Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4720702 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: Life is good
« Reply #4005 on: January 07, 2010, 02:54:16 pm »
Fine looking quiver!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4006 on: January 08, 2010, 05:55:28 am »
Thanks,good to see ya posting again. It's Friday and it is cold,12 and winds out of NW at 15-20
It's going to be a cold one at the cabin this weekend.I will need a big fire. ;) :) It is also the last weekend for deer hunting.I was laying out some cloth I haven't used in 10 years.I plan on hunting
in the morning if for no other reason to see if I can still take it. :) Who knows might even get one more shot.Other than that not much else going on.I plan on finishing my brain tanned hide and maybe smoke it once more.Good day for that,you can stay close to the fire.I want to finish my yew bow but have heard so much bad stuff on Yew and cold I think I will wait till it warms up.Dave I got the stands yesterday,all 10. Thanks I will get Greg his 4 when he shows up.Like I said you didn't have to do that but I sure appreciate it and will use them I assure you. Hope yall have a good one.Stay warm.Life is good. :) :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #4007 on: January 08, 2010, 11:12:11 am »
Me and Abby will be out there Sometime in the Am on Saturday. I think she is wanting to play ion the snow, it dose not snow were she is from.
 I might bring a hide out to smoke too. Were really going to need to find some more good punk wood thats dry allot of the stuff got wet a week or so ago and froze and has not had a chance to dry out yet.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4008 on: January 08, 2010, 11:45:30 am »
I know where there is some at but I know it will be froze solid in the morning.I plan on hunting Sat.
morning so I will be out around 10.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #4009 on: January 08, 2010, 12:30:51 pm »
It's the same up here too, Pappy. Cold and snowy, got about 4". Did you get any snow, by the looks of the radar,you did. Well tomorrow starts smoke pole season for four days. I'm going out, hope to put one down, or at least see one. It's been getting pretty scarce where I'm hunting, been for a while, used to be I see some every time I went out.  Still plan on coming down soon. Got to get with BearG and see what weekend would be good for us and you. Steve might come too. Talk to you soon.     Brother Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4010 on: January 11, 2010, 06:24:33 am »
Had a great weekend,cold ,snowy but good. Hunted some ,no deer but cool to get to hunt in the snow,we don't get to do that much here.Woody,Jesse and myself spent the weekend working on hides,got 2 finished and 3 racked up.I think we have 6 more left.The brain tanning is a lot of work but well worth it when you get that fine piece of finished leather.Here are some pictures of the weekend.Hope yall had a good one also. I also opened the gifts Dave sent me,some mighty fine
tree stands,I told him he didn't need to do that but he insisted,Thanks Dave. :) My girls also had a great time in the snow,they rolled around in it all weekend like it was 80 degrees. :) The last picture was my hide as I stretched it and finished drying it,before the last smoking. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4011 on: January 11, 2010, 06:30:19 am »
Supper, nothing like a good night fire when it is cold. :) Making some lacing with a new tool Woody brought,makes some great lacing out of scrap pieces you can't do much else with. Also me testing a hat of Woody's,it is very warm,may have to have one of them,and I look so good in it to boot. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4012 on: January 11, 2010, 06:35:06 am »
Some shots from my tree stand Sat. morning,also the creek  froze,it's cold in TN. when a running creek freezes.Prepairing supper,deer loin stew and Jesse around out other camp fire. ;) :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4013 on: January 11, 2010, 06:43:09 am »
Us out gathering some punk wood,you have to find just the right standing stump.We also cut some more cedar and built another rack,we have 3 now.Woody doing a little warm up and then on to the hide smoking. :)
     Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4014 on: January 11, 2010, 06:46:15 am »
Racking up a couple more hides. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4015 on: January 11, 2010, 06:56:41 am »
Hides racked up,and some finshed product.Mine had some holes but still turned out pretty nice.Woody's was one Jesse had that was very clean as far as holes and turned out really
nice also.All in all it is a lot of work but very rewarding when you are finished,we plan on doing about 10 this year and I am sure I will never throw another hide away,even if you don't want to tan
it you can make some very nice rawhide with a lot less work. A weekend with good friends even out in the cold all day I really didn't pay much attention to it,I can't understand people that don't get out and enjoy the outdoors,make you feel alive. :)    Life is Good. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4016 on: January 11, 2010, 09:01:40 am »
Love the hat Pappy, them are Mad Bombers and yup their nice and warm, and ya yer quite dashing in it ;) :D

"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cracker

« Reply #4017 on: January 11, 2010, 09:16:58 am »
Hey Pappy all you need is a glazed look in your eyes and you could pass for one of them yooper critters we've heard so much about. Life is goos. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #4018 on: January 11, 2010, 09:38:51 am »
That hide tanning is cool stuff, sorry I missed out on it. Looks like yall are quick becoming experts at it, so I shouldn't lack for some teachers at some point. ;)  They turned out really good looks like!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4019 on: January 11, 2010, 10:15:42 am »
Ya Greg you missed another good weekend,missed you.By the way 4 of them stands are yours from Dave.I will give them to you when you show back up. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good