Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4721278 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3255 on: June 08, 2009, 10:49:50 pm »
Hey, I like your new ride there Pappy! Does that come with a refrigerated trailor ;D?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #3256 on: June 09, 2009, 03:25:36 pm »
Mark, that Hummer was great!!! And I know it got rave reviews from everyone at Howard Hill. I wish I could have gone, we had plans to go, but just didn't want to by myself this year, maybe next yr Good Lord wiling. I found Jon's arrow!!! That's where I'd put it too!!!! Apparently ya'll can't do what he can !!!!! I haven't forgot about coming over one weekend with Taylor to work on bows. But I knew you were covered up for awhile, me too. Maybe towards the end of August we can. I got Joanie's card, I love her too!!!!! And glad you liked my bb&g jam.
I won several sets of kids arras on St Jude's auction so anxious to get them!!!    peace,   Mrs. Cheapshot (Tomi)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3257 on: June 10, 2009, 06:16:52 am »
Good to hear from you Tomi,I looked for yall down there but it was crowded and we made a quick trip,went early and got home late,all in one day so we weren't killing any time.I am going to Cloverdale this weekend and then I will be around for a month or 2. Need to be home this weekend ,got a lot to catch up on. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3258 on: June 12, 2009, 05:46:13 am »
FRIDAY  :) ;D ;D I am headed up to Cloverdale IN. to a shoot as soon as I can get out of here.I
usually go up on Wed. Morning but sad to say Work got in the way this year >:(.King Ron,GregB ,BigA and several others from the TwinOaks bunch are already there.Also BearG,Bro.Dan and Steve are there also. They called last night,I think to make me feel bad cause I wasn't there
yet. :( There will be a lot of shooting and some good chow I am sure and will get to see some more good friends that I only see once a year.It should be fun.Gary Davis and I am pretty sure Yazoo said he was going to be there also. I will miss the Cabin and work shop,[always love to be there] but a man has to venture out once in a while and see the world outside my little box :).Hope yall have a good one also .See ya Monday.If any of yall make it up to the shoot be sure and look me up.We will be right by the pond. Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3259 on: June 15, 2009, 05:38:29 am »
Had a great time in Cloverdale,seen a lot of old friends and meet some new ones.I finely got to meet Dano for the first time,he is a hoot. :) I didn't shoot very well but I usually don't up there anyway.We had some great picking,eating and fellowship and that is the main thing.Hope yall had a good one also .Here are some pictures of the weekend.Hope you enjoy.Life is good. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3260 on: June 15, 2009, 05:42:37 am »
Chris's big carp,he didn't get that in Cloverdale but a week ago on the river.Nice bow backing.
The others are some of our buddies. :) and of course Tri pod. ;) ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3261 on: June 15, 2009, 05:46:43 am »
Lots of kids there,having fun with there bows.Gary demoing making string with Yucca.  :)
     Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3262 on: June 15, 2009, 05:50:31 am »
Lots of selfbows there,more than I normally see. Me and Dano hit it off just like I figured we would,he even drinks Coors light. ;) ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3263 on: June 15, 2009, 05:53:34 am »
More old friends and some new ones.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3264 on: June 15, 2009, 05:57:43 am »
Frog legs for supper along with a lot of other good things.They were the appetizer's.Then a little picking and grinning around the camp fire. :) :) By the way the second picture is the new owner/editor for Bowyers journal.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3265 on: June 15, 2009, 06:04:29 am »
Then there was even a little time to shoot. ;) ;D  BigA with the bow he won from PA,James Parker bow,man that thing will sling um. Hope yall had a good one. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Timo

« Reply #3266 on: June 15, 2009, 08:38:40 am »
Never knew Dano to drink nuthin but his lemonade mixture?  Retirement has turned him a defferent way I think?

Looks like a good time as always.....How was the meat fest?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3267 on: June 15, 2009, 09:06:05 am »
I heard it went well,that was over in Mickeys camp,we had our own and I can tell you it was good.
Dano hung out with us a lot ,we may have been a bad influence on him.  ;) ;D or the other way around. ;) I don't think Mickey showed up,some kind of trouble at home I think. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #3268 on: June 15, 2009, 10:58:11 am »
Mark I believe we where the bad influence on Dano.  Me and Kelly walked him back to his camp Sat. nite (make that Sunday morning) But your right he is a hoot.
BearG.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #3269 on: June 15, 2009, 09:51:22 pm »
Good LORD! Ya'all have some nice weekend back east. I will post soon some of the things I did this weekend. Good to see everyone is in good health and having fun!

Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill