Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4717901 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #4740 on: May 10, 2010, 07:25:52 am »
Glad to hear all is going good with you Pete,wished I had time to help,let me know if you need anything I can help with.Good news on King Ron also,he is looking and feeling as good or better than could be expected,so thing could have been a lot worse all the way around.I finely got back to the Cabin Sat. evening,man what a relief after a hectic week.  :) Done a little more picking up and cleaning up but things are looking much better.The shop looks funny with all the straw but really feels pretty good under some tired feet. Kevin[loose feather] had been there all day working on the camp ground and drive,that boy can do wonders with the box blade. GregB was there working on knives so I decided to put a couple of handles on some gifts given to me at the Classic[TimO and Yazoo'sDAD]Thanks. :) :) I got the finished all but sealer.Then when all by my self I just sat by the fire and relaxed,
nothing like it for me,things were so quite and peaceful,O what a difference a week makes. I love the hussel and bussell of the Classic but also enjoy the peace and quite sometimes,just to think and give thanks. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is good.  :) :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4741 on: May 10, 2010, 07:30:32 am »
GregB's new project,very cool blade,and for those that seen the lower camp ground and road,it's looking better.Here are a few more shots from the Classic also.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4742 on: May 10, 2010, 07:37:05 am »
I always try and save Hole in the limb Chuck a stave if I have one,he got 3 out of this one,they done some serious figuring before splitting this one and it worked out great,good job guys.Also Tomi
gave me a great and very cherished gift,one of Allen's hats,she knows how I like hats and it will be in an honored place in the Cabin.  :) By the way the snakes were road kill in KY.he brought them for us to show him how to skin them. For those who are interested. :)
   Pappy

« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 08:11:37 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4743 on: May 10, 2010, 07:42:42 am »
More bow work,and lots of kids having a good time,Friday before the rain.We at least had a few day of good weather for those that came early in the week. :) I will post a few more as the week goes on.  :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #4744 on: May 10, 2010, 08:37:27 am »
Pappy I'm really glad that things are getting back to normal I really hated to leave early but I just didn't want to drive a bunch of extra miles to get around the flood. I'm getting a bigger pot for next year so we can feed even more people. Life is good Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #4745 on: May 10, 2010, 08:46:40 am »
Pete, I'm very sorry to hear about your home! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Timo

« Reply #4746 on: May 10, 2010, 09:23:08 am »
Dang Pappy! I like the handle you put on that blade! ;)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4747 on: May 10, 2010, 10:30:14 am »
Ya it turned out nice,you know how I love knives. ;) ;D ;D Thanks a bunch. :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #4748 on: May 10, 2010, 10:35:56 am »
Well its snowing here again today and thats what makes the grass!  Looking at the pictures makes me wish I could be there again.  Sure sorry I never had a chance to say good by to Miss Joanie!  Pokie
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline joanieb

« Reply #4749 on: May 10, 2010, 02:29:32 pm »
Wolf Watcher, {Pokie} I am sorry we didn't get to say goodbye and you didn't get that Tennessee Hug to take back to your sweet Eloise.
Just remember not saying goodbye means we will meet again! We look forward to it. Thanks for all the very special gifts.
We are blessed to call you our friends... Joanie B.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #4750 on: May 10, 2010, 02:59:29 pm »
Miss Joanie:  Its a long old road to Meeteetse, Wyoming and we don't have a population of good old boys like you do, but we have some beautiful mountains and things to see and do.   So I would really enjoy trying to make you feel at home like you do anyone that shows up at Twin Oaks.  Its snowing again today and that is great for the country as it will make the grass for this comming year.  A/Ho Pokie   PS  Eloise sends her welcome also!
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4751 on: May 11, 2010, 06:46:09 am »
The Country boil when great,I think everyone enjoyed it[Thanks Cracker] also we have some very nice looking women at the shoot,wonder how us red necks managed that,must have lied to
them. :) and some napping. :) of course.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4752 on: May 11, 2010, 06:50:49 am »
People from all over this great country, Some deep conversation,My son Beau drinking a Yankee
beer. ;) :) :) Mike showing off his Pappy hauls. and some more good looking women. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4753 on: May 11, 2010, 06:55:17 am »
Chad put on quite a show for us Friday night,Cowboy and his sweet daughter and some napping,had a lot of napping talent there and of course more women.  :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4754 on: May 11, 2010, 07:01:27 am »
More music,more napping and also some selfbow icons,I ask her how long she had been shooting a self bow and she said ,been so long I can't remember anymore,she started sometime in the early 50's Hope I can still do that when I get that age. :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good