Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711273 times)

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3120 on: May 05, 2009, 12:11:26 pm »
Pappy me and my wife had a great time and it was our pleasure meeting you and everybody there.. Thanks for having us and we look forward to seeing you soon..

David and Cora

P.S. Cora said if you get any Blood on them Arrows she would like a pic..

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3121 on: May 05, 2009, 12:13:00 pm »
A few knives and points that were turned out and friends as the arrived.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3122 on: May 05, 2009, 12:19:08 pm »
Thanks David and Cora ,I will do my best. ;) A few more early arrivers. The last is Mike with his
arrow slingshot. Pretty cool. :)
     Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3123 on: May 05, 2009, 12:23:26 pm »
A few more and David and Mullets Turkey,Eddie cleaned his so fast that is all I could get. ;)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3124 on: May 05, 2009, 12:25:13 pm »
Pappy.......it was my pleasure to spend nearly a week there in Nirvana with You and Your Troop....I can't say when I have had such a Down To Earth Experience as this turned out to be.....I seen more Rain in one Week than I see in two years....but there was no way that a High Humidity Rate was ever going to put a damper o the good times that were had here....I surely can't wait till next year to roll around! I gained so much experience there for free ...it was awesome....The only thing that I lost was my Twin Oaks Shirt....I set it down and it walked away.... ::) I guess it didn't want to go back to Texas either.... Give Miss Joanie a Kiss for me and maybe I can meet your Sweeter Half then
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3125 on: May 05, 2009, 12:28:27 pm »
More good friends.What a weekend,I will post more in the morning,now I need to get back to work.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keenan

« Reply #3126 on: May 05, 2009, 09:34:46 pm »
 Great pics. As they say  "a pictue is worth a thousand words"  All you have to do is look at a few and see all the smiles to know that it is memories to last a lifetime.

Offline cookwood

« Reply #3127 on: May 05, 2009, 10:01:50 pm »
Does anyone happen to have a PA name or contact info for Wade?  He is the guy in the blue shirt sitting next to the guy that was selling rock in the picture above?

Life just ain't the same back in a bed and back at work.

My students throughly enjoyed the slide show from my trip and there may be some converts coming up next year.

Jon

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3128 on: May 05, 2009, 10:57:17 pm »
 Cookwood, PM me.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3129 on: May 06, 2009, 06:30:05 am »
Speaking of Wade,we at TwinOaks owe him a big thanks,we had one of our members [Jerry] that
has been having some seizers,well he had one late in the week at Chris's camp,I didn't know what to do and really thought we were going to loose him right there,Wade and PatB came riding up and
Wade went into action,he knew just what to do and had Jerry up and about in just a little while.
Thanks Wade you are a fine man. :) Also some more pictures of the fun,little picking and grinning,looks like the girls had a good time also.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3130 on: May 06, 2009, 08:08:52 am »
Jon, I think Wade is "n2everything" on the board here...you could pm him.  :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #3131 on: May 06, 2009, 12:04:36 pm »
Lookin' like a fine time there again, I hope to make it down next year. Thanks for the pictures (Keep them coming)   Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3132 on: May 07, 2009, 01:55:41 am »
Pappy, after Wade jumped into action and took care on business with Jerry's seizure, I realized that I need to take a Red Cross life saving class and so should anyone that can. You never know when it may come in handy.
  I asked Wade about when he took it and I believe it was back in college and years later, his training came back to him. I was impressed. Like riding a bicycle.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

PhilipXVIII18

« Reply #3133 on: May 07, 2009, 02:08:28 am »
       Life is good so we could still like a tree who has the ability to stand with our own feet.

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #3134 on: May 07, 2009, 06:00:38 pm »
Man, I take my hat off to Wade, some people are just natural born heroes, it's hard not to be frozen with fear.
I'm pluggin along here at work, things are slow and I'd love to have it be last week where I was sittin around chipping rock and B.S.ing with all you guys. The classic made a pretty good impact on me. Yesterday I was outside and I smelled burning wood, I closed my eyes and imagined I was at twin oaks, sure was nice.
Even with the rain it was great. I enjoyed getting back to sleeping in my bed at home here but would jump on the next bus down there if I had more vacation time.
VB