Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711046 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #2880 on: March 23, 2009, 06:52:14 am »
Kids love to win these things,Alex with him weekend work and a head Jesse gave him.
Can't wait till next week.Only 5 days away. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2881 on: March 23, 2009, 07:47:50 am »
Looks like it was a great week end Pappy, chompin at the bit to get down there see ya in a month eh ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2882 on: March 23, 2009, 08:07:08 am »
It was a good weekend, topped by Jesse making it home! I think he liked the cane arrows, they really flew well...and he shot them good too! Jesse gave me a really nice tanned deer hide that I'll probably use for bow grips in the future...although I hate to cut it up.

Here's a few more pic's... :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Online Otis

« Reply #2883 on: March 23, 2009, 08:49:22 am »
Only four more days till I get down there! Can't wait. Good to see Jesse home. He looks happy. Hope I can do as well as the youngsters on the turkeys. Pappy can always use more feathers. Can't wait to get started on a bow either. Pappy, do you know about how many will be around this coming weekend.? Need to know how many peppers to make up.  See you guys soon.  Hey GregB, hope you can come by and show me how to splice billets together.  Maybe I'll give you a pepper or two.
                                                         David

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2884 on: March 23, 2009, 08:53:13 am »
Hey David, looking forward to it! I'll be there for sure, and please reserve a couple of very mild peppers for me if there is such a thing! ;D I'm definitely not a splicing expert by no means, but we'll give it a try. :)
Greg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2885 on: March 23, 2009, 09:08:38 am »
David there should only be 4 or 5.My boss is coming down[Not Miss Joanie]  :) to hunt but he will only be there Friday night and till 9 or 10am Sat. morning.I ant sure on Grant and I think Jesse will be there,at least he said he was coming. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Bear

« Reply #2886 on: March 23, 2009, 11:02:05 am »
Yeah, a man could get used to weekends like this. Kids making thier first kills, roughed out bows, good friends... and syrup bottles.  ;) ;)

Came home with enough ready-to-tiller wood to keep me busy, some cane, and a nice point. I saw a Jagermiester bottle sitting there, mentioned that it was one of my favorite deer camp beverages... next thing I know Jesse hands me a point. Hopefully this year we can see if Jager is as deadly as Aunt Jamima! ;D

The snakey bow in Pappy's pic will be my Classic bow. Hope to get one of the others finished in the meantime.

I didn't shoot worth a flip, but that's what you get for spending too much time shootin your glass bows. :-\

Thanks for a great weekend, and all the help Greg and Pappy!!!
Just remember, you can't put the wood back on.

East Tennessee

Offline BearG

« Reply #2887 on: March 23, 2009, 11:12:47 am »
Only 32 more days until I'll be there and can't wait.  Looks like you guyes had a great weekend. 
Welcome home Jesse, and thanks for your service so we can do what we do.
David good luck chasing those birds (I'm sure you will get at least one).
Bear (Alex) bows lookin good. (Two Bear's at the Classic could get fun) ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #2888 on: March 23, 2009, 09:27:01 pm »
Well, you all know what a Bear does in the woods, the question is "what do two Bears do at the Classic"....Bull S--t!   Then the Yoopers coming down, I'm gonna have to put on my hip boots, with all the rain an all. GregB, got a couple of gallons of home made wine, I'm sure you'll enjoy, also a mason jar, with something clear in it. Don't know what it is, but they say it's goooood and it'll tickle your inners. Jesse, glad you're home safe, I'm sure we'll raise a glass or two, see you soon. Me and Steve will be down the Tuesday before the Classic the 28th, I think BearG is coming the Saturday before.   
     Brother Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Bear

« Reply #2889 on: March 23, 2009, 10:09:11 pm »
Brother Dan,

It could get deep. The bulls**t, that is. We know the rain will. This weekend was actually the first time in 5 or 6 years I've seen Twin Oaks with beatiful weather... it was weird.

This might have been my first chance to shoot the Twin Oaks course without rain or a hangover. Alas, only one was to be.

If you scroll up a little that bottle in my hand wasn't for points. It had "something" in it but you cant tell cause that "something" was clear.  ;) There was some talk of me being a bad influence on the otherwise fine upstanding young men at the club.  ;D  I think it had something to do with me arriving right before bedtime with said bottle, which caused bedtime to be delayed by just a few minutes... or was it a few hours? Either way, there's plenty more were that came from, and it has Classsssic written all over it.

BearG,

I think we've met several times, but it gets hard to remember all the faces. I'll look forward to it. Thanks for the compliment, but it should probably be directed to Greg and Pappy. Hard not do well and learn around those boys.

Probably can't get to the Classic till Thursday morning, but that ain't bad. Can't wait!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:15:56 pm by Bear »

East Tennessee

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2890 on: March 24, 2009, 07:50:27 am »
Either way, there's plenty more were that came from, and it has Classsssic written all over it.

Alex, seems you're forgetting our conversation the morning after... ;)
Greg

Offline Bear

« Reply #2891 on: March 24, 2009, 10:12:19 am »
Ya know Greg, I got to thinking this morning, I'd hate to give anyone the wrong impression of Twin Oaks or myself. I can't say I've NEVER had a hangover there, but it certainly isn't the norm. Just havin' fun.  ;D

And yes, I remember. I'm affraid next time you might take a piece of river cane to me.  :D :D ;D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 10:15:47 am by Bear »

East Tennessee

Offline BearG

« Reply #2892 on: March 24, 2009, 11:57:27 am »
Seem to me that us Ohio boys have rolled down the hill at and after bedtime and ran it untill wake up time.  But only once or twice,  but thats just part of the fun.  And yes I'll be ther Sat. the 25th but I need to get the guard pass for maybe fri the 24th. just depends if I can get all my work done, Dawn already gave me the go but taken off at the end of a month is hard at work for me now. There is 5 months I cant even think about going it,  and one is Oct. now that just sucks!!!
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #2893 on: March 24, 2009, 08:51:44 pm »
BearG, looks like we'll have a good supply, I'm sure King Ron will have some too. I'll have to do some Tues - Fri nite, got to go easy Sat. nite, packing up and driving home Sunday is tough if I go hard the night before, I can't handle it like I used to. That's when you know your getting old.

Brother Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #2894 on: March 24, 2009, 09:12:42 pm »
The above reply was for Bear not BearG, see it's getting confusing already.   BD
Cleves, Ohio