Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4717927 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3990 on: January 04, 2010, 09:01:32 am »
Wow! Looks like I've been missing out for sure.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #3991 on: January 04, 2010, 09:54:24 am »
yea, we had a good un.  Wish you were there Greg.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #3992 on: January 04, 2010, 11:34:00 am »
You boys had some cool weather to be working those hides.... :o Looks like you had a good time, though!
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline BearG

« Reply #3993 on: January 04, 2010, 05:15:48 pm »
Man as always it looks like ya had a hoot
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline cracker

« Reply #3994 on: January 04, 2010, 09:42:47 pm »
Well it looks like all is good in TN. Must be time to put the out the lights in GA. and head north.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3995 on: January 04, 2010, 11:58:10 pm »
 I know I'm ready to head up there. Man you guy's are lucky. It looks like I'm heading for Texas for a week and then Brazil for a month. Hope I get back for turkey season.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline leapingbare

« Reply #3996 on: January 05, 2010, 12:05:08 am »
Hey Pappy i got a 1200ft roll of 550 cord from work.. were set :)
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3997 on: January 05, 2010, 06:06:52 am »
Come on up Cracker and Mullet,I hope so to,if not me or Jesse can show Tim around. :) ;)
Jesse I just ordered a 1000 ft.roll from Cabala's last night and Woody got some hook
needles also. :) Now all we need is a good scraper. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #3998 on: January 05, 2010, 07:29:48 am »
Looks like you had a great week Pappy!  Your yew bow is looking good and so is Art's bow.  Our season ended Sunday here. I got a few more times but, didn't get any shots. All in all a good season, can't wait for turkey chasing now. We start shooting at the club this week, so the will give me something to do. Can't wait to get down there again.
                                                                            David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3999 on: January 06, 2010, 06:14:40 am »
Sorry you didn't get a shot with that new bow,maybe Turkey season. We have one more weekend
here,but it is supposed to be in the singal digits at night and teens during the day so If I go it won't be for long.I killed a 92lb doe yesterday in the back yard so I got plenty of meat,hides,sinew to work with , I may just relax at the cabin. ;) :) :) I am still sore from all that hide tanning last week.
Man that is some work when you ant use to it. ;D Jesse about killed this old man. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

« Reply #4000 on: January 06, 2010, 09:36:49 am »
Yea i don't think we can do any new hides, its to cold to rack those big doe they will freeze before we get them stretched out. only thing we could do is finish braking yours and maybe smoke yours and woodys hides for color.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4001 on: January 06, 2010, 09:50:24 am »
Thats what I was thinking,not supposed to get out of the teens Sat. :) I am working on another scraper today at work wit a good blade,if I can get the angle right I think it will work also.I printed a picture of the one we bought and am trying to copy the size and angle of it. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #4002 on: January 07, 2010, 12:52:44 am »
Hey Pappy my boy comes home from Iraq this weekend for good.  I was thinking I might bring him by for who ever is there to meet.  He will be in sometime Friday or Saturday and I pick him up in Nashville.  Figured we might stop by and say hello.  Got any wood on the fire?

John
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4003 on: January 07, 2010, 05:40:26 am »
That is great John,glad to hear he is home safe and sound.Ya I will have some wood on the fire. ;) :)
I got my deer skinned and scraped yesterday,another hide,more meat and sinew.I think I have enough to last till next season now. :)I shot this doe in the garden in my back yard,first one with a gun in years,been a tough season, a man has to eat. :)I think I have 16 legs to work up this weekend so with the ones I have already done I should have enough sinew for all the bow projects me and the guys want to tackle. :) i Also got home to a good suprise,A new quiver made by Jeff Utley for the Christmas trade,I love it,he also sent some hunting soap he makes,maybe that has been my problem this year,I will try it out Sat. ;) :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #4004 on: January 07, 2010, 08:14:13 am »
Pappy, great looking quiver and deer. I have some sinew and brain for you also. I'll bring it when I come down next time.  Let me know when the packages show up so we'll know if any are missing. I'm home today playing nurse, Debbie and Katelyn have the flu. Hope I don't get it. And, we're suppose to get up to 6 inches of snow today. This is  just like last year as it waits til after deer season to snow good. So, looks like I'll be shoveling later. We have our first shoot at the club Saturday, suppose to be 0 in the morning with a high of 12. Should be fun.
                                                                                David