just to smell the cookin.

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #553 on: October 09, 2007, 03:38:45 pm »
I know I'll never have a set-up close to Pappy's, but his weekly Monday posts have inspired me to do one thing, and that is to establish me a semi-permantent fire pit out near my "man-cave".  Fire, food and tools.  Life is Good. 

Thanks for sharing.

Otoe
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #554 on: October 10, 2007, 05:39:39 am »
I cook OK if you like meat and grease and taters,and I do.Otoe I love my fire pit,it just
don't seem like camp without a fire. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good