Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711421 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #4305 on: March 01, 2010, 01:56:08 pm »
Always a good time with these boys,Ya David it's about time for you come visit another weekend. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #4306 on: March 01, 2010, 09:37:09 pm »
tee minus 18 days ;D ;D ;D ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4307 on: March 02, 2010, 06:47:49 am »
Can't wait Bear,we will have a big time I am sure. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keenan

« Reply #4308 on: March 04, 2010, 01:23:21 pm »
 You guys sure have a good thing going down there. We are trying to get something similar going up here but finding the right place and getting it set up will take time.

Greg, good to see you working on the knives and joining all the fun again. Hang in there bud, you are in our thoughts and prayers daily.

Offline Jeremiah

« Reply #4309 on: March 04, 2010, 10:00:43 pm »
Hey yall- lookin forward to gettin up there Saturday and puttin the finishing touches on my bow. Speakin of which, anyone got any ideas on a name for it??
-jeremiah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4310 on: March 05, 2010, 06:24:49 am »
 Jeremiah You will come up with something  :) I am headed up today as soon as I get off,it will be a short weekend for me,Miss Joanie and I have and uncle turning 80 and we are going to a birthday party Sat. night so I will have to leave about 2 Sat. Still working on my yew so I guess that about all I plan on working on this weekend. Lots of clean up for the Classic still needs to be done so I guess I will get on some of that also. It is amazing how big a mess we make around there over the winter.
Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #4311 on: March 05, 2010, 08:43:18 am »
Thanks Keenan, I appreciate it! It is good to spend time with friends!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4312 on: March 08, 2010, 06:50:50 am »
Had a good weekend,short but good.Spent Friday evening by myself till about dark then Woody showed up.Got a few things done.Got my Yew bow shot in,all seems to be holding good on it so now it's time to finish it up.Grip sealer and so on.I also split out a couple of snaky staves and debarked another. I had a short snaky stave I have had for several years and decided to make a little bow to give to some kid at the Classic.Got it tillered out to 20@16 right and think I will go for 20@20
that should fit someone in the 5 to 8 year range. Doug and Big A showed up Sat.Doug got the nocks cut in his bow and got it close to ready to brace.Jeremiah came down late and got the nocks
filed in his tip and a coat of sealer on his skins.That bow is looking good. I had a 80th birthday party to go to Sat. night so had a good time seeing some of my old family members.Hope yall had a good one also. :) :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4313 on: March 08, 2010, 06:56:14 am »
Thats what I listen to when I am by myself,good stuff. :) :) My yew bow at brace after shooting in,I think it is going to be a great bow.I was going to make a bow with the hole in the limb but decided to split and make 2 snake bows.One is for a special friend coming to the Classic,maybe the pair.  ;) :)
Also the last shot is the little snake bow,42 inches t-t   10 year old Osage.  :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4314 on: March 08, 2010, 07:01:17 am »
Woody and me doing a little shooting Friday evening late,then supper,Kraut and brats. Then Sat. morning we got out early[beautiful morning] and done some stump shooting,man it was good to get out and roam around in the woods.  :) :) Hadn't done that in a while,it was great.  :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4315 on: March 08, 2010, 07:15:52 am »
For those of yall that haven't meet Woody,he is a hoot,this was in the woods stump shooting ,he hollered and when I turned around he was hollering with the arrow stuck under his arm,DON'T HURT MY MULES, ;) :) :) A famous line from Dancing with wolfs, ;D ;D he is always coming up with something to keep me laughing. Also Doug working on his nocks and Jeremiah's nocks finished,just need sanding and sealing. Well thats about it for the weekend.Can't wait till Friday. Life is good. :) :)
    Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4316 on: March 08, 2010, 07:18:49 am »
Almost forgot,got our new hats in,I like them a lot, I need to get a couple before thay are gone. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #4317 on: March 08, 2010, 11:18:53 am »
MMMmm looks like i missed some good eats.
 Hey pappy save me a hard wood camo hat plz.  ;)
Mililani Hawaii

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4318 on: March 08, 2010, 11:57:27 am »

Good looking bows, and some fine eats.  I do love saur kraut and sausage.  My favorite sausage is Hillshire Farms.  I have tried all the others, and Hillshire still comes out the best.  A Friend of mine had a meat market, and different sales men would try to get him to sell their products, and when the customers, tried a taste comparison, they always chose the Hillshire Farms sausage.  Anyway, sounds like you guys had a great time.

Wayne

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4319 on: March 08, 2010, 12:14:06 pm »
Done Jesse, ;) :) Ya they were good for a change,don't know the brand but they tasted great
and the kraut was sweet,just like I like it.may have to get Woody to do a little more cooking. :)
I don't know how to cook anything but meat and taters. :) ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good