Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711363 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5100 on: August 10, 2010, 12:22:03 pm »
Ya it had been hot they said but I got lucky,turned cool when I got there and was warming up when I left,Ha there was  at least one yooper there. But not to many. ;) ;D ;D I meet a couple of guys that said they liver about 25/30 miles above the bridge.  :)   
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5101 on: August 10, 2010, 02:14:43 pm »
                                                                                      Well...Dem Be Yoopers..... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5102 on: August 12, 2010, 07:50:25 am »
Ya I thought I had a picture of them ,but can't find it,O Well yall all look alike anyway. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5103 on: August 13, 2010, 06:44:26 am »
Friday and I got all my honey do's done this week so I am headed to the Cabin as soon as I get off,
We have a meeting Sat. to get ready for the 18th Deer Classic coming up in early Sept. and also to decide if we are going to do the IBO world again. Other than that it is time to start getting the arrows and bows ready for the up coming season.I also plan on bushhogging and start getting my food plots ready to sew. I think Ridgerunner his son Forest and a friend are coming up to do some bow work on Sat. Shanon was coming but I think he got side tracked. :( Nice camp fire,food and  good friends,that's hard to beat. :) :) Hope yall have a good one also.See ya Monday.   :)
Life is good.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #5104 on: August 13, 2010, 08:41:56 am »
Pappy sounds like you got it all planned out. One of our mills closed down about a month ago sort of a bummer but on the bright side I got 180 acres of free hunting land unknown to me the mill was on a big parcel of land most of which is wooded so I'll be down there this weekend. My boss rolled in the door monday and anounced that he was gonna lease the hunting rights so I immedietly asked how much he said if you want it it's free ;D ;D cant beat that deal. I guess life really is good.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5105 on: August 13, 2010, 09:42:23 am »
Thats great,nothing like having your own place to hunt and not have to worry to much about others bothering you. I am spoiled for sure ,it would be hard for me to go back to hunting public land. If I see someone while I am hunting , they are either lost or trespassing,either way I ask them to leave and don't come back unless invited.  Which I do from time to time.:) :) Let us know how it looks.Bet it is hot down there ,it sure is here. Close to 100 for the last few weeks,it is supposed to cool off next week,back in the low 90's .  ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #5106 on: August 13, 2010, 09:51:29 am »
Pappy:
I am going to drive up early Saturday morning.
Going to be by myself.  Forrest has chickened out and my friend had to work.

See you Saturday Morning.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline cracker

« Reply #5107 on: August 13, 2010, 10:34:02 am »
Pappy the weather is about the same here. I'll try to post some pics next week.Ron

Offline cracker

« Reply #5108 on: August 16, 2010, 06:33:34 am »
So Pappy where are our monday morning pic?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5109 on: August 16, 2010, 06:38:40 am »
Man what a great weekend,David and Shanon showed up Sat. Morning along with a bunch of the guys from the club.We got a lot done and of course ate like kings. I got my pitch done,it turned out good,not as much as I had hoped when I started but enough for now.Once you clean that stuff and biol it off it don't go as far as you would think.I also got a rest on my backwards Osage and sealer on the bow Shanon gave me.I made a spindle holder for my fire drill and my first pipe.Jesse traded for some soap stone,that stuff is cool.Here are a few pictures of the weekend.Hope yall had
a good one also. :) :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5110 on: August 16, 2010, 06:43:33 am »
Light supper Friday night ,it was just me and King Ron,Turkey laid out for Sat. Some of our kids in the napping pit.The heads in the picture are a cash Chris traded for,all found in the same place,nice set. And David makes it up.  :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5111 on: August 16, 2010, 06:47:45 am »
Big A just relaxing,Jesse and Shanon doing a little napping,My new spindle holder and Chris showing off the bow he won from PatB at the Classic,he is shooting it very good right now.
    Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5112 on: August 16, 2010, 07:02:45 am »
BigA  turned on the band saw and out came a flying squirrel,after looking where she came from we found 3 babies,still no hair,very young,the nest was a mess so I took it and them and put it all back together ,then put them in a big coffee can and set it above the saw in the corner of the small roof.
Within 30 minutes she found them,hope they make it,they are pretty scarce around home. David doing a little bow bending,then we took time out to do a little shooting,we made some great shots and also some bad ones,more good than bad,we were all pretty happy with the way we shot. :) :)
 Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5113 on: August 16, 2010, 07:08:42 am »
Josh showed up to do a little napping ,he has come a long way since the last time I saw him,he also wants to make a bow,he got a good start Sat.Braced and heated,he is ready to start tillering it.
Jesse putting a soap stone handle on a blade Josh gave me,he knows how I love knives. ;) ;D ;Some of Jon's knife work. Nice job,he also gave me the small one. ;D ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5114 on: August 16, 2010, 07:13:31 am »
Some of David's knife work,looking good,Jesse teaching Case how to make a snare trap,David giving a lesson to Chris on bow lay out and some of Jon's quivers,nice work.  :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good