Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4721548 times)

Offline RG

Re: Life is good
« Reply #5055 on: July 30, 2010, 12:35:38 pm »
I might try to come down for awhile Saturday morning Mark

Ron

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #5056 on: July 30, 2010, 12:43:20 pm »
Hope you have a great weekend Pappy.  Life is good.  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #5057 on: August 01, 2010, 12:30:29 am »
Ive been back to this post a few times and u have to think about it and remember the things in life that is most important.  Showing my appreciation to not only Pappy and all the good he does for many people but all the good people on here as well!

Russell
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5058 on: August 02, 2010, 06:22:02 am »
Thanks Russell,you are right,it ant about me. :) We had a great weekend,hot but good just the same. We got everything cleaned up from the shoots this year,all the tents put away and stuff back in it's place,Thanks Guys. :) We also found time for the other stuff we love to do.Done  lot of bow work,some hide work along with knives and FOOD,man we ate good.Here are a few pictures of the weekend.One of the first is the head stone Chris and Red made for Yankee,he is buried on the farm.Very nice job on it.I know Yankee would love it. :) Also Jimmy[RangerB]just before he left for War College for a year,we will miss him around there.  :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5059 on: August 02, 2010, 06:27:15 am »
DaveO brought some killer brats,I cooked them up fro supper Friday night,I think GregB could smell them and showed up fro supper. ;) :)  I also finely wet my Bufflo Moc's and got them brome in from a Christmas trade a couple of years back,wished I had done that sooner,they feel great.  :) Doug
done some art work on his new Osage bow. I put some skins on it later in the day Sat. :)     
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5060 on: August 02, 2010, 06:30:39 am »
Some more on Doug's bow, Some of our kids,we really have some good ones. Putting skins on Doug's bow.  :)   
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5061 on: August 02, 2010, 06:40:49 am »
Jon put a grip on a bow of mine,It is a Kohana Windwalker,I bought in 1989,my first bought Longbow,I traded it in 94 for a set of Black Widow limb for My son Beau's Bow.I have hated it ever
since.I ask Rex the friend I traded it to if he still had it a few weeks ago and if he would sell it back to me.He brought it to me last week,wouldn't sell it,he gave it back to me. Man what good friends I have,I am truly blessed. Also Dave knows how I like knives so when he came down this weekend he brought me a Marble,very nice,Thanks Dave.I also hooked him up with and Osage to get started on.He got down to a ring but needs to go one more,he never gets in a hurry when he is working on a bow.  :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5062 on: August 02, 2010, 06:46:07 am »
The last picture was of Jon sizing a bow limb with TB3 to get ready for some skins.  :)
More skin work,knife work and just setting around shooting the bull,KingRon showed up to give us some words of wisdom, :) :)always good to have him there.  :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5063 on: August 02, 2010, 06:54:30 am »
Jon also put a grip on the Bow Shanon[Sawfiler ] gave me,I put a finish on it and it looks great,Jon has been putting these on for a while,he uses an inner tube,pretty cool and quick grip. Jon's bow after skins.Dave brought me 10 sets of ladder sticks,guess he got tired of the stands and sticks I had,when he comes to hunt with me. ;) ;D ;D Then Me and Beau splitting some Osage for Haley
to build a bow,didn't know it was so snaky when I gave it to her.  :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5064 on: August 02, 2010, 07:01:39 am »
Getting supper ready for Sat. night,Dave brought stuffed peppers,chicken rolls,Chris had ribs and tender loin,we all cooked and had a big pitch in. Also got all the hide racks ready for the up coming season.  :) :) Hannah found the cool spot to rest.She loves the fan.  Sadie stayed under the truck on laid out on the concrete in the archery shop. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5065 on: August 02, 2010, 07:05:23 am »
Supper,then clean up and more tip and Osage work late evening  and into Sat. night. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5066 on: August 02, 2010, 07:13:14 am »
Had to get the draw knife sharp,some people like them dull to chase a ring,but I like them sharp,Terry with his first taste of chasing a ring,and Hannah still by the fan.Hope yall had a good one.Ours was great.I am leaving Wed. morning for a shoot in MI. and won't be back till Monday evening,yall hold in the middle of the road and I will see ya next week with pictures of course.  :)
Should be fun in ElmHall ,MI. get to see some old friends that I don't see but once a year and also get to do some shooting,never seem to find enough time to do that. Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #5067 on: August 02, 2010, 11:17:15 am »
It sure looks like a great time
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline sodbuster

« Reply #5068 on: August 02, 2010, 01:25:06 pm »
Hey Muz, you should have a package coming today -- check it good for extras ;D

MuzP

« Reply #5069 on: August 02, 2010, 05:20:20 pm »
 Chris, just got back from lunch, and went to check the mail, what a surprise... it was SureThang, purty as ever so looked em over and noticed something different, ya left me a meassage, and my name on it. Thanks a whole bunch. So I kept emptying all dem styrofoam chuncks in the trash barrel, and an arrow falls out in my hand, my face swelled up with a big smile, and I said to my self...... SureThang and this arrow are gonna get some meat in a few more weeks, I don't care if a doe, Buck or Bull get's in da way, they gonna feel a sensation from a Tennesse stick-n-arrow. I may have to knapp my own head, since that arrow is a special one. Maybe Sawfiler can whip me up a couple heads to hunt with. Jus wanna say thanks again to all my friends down yonder, that's why LIFE IS SO GOOD!
May the Creator watch over us all. >>>---->