Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4826520 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #2910 on: March 30, 2009, 06:12:50 am »
Had a great weekend,no Turkey but that's OK.We had a good time anyway,seen and heard some but they didn't want to come out and play. :) The weather wasn't to good and there is plenty of time.Dave is still at the cabin and I think is staying till Wend. so he should do some good.I got the arrows for the Classic fletched,Turkey wings worked up and grip on my snake bow,also got the elk horn cut up for handled and some napping billets for Jesse.Greg go a road kill Beaver and him and Jesse got it scraped and stretched.We ate good and I think everyone had a good time,kids and all.
Here are some pictures of the weekend.Life is good. :) :) The first picture is what I seen coming in,he didn't show his self Sat. morning. :) Also Jesse said him and Sadie didn't need a bow,a stick would do just fine.Now that's primitive hunting. :) ;) John Thomas brought Jesse a Kiel for his rock cooking and a friend gave me 14 sets of turkey wings he had in the freezer from last year,he said if I didn't clean them out he wasn't saving me anymore so of course I took care of them for him. ;D Dana Got you a sack full of the seconds. ;) :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2911 on: March 30, 2009, 06:16:39 am »
More feathers,some of Jesse's work and of course supper getting started. The elk makes a beautiful handle.I saved a bunch for that. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2912 on: March 30, 2009, 06:21:22 am »
Greg and his road kill beaver,Jesse and some billets ,some empty handed hunters and the kids learning some skills,Jesse had been torturing Case on the art of napping. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2913 on: March 30, 2009, 06:27:42 am »
The last picture was Big A working on some stave's he has promised to some boys for the Classic.
I think this is his last of 3. He also got some help from his 2 fine son in laws,Jesse with the beaver ready to scrape,The kids learning to use a draw knife,they learn quick at that age. ;) :) and the grip on my snake bow,it should be complete this week,I hope. Man I am getting slow in my old age. ;) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2914 on: March 30, 2009, 06:30:51 am »
Stuffed pepers and deer steak,to finish off the weekend,can't hardly beat that.Life is good.Hope yall had a great one also. :) :) Can't wait till Friday. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #2915 on: March 30, 2009, 07:32:37 am »
Dave makes some mean stuff peppers, I love them.    Brother Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2916 on: March 30, 2009, 10:34:11 am »
Looks like another great weekend Pappy, I see that the cutting board I brought ya is coming in handy :)
If I remember I will bring you another one. Getting close now, only about 25 days and I will be sitting at that campfire
giving Tiller heck >:D :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #2917 on: March 30, 2009, 11:25:11 am »
Ah..good times. Cant wait to get back down there!...Almost time!....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2918 on: March 30, 2009, 11:26:02 am »
Just got the word,jesse and Dave Killed 2 this morning,1 Nice tom 20lbs 10in. beard and 1 in. spurs and 1 jake. Maybe I get a chance this evening. :)    
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2919 on: March 30, 2009, 01:44:10 pm »
Just got the word,jesse and Dave Killed 2 this morning,1 Nice tom 20lbs 10in. beard and 1 in. spurs and 1 jake

That's great!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Frodo

« Reply #2920 on: March 30, 2009, 01:55:25 pm »
I will be at the cabin on Tuesday afternoon if Dave is still going to be in town.

Frodo

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #2921 on: March 30, 2009, 03:06:07 pm »
WOW! What a weekend. Pappy, you run one fantastic outfit there.

Jesse is really making some nice knifes. Cant wait to work some stone with you guys! Bringing my special tool for working wood down quickly too. I do like Ferriers rasps!  ;D  I think I am really starting to like very simple bows these days. No recurves, no fancy stuff just the straight bendy stick for me! Fast to make, and it gets the job done.  ;D

Man, there is some bluegrass on the radio that is really making me anxious to get back to TN!  ;D

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline fencepost

« Reply #2922 on: March 30, 2009, 04:44:33 pm »
Pappy, I will bring some pictures of the tom I killed Sat. morning  he was  26#  10 in beard  1 in spurs ... He came in with a gobble call 25 yds.

Offline Bear

« Reply #2923 on: March 30, 2009, 05:31:01 pm »
Looks like a great weekend, fellers.

Greg,
Did you ever put those tips to the test? Been wondering.
Just remember, you can't put the wood back on.

East Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2924 on: March 31, 2009, 05:35:06 am »
Had a good evening ,looks like we will have some wild Turkey breast at the Classic,here is a picture of Jesses,mater a fact he got 2 so far.1 was 20lbs. 10 in. beard and 1 in spurs and the other a jake.I killed one yesterday it was 23 lbs. 9 in beard and 1 1/16 spurs. Pete can't wait to see the pictures that is a big bird. These were Jesse's first Eastern birds.
     Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good