Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4715512 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3225 on: June 01, 2009, 08:05:04 am »
Sure was a fun weekend! I'm looking forward to our getting those snakey bows finished, will be the most snake of any bow I've made so far. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3226 on: June 01, 2009, 08:49:53 am »
It looks like a giant bee hive around there with all the activity. I had a good weekend also but was mighty serene - just me, rocks and the birds :). You look awfull intense on that layout Greg, like you had to scold that stave into behaving ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #3227 on: June 01, 2009, 09:04:05 am »
Thanks for the pictures!  Now that I have been there, they remind me of the good time I had at the Classic.  Am very proud of the bow you fellows gave to me! ;D ;D ;D  Have been busy also!  Took a long very tough mule ride in the mountains behind the house, went carp shooting again with Mike and Josiah Huston (we got 80  ;D), and went trolling for some trout, and did some honey do yard chores  O:)!  Life is good and some day you fellows will have to come see our version of it!!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Bear

« Reply #3228 on: June 01, 2009, 10:43:50 am »
Looks like a great time. Checking this thread is one of the best things about Monday morning.
Just remember, you can't put the wood back on.

East Tennessee

Offline Little John

« Reply #3229 on: June 01, 2009, 11:37:30 am »
Pappy, sorry to have mised you but realize how hectic schedules can be.  I did not know you were coming to the S.W.  but hope you enjoyed our area.     Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3230 on: June 01, 2009, 11:51:32 am »
Sorry to have missed yall also[you and Joe] but Beau had a plan for Miss Joanie to see all she could see,she may never be back,it took 30 years to get her away from home this time.I loved the country,wild and desolate,A lot different than I am use to.Glad you enjoy it Bear. I know I enjoy doing it and feel lucky to be able to as much as I do. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Little John

« Reply #3231 on: June 01, 2009, 12:11:57 pm »
Yep I know what you mean Pappy, the wildness and wide Openness ie what I fell in love with so long ago. You really do have an awsome place of your oun also (little piece of heaven) and get to enjoy archery and friendship to its fullest. Oh and by the way nice set of character bows you guys have started.  Oh and I will coin a phrase from Ryan, Osage really is better. 
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3232 on: June 01, 2009, 01:45:37 pm »
I guess I did look a little intense there Cowboy. We put it on the form and got the propellor out of it and brought one limb tip down to allow the string to cross the handle. Turned out looking really good! These bows will be great if they all turn out well with two of my best friends and I sharing bows from the same split log of osage. The older you get, the more something like that tends to mean to you I've found.

Joe, I'm glad you're enjoying the bow and know you'll put it to good use. We're going to make another one for Jan, the guy who we had originally made the bow for...he needs a little less draw weight.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline BearG

« Reply #3233 on: June 01, 2009, 03:21:51 pm »
Cant wait until July. So Life can be good.  see ya in Cloverdale!!!
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3234 on: June 03, 2009, 05:31:01 am »
I will be there Friday Bear,save me a cold one. :) Coming light this year. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3235 on: June 03, 2009, 08:31:58 pm »
 Pappy, good looking arrows. Is that the Tonkin? Looks like me and Kathie will be camping next year. We bought a camper Monday and pick it up tomorrow. I'll post a picture when I get it. The Classic is the biggest reason we got it. I didn't want to miss anything staying at the Motel.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Otis

« Reply #3236 on: June 03, 2009, 09:21:05 pm »
Mullet you just don't want to sleep on the kitchen floor again do you?
                                           David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3237 on: June 04, 2009, 05:20:03 am »
Cool,We don't want to miss anything.Yes they are and some sweet arrows.They have plastic nocks but other than that they are prefect.Dave I will see you next Friday. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3238 on: June 04, 2009, 09:12:44 pm »
  David, actually, with all the snoring going on the kitchen floor wasn't so bad. ;D Untill Jesse' dad stepped on me. :D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #3239 on: June 04, 2009, 11:06:48 pm »

Dang Eddie don't you just hate that?  ;)   Were you a door stop, or kitchen guard? ;D

Wayne