Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711048 times)

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3210 on: May 26, 2009, 09:53:28 am »
Those are some great pictures Pappy. Hope you caught up on your sleep before you had to go back to work. You looked plum worn out sunday when you guys where leaving.... :) I'm glad you guys made the trip up, it wouldnt be the same with out y'all there.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #3211 on: May 26, 2009, 10:09:19 am »
Here's a link to our site for some more pictures from our shoot.

http://www.pifieldarchers.com/Photos09TradShoot.html
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline BearG

« Reply #3212 on: May 26, 2009, 02:20:43 pm »
Mark it looks like you and Miss Jonie had a lot of fun.
Great pics.
Also looks like you guyes had a hoot at Ryan's shoot.  If I didn't have so much to do with the wife over the weekend I'd packed up and came up when you guyes called on Friday nite.  I,m going to plan on it next year.
Bear G.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #3213 on: May 26, 2009, 05:51:53 pm »
WOW! You and Ms. Joanie look like you had one heck of a trip. Some day I would love to get to the southwest to see those Anasazi ruins. Looks like you had a lot of fun too!

“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3214 on: May 26, 2009, 11:37:17 pm »
For a boy from the South East US, out West is an awesome sight. What a great trip you and Joanie had. You were in Kenneth's(Little John) neighborhood down near the Four Corners. You can see Mesa Verde from his back yard.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3215 on: May 27, 2009, 05:27:38 am »
I thought about him while I was there ,I wanted to call him and also Joe but we were on the run the whole week,Joanie and I want to take another trip with a little less hurry and see ,Kenneth,Joe,
and Teddy,we were close to all of them.I needed 2 weeks. ;) :) :) BearG you need to plan that next year,it was a lot of fun.Next year will be better for me,I won't be so worn out. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline John K

« Reply #3216 on: May 27, 2009, 06:09:55 pm »
Thanks for sharing you'r trip Pappy ! It brings back some great memorys for trips past !!
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3217 on: May 29, 2009, 05:41:36 am »
Well it's Friday and thank goodness I have no driving to do,other than about 4 miles from
the house to the cabin,don't have any big plans,just relax a little.JohnT is coming down and I think we are going to sinew a little Hickory bow he has been working on.I also need to mow some grass.I
have started on the cain arrows Mrs.DKinght gave me at the classic.[Beautiful by the way] and want
to get them shooting this weekend.I am headed to the HH classic next weekend and need some good arrows to take.I am sure there will be others around so no telling what we might get into.Some shooting and good food I am sure.Hope yall have a good one also.See ya Monday.Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #3218 on: May 30, 2009, 04:41:25 pm »
Great picture show Pappy.Thank you !  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3219 on: May 30, 2009, 09:27:15 pm »
Wow! Look at all the pics and a bunch of familiar faces. Just eyeballing around, wouldn't want ya'll to get too far into the good life without me ;D. Glad you made Mesa Verde one of your stops. I was standing in front of that very display with the young daughter and told her I made a point just like that last year - got some funny looks from the other tourist's within earshot :D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3220 on: June 01, 2009, 05:48:50 am »
It was great to be back at the cabin this weekend,I had a great time on our trip ,but nothing like being home.Keith has been sick so I had a lot of mowing to do Friday evening and Sat. but I got it all looking good again.GregB ,Jesse,King Ron,BigA,JohnT and Jon were all there over the weekend so we had a good time,Got my arrows cut and heads on,now just need to shoot them and see how they fly,it was a great bunch of cain,all spined the same or close and weighted with in 20 grains
so they all should fly.GregB helped Doug work on his bow,it's his first and he is really taking to it.Also
got 3 snake bow roughed out,Greg,BigA and me are going to make a set of 3 all out of the same stave and all with the same snake,should be cool if we can get them finished. Here are some pictures of the weekend.Hope you enjoy. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3221 on: June 01, 2009, 05:52:26 am »
Doug getting some instructions on laying out a bow,BigA trying to figure out our new spine tester,it's nice now that we figured it out. ;) ;D  JohnT doing a little napping.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3222 on: June 01, 2009, 05:56:42 am »
Sorry John wasn't napping ,he was pounding sinew,for his Hickory bow,got that done also ,it's in the hot bow now for a couple of weeks,I made him leave it there,he is to inpatient to take it home,he would have been shooting it today. ;) ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3223 on: June 01, 2009, 06:03:15 am »
Caught Jesse with one of John's recurves,he dose shoot It good.The 3 stave's for Greg,BigA and
me.Now to get time to finish them.We already have big plans on taking a deer a piece with them. ;D ;D yall all know how them kind of plan go. :) We also got a little time to shoot,that was
fun ,don't do that as much as we use to.I think Jesse shot the practice rand 3 or 4 times Sat.
And a little napping,JohnT,Jesse,and Jon. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3224 on: June 01, 2009, 06:05:58 am »
And my arrows,didn't think I was going to get um done ,6 with field points and 6 with 160 ace heads.Hope yall had a good one also. Life is good. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good