Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4834748 times)

Offline BearG

Re: Life is good
« Reply #465 on: September 14, 2007, 05:22:41 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY  PAPPY :D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline RG

« Reply #466 on: September 15, 2007, 12:15:15 am »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPPY

KNOTHEAD

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #467 on: September 15, 2007, 10:21:04 pm »
What? another birthday? When is your's Pappy? cause mine ain't for a nother coupla days ;D. Happy birthday, and many more............
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #468 on: September 17, 2007, 06:05:28 am »
Cowboy mine was Sunday.9/17/52.Had a great weekend,worked on my bow a little ,got it out to 22 in. and it is coming along.Hope to finish it this week.Got 2 more stands up that is 14 in all so I guess I am ready for Sat. and the opening of deer season.Done some good cooking and some
shooting.Spent Friday evening picking the bow I plan to hunt with opening morning,Going with
my 57 in sinew backed Osage to start with and then the sisters.I have about 6 ready to go and
they all shoot about the same so I ready.Here are some pictures of the weekend.Life is good. ;D
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:23:50 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #469 on: September 17, 2007, 06:08:40 am »
The last 3 were 3 set ups ready to go.Some quivers I have to pick from and supper Friday night.Fried fish over the fire and taters.
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:24:32 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #470 on: September 17, 2007, 06:12:53 am »
Supper Friday night,Done a little squirrel hunting Sat. morning along wit a little deer scouting,
didn't seeany squirrel but killed a bunch of stumps.Supper started for Sat. night. :)
  Pappy

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:25:28 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #471 on: September 17, 2007, 06:23:38 am »
Bow on the tiller board,not looking to bad,and supper Sat. night.Venison roast,with veggies,Beans
and corn bread.I also heat treated the bow I was working on and turned up the tips.The last
shot is of it after the treatment,Also Sunday Mickey Lotzs came by and left his motorcycle trailer
for the week while he and his lovely wife took a ride on the Nathash trace.They will pick it up
this coming Sat.I told him he could leave it there so he made it.I told him he didn't owe me anything but he brought me a prime piece of Ohio Osage,some dried carp skins for backing a bow,
some elk sinew and some of his floppy rules.Also one of his Cain arrows with a stone point on it.
It is beautiful.It's going on the wall. :)
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:26:09 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #472 on: September 17, 2007, 06:26:26 am »
The bow is coming along,it is 40@22 and shooting for 50@27 1/2.so it is going to be close,still a few problems to deal with but I think it will work out,we will see. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #473 on: September 17, 2007, 02:19:06 pm »
I was fortunate enough to partake in some of Saturday evenings venison soup/stew. Of course, I only ate the veggies out of it! ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #474 on: September 18, 2007, 05:20:02 am »
I had some of the left overs last night for my birthday supper,it was still good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #475 on: September 18, 2007, 09:13:34 am »
All looks well. Makin me hungry, haven't had breadfast yet. Sounds like you had a nice bday Pap - mine was spent driving to Minneapolis (work) :P
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

DCM

« Reply #476 on: September 18, 2007, 09:34:46 am »
Mickey & Diane is good people.  We talked about trying to get together but he'll only come within 80 miles of us and I'm bizziern a cat covering poooop this time of year.  I 'spect now that he's been to Pappy's and had a look around and a meet and greet we'll be seeing ole Mickey and Diane agin in the Spring, long about first weekend in May.

Pappy you got it all going on.  Hope your hunting season is safe and successful.  Finally got some rain here and cool weather so hopefully some of my winter food plots, rye and greens mostly, will start making.  I got some late beans that ain't 2' tall to hunt over though, and surprisingly some acorns despite the late frost. 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #477 on: September 21, 2007, 05:48:59 am »
Friday finely here again and about 24 hours from now I will be going to the stand,can't wait
can't sleep,I love opening day.We have a lot planed for the weekend,It is the final leg of the Deer Classic,this is the part I like.The hunting part.Probably try and finish tillering the bow I have been working on in the middle of the day and I know there will be a lot of good cooking going on
so should have some good pictures the first of the week.I am off Monday so I get 3 day to chase them whitetails and Squirrels if they happen by.See yall Tuesday and hope yall have a good weekend. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #478 on: September 21, 2007, 08:22:17 am »

Yeah Pappy, I'm excited too! I didn't even sleep well last night, I'm sure tonight will be worse. Hopefully we'll be bringing our deer by between 9-10:00 Saturday morning! ;D

I think we should see some...hope they're in range...hope to make a good shot. ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #479 on: September 21, 2007, 08:51:30 am »
Sounds like a fun weekend, have a safe and successful hunt Pappy.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI