Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711349 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #4245 on: February 22, 2010, 06:27:50 am »
Had a great weekend,started off Friday at the WTF and it was fun,lots to see.We meet some people and hopefully made some contacts for PA. Then headed to the cabin for a good supper and some time to just hang out and relax.Sat. we had a meeting and then got on making a new range,
done some cleaning up around the shop and managed to get a little bow work done.Also got Kennans poles cut,hope they will work.Here are some pictures of the fun. :) :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4246 on: February 22, 2010, 06:31:20 am »
Deer steak and gravy and just some fun hanging out and shooting the bull. :) Between Woody and Beau they made up for Jesse and Shanon. ;) ;D ;D Cleaned the pan. :) Also the kinfe in the picture with Woody is one Shanon left for him last week,it blew him away,he loved it. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4247 on: February 22, 2010, 06:36:03 am »
Got my Bull snake skin in,that was one big snake,also GregB laying out some starves,getting ready for the Classic. Beau trying out his new cap. ;) ;D ;D
    Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4248 on: February 22, 2010, 06:59:09 am »
This is how we make a new range,guys with saws in front,then a truck and finely I follow
behind with a 7 foot bushhog. Doug and BigA working Doug's Osage bow down to floor tiller,they got that done and on the form. Stave's ready for the Classic.I think Greg got about 8 or 10 roughed in. Terry working on his chain saw,that kind of work is hard on saws.I think he had to sharpen 3 saws at least 2 times.Everybody busy,I love it. It amazes me to see what all can get done in a day when you get a bunch of guy busy. :) :)
     Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4249 on: February 22, 2010, 07:04:01 am »
Pete [fencepost] working on his Osage bow,looking good so far,BigA just taking a break,he worked with Doug and Pete to keep them on the right track on there bows,it's there first.Also we cut the poles for Keenan,hope they will work for him,if not we will cut more when he gets there.Had a little mishap on the way out with the poles,nobody hurt ,turned out funny. :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4250 on: February 22, 2010, 07:09:22 am »
Keenan's poles,Finely got a finish on Joe/Hawk's bow that I like,turned out slick.Also got my rat mounted on a board so I can hang it in the cabin. :)Also finishing the skins on my Yew bow,finely almost done with it.I like they way they turned out.Hope yall had a good one also.Wished you could have been there. :) Life is good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #4251 on: February 22, 2010, 08:40:45 am »
Hey Pappy looks like you guys been hard at it. Good to see everything is going well. Life is really good Ron.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Timo

« Reply #4252 on: February 22, 2010, 08:52:41 am »
Been there and done that with the tool boxes Pappy. ;D ;D

Bull snake bow looks good!

Looking forward to the classic. ;)

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #4253 on: February 22, 2010, 10:22:55 am »
Looked like another great working, eating, fun weekend!  Pappy, your pictures start my week off counting the days until the classic. Sure do appreciate the work you have done on the two broken bows.  Hope to make meat with it.  Hawk and his family were by yesterday and there is some discussion about who gets it first.  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4254 on: February 22, 2010, 10:32:22 am »
Ya Joe I am glad you talked me in to keeping it till the Classic,That gave me a chance to refinish it,I didn't like the first finish I put on it so I took it all off and started over,I am pretty happy with it now,I had never finished Epa or ever how it is spelled, ;) :)It is real oily and don't take finish like most wood I have worked with.I cleaned it good and kept my hands off it before I started this time and it dose a lot better,a couple more coats and it should be done. :) Can't wait to meet you in person Tim,I know you will fit right in. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keenan

« Reply #4255 on: February 22, 2010, 10:47:56 am »
Wow Pappy you guys are great! ;D The poles look perfect, we are getting very excited about coming down there and meeting everyone.  That yew bow looks great with the bull snake. Can't wait to see her finished up.  looks like you all had a very productive weekend. Good to see Greg working on them bows again. Were you able to keep Marie in line and away from the "wild turkey"  at the WTF ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4256 on: February 22, 2010, 10:54:02 am »
Ya she behaved herself,had to keep a close eye on her tho. ;) :) She did learn how to use a
slate call,just a natural I guess. :) Glad the poles look OK,I was afraid they may be to big. :) We will mark off a spot close to the rest of the PA folks,How are you going to get it there ?are you going to ship it ? :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keenan

« Reply #4257 on: February 22, 2010, 05:22:03 pm »
Yes pappy we are sending the tipi, bows/arrows  and few basics to Luly's sister house in Borea Kentucky. We are staying there for a few days before driving over to your neck of the woods. So figured it might help not to add any more to your plate. ::)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4258 on: February 22, 2010, 05:33:50 pm »
  Look's like a great weekend. That Bull snake skin look's good on that bow. I wish I had something to work on in this hotel. I'm surrounded by Ipe and it is all protected. I'm counting the days down till I can get up there.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #4259 on: February 22, 2010, 07:58:47 pm »
Keenan, you are headed to bow builders heaven over at Twin Oaks! I dont know if your going to want to go home after you see Pappys place!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill