Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711206 times)

Offline Bear

Re: Life is good
« Reply #3105 on: April 29, 2009, 10:45:56 am »
Thought I'd head over tonight, but it might be tomorrow morning after all. Busy week, and never easy to pull away from my Little Bear. :'( He's still just a little too little for the Classic.

See yall tomorrow morning.
Just remember, you can't put the wood back on.

East Tennessee

Offline Theo 3

• Crested Butte, CO
« Reply #3106 on: April 29, 2009, 12:40:51 pm »
Hi Everyone, I can just feel the exitement buiuding for the Classic right over the computer...it's killin' me knowing we won't be there! I just read Marie Ingold's article about last year's Classic again ( in the Feb/Mar 09 PA) just to rub it in. Then I went to the garage and chased the ring on the osage stave for two days and "got 'er done". Pappy, you would be proud. I even figured out the draw knife and used it most of the time. Now I need to come to the Classic ,for sure, because now I need to lay out the bow. Would it be done similar to the Hickory bow? I see a band saw in our future... I know this isn't a turkey hunting web site, but Pappy, Isaac shot his bird at Lake Dorothey last Sat. and with my usual guiding expertise, we set up facing the wrong way allowing the birds to come in above and to the left, which left Mr. I with a very diffucult shot! Sunday, Isaac slept in and Sam had his chance. How can someone have a gobbler come in to 10 yards and gobble in their face only to let it duck and run without firing a shot? Sam and I have had several lively, but friendly "discussions" about this phenomenon and for Jerry's sake I will have Sam write 5 pages (front and back) saying " I will move my gun into the appropriate spot BEFORE the gobbler gets there". We will be thinking of you'uns (that's East TN for y'all) this weekend. Have a great time! Life is Good !! ;D
Hunting cleanses the soul and rejuvenates the mind...

Offline Keenan

« Reply #3107 on: May 01, 2009, 11:00:08 am »
  Just saying hello to all you lucky dogs that are down in "Pappy Land".  Don't keep it all to yourself. Give us an update when you can.  Ofcoarse I know that about half of you are probably crashed out right now but there has to be at least one upstanding sole there that is coherent  and awake enough to get some good pics and share with the rest of us. ;D ::)

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #3108 on: May 02, 2009, 02:17:44 pm »
 Hey all !  I will be moving back down to eastern Washington this fall and am planning on making the 2010 classic.Got the fingers crossed and wearing the mojo bone.
Have too much fun down there and hope to see some pictures soon.  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3109 on: May 04, 2009, 08:15:34 am »
Sorry you couldn't make it Dr. Keenan...but you ought to have a booming business for a long while with a lot of us having withdrawal symtoms!  ;) Sorry, I was to busy to take any pictures myself! :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 02:00:04 pm by GregB »
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline fencepost

« Reply #3110 on: May 04, 2009, 09:59:05 am »
great weekend as always. thanks pappy....

Offline Bear

« Reply #3111 on: May 04, 2009, 11:17:44 am »
Whewww! I'm gonna need a vacation from my vacation. ;D  As usual I hit the workbench a little too hard, and didnt relax and shoot enough. But new friends were made, more memories made with old friends, lost friends remembered, skills aquired, techniques learned, horse-trading done... What a great time! Cant say eneough good about the people, place, or the experience.

Another great deposit in the memory bank!
Just remember, you can't put the wood back on.

East Tennessee

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #3112 on: May 04, 2009, 11:40:34 am »
Was a fantastic event! See my post on the TN Classic post for my write up.

Keenan, next year iyou and Juniper Junkey are comming to the Classic, no excuses!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Keenan

« Reply #3113 on: May 04, 2009, 11:46:41 am »
 Greg, I think you are probably right about the addictions. Looks like you all infected quiet a few people ;D 

David, Yep no excusses. Lulyn says next year i'm going for sure. She can't take another weekend like this one with me moping around missing all the fun :D

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #3114 on: May 04, 2009, 11:49:31 am »
Yep! You listen to nurse Ratchet there and dont you dare lift anything heavier than paper and I guarantee we will be seeing you at the Classic next year. ;)
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline BearG

« Reply #3115 on: May 04, 2009, 02:18:21 pm »
King Ron thanks for the info on towing used alot less fuel on the way home.  Glad to be back at work so I can get some rest ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3116 on: May 04, 2009, 03:07:26 pm »
Bear, I'm with you. Glad to be back at work so I can rest. The phone in our real estate office is quiet so I should be able to catch up on my sleep  ::) ...if I could stay off of the computer! ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3117 on: May 05, 2009, 06:04:00 am »
It was a great time,now I am so far behind I need to get caught up here and then there will be an update and pictures,Thanks to all of yall for coming and I hope you enjoyed it despite the rain.Up date in a day or 2. ;) :) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #3118 on: May 05, 2009, 11:49:58 am »
Had a great time as always, meeting new and old friends, the music was great, Jessie's dad was awesome on the harp, the food was excellent, hats off to King Ron and crew. I even got some shooting in between the rain drops. Oh Yea, I even put on a snake skin on my bow, Thanks Gary.  The only bad part, was packing up and pulling out. I hate saying goodbye and leaving that place. Pappy, you got yourself a little side of heaven down there in that holler, thanks for sharing.   

Brother Dan

PS  Thank Miss Joanie for me too. I surely missed Beau too, like sometime was missing. That would of top it off, if he was there.
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3119 on: May 05, 2009, 12:09:26 pm »
Great weekend,I was down all week so a lot happened before the shoot,here are a few pictures from the early pat of the week.They done some napping,bow work and Turkey hunting. Looks
like everyone had a good time.I started off with a Turkey and then Dave and Mullet followed suit. 
Life is good.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good