Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4725733 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Life is good
« Reply #4515 on: April 12, 2010, 01:07:43 pm »
Pappy....glad to hear that you got the shower going....or I'd be knocking at the cabin door at 5 every morning.... O:)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4516 on: April 12, 2010, 01:10:20 pm »
Ya they got a nice one set up this year,nice floor and tub easy to get to,I was thinking about you when I had them set it up. Need you fresh everyday. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #4517 on: April 12, 2010, 01:18:15 pm »
Pappy....You Da Man
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline BearG

« Reply #4518 on: April 12, 2010, 04:02:48 pm »
Tee Minus 12 days and counting for me.  Got the stopper here at work solved earlier today so I'll be there early Sat 4/24
Can't hardly wait
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #4519 on: April 12, 2010, 06:40:44 pm »
That was a good size tree there Pappy, don't you hate when they get hung up?
I can't believe it's only about 2 weeks til we leave for Tenn. I've been thinking about it daily, the people, the food, all the stuff I need to buy, shooting, only problem is I know it'll go so fast that I'll be thinking about memories again, like I have for the past year.
Ya'll get ready cause the Yoopers are comin !!!
VB

Offline Otis

« Reply #4520 on: April 12, 2010, 08:31:20 pm »
GregB the knife worked great. Only two weeks from Wednesday and I'll be back again! :) :)  I'm counting them down. You guys made alot of progress this past weekend. Congrats. It will be the biggest and bestest yet. See ya'll in a couple of weeks.
                                                                                                     David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4521 on: April 13, 2010, 06:51:09 am »
Ya it is closing in fast,had a vistor yesterday,Mike[tractor ] and his buddy was headed through
on there way to Louisville from Colorado and stopped by for a few hours,great guys.I love meeting
guys from PA,they are always the greatest. You never really know meeting people on the internet what you might get, but with the folks I have meet here I have never been disappointed. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4522 on: April 14, 2010, 08:56:53 am »
Got the new scale and rope for the new tiller station yesterday and a bunch of scrapers ready,I also got all my feathers ready and 6 of the 33 arrows fletched,so I am on my way.I hope to be ready to tie the nock and feather ends this weekend. If I can get that out of the way we should be able to put the final touches on the shop and be ready for the Classic. Seems every year you don't know how much has to be done till it gets close. Then we all have to pick up the pace. We want it to be nice and neat at least to start with,cause after a couple of days with 30 or 40 in the shop it is a
mess. Now if I can get Jesse to work over the napping pit we will be looking good,I told him if they break as much rock this year as they did last you won't be able to stand in that area. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline StevenT

« Reply #4523 on: April 14, 2010, 10:41:30 am »
Pappy, don't make Jesse clean out the pit too much!  I am sure I and a few others will be glad to clean out the pit when we get there. Heck, I bought an extra bucket just for that purpose. Some of those flakes he has been knocking off of those monster points will make some fine bird points.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4524 on: April 14, 2010, 11:12:48 am »
Ya the knapping pit needs to be clean, heck last year the bench was half buried :o If nothing else we can get a shovel crew going thursday :)
Wouldn't take long with a few eager helpers, heck we can dump it somewhere folks can easily pick through it for usable flakes. See ya in 2 weeks eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline StevenT

« Reply #4525 on: April 14, 2010, 11:23:51 am »
I plan on arriving Wed night. I would be more than glad to help clean it out Thursday. OK, I'll admit it... I want some of the flakes. But I'd help anyway.

Offline sodbuster

« Reply #4526 on: April 14, 2010, 11:26:52 am »
Do you have a shower guard or can my ol' lady sneek in there so I can check her for ticks?  LOL  >:D

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #4527 on: April 14, 2010, 01:59:51 pm »
In the spirit of goodfellowship, I volunteer to check all the women for ticks. Whaaaat !!!! you guys don't think I'd enjoy it do ya?
If the ticks are as bad there as they are here in Michigan already this year it's gonna be bad. They're out in 40 and 50 degree weather here.
VB

Offline BearG

« Reply #4528 on: April 14, 2010, 02:04:27 pm »
Tee Minus 9 days  ;D ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #4529 on: April 14, 2010, 02:19:50 pm »
14 days for me... :(
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln