Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4716185 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #2145 on: September 30, 2008, 05:57:05 am »
Fire without Diesel fuel,Ya. King Ron checking in on PA. and supper and relaxing ,getting
ready for opening day. First deer brought in for the weekend. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2146 on: September 30, 2008, 05:59:15 am »
Some more deer brought in,and 1 Turkey,Of course Lunch. ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2147 on: September 30, 2008, 06:01:33 am »
Jesse giving us a lesson on getting the leg sinew out ,the easy way.Me and GregB scores. :)
    Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2148 on: September 30, 2008, 06:04:24 am »
The trad point and Sour wood shaft done the job,Just hanging out waiting on the next meal. ;D
 More deer. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2149 on: September 30, 2008, 06:07:29 am »
Keith ,after a close incounter and a miss, :-[ Scott stocking the fire and more food.Man we
eat a lot. ;) ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2150 on: September 30, 2008, 06:19:02 am »
The winners of the Deer Classic,Jimmy was missing but he was on Me and Grant's team,I won
the knife Jesse made for the Deer Classic,and Jimmy's last deer.The other 3 guys are the
wheel boys,they took 2 does and a nice buck.Life is good. :) Hope yall had a good one also.
Now I need some rest to get ready for next weekend. :) The weather is supposed to get better this week,it was hot sat and Sunday. Short funny story,after we found my deer and pulled it
out of a deep bluff,we got ready to load it and I ask where is my bow,I had gave it to Case to
carry for me while I was dragging the deer,he looked funny and said ,I left it at the gut pile,so back down the bluff Jesse went,he couldn't find it,so down went Terry,They both couldn't find it,so down goes GregB,thank goodness they found it then,cause we were going down by age,and I was next,that is what memories are made of,Wasn't funny then but I told them it will be in a few years.  ;) ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2151 on: September 30, 2008, 08:28:12 am »
It sure was a good time, I know everyone enjoyed themselves with a lot of good comradarie spread around. I really feel fortunate to live close to the club and to be involved with all the bow making, arrow making, hunting, and food cookin' that is a part of Twin Oaks. But especially the great friends that I get to share all this with.

Pappy's farm is a fine piece of property in itself...but what makes it trully special is how it's being used, or said another way...shared. It touches a lot of people in a very positive way, and I think all our lifes are richer as a result. Someone pass me a hanky!  ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Ranger B

« Reply #2152 on: September 30, 2008, 08:46:56 am »
Amen brother.  As I told Pappy a month or so ago.  The next move the Army sends the Blackmon's way will be an extremely difficult one.  I've lived all over the world in the past 22 years.  Many of those places were nice and others not so much, but Clarksville has become home and a vital part of home is "Pappys" as my kids call it.  Mark's generosity is unparalleled in a world that has become so self-centered and selfish.  I'm sure he would say that you have to give to receive and he too enjoys the friendships that have developed over the years. Just by opening his farm to others so many friendships have developed it's amazing. I tell my Soldiers not to waste time.  In the end life is about relationships.  It's about the friends we make in life that truly make it enjoying and they don't happen because of serendipity.  They happen because we make them and at the Farm...that's rather easy to do.
Greg! Pass the tissues.

Offline Big A

« Reply #2153 on: September 30, 2008, 09:32:35 am »
This is all true. No matter how complex our life gets all the troubles of the world seem to fade when you spend a little time at the range. I think it would be cool to go there even if you didn't like archery. But with the archery it's our little piece of heaven.Life is good. Pappy thanks for sharing it with us.
 "A"

Offline BearG

« Reply #2154 on: September 30, 2008, 10:34:12 am »
man guyes that will make you cry.  but very true, mark is a one of a kind.  love to come down, and wish it could be more often.
but always feel welcome and like family.  ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Dingleberry

« Reply #2155 on: September 30, 2008, 01:11:33 pm »
Wow,  yall had some great success.  Could you send some of that magic this a way.  Congratulations to the winners and stated again, what a cool place and people. :)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2156 on: September 30, 2008, 02:26:27 pm »
Wow, look at all them deer ;D. Ya'll do eat a lot, hehe. Congrat's to the winners! I drew down on one in Del Rio last weekend but was too slow :'(, maybe next time.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline cracker

« Reply #2157 on: September 30, 2008, 05:07:58 pm »
Wow what fun makes me want to sell out and move to north TN. I guess life really is good.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #2158 on: September 30, 2008, 07:43:57 pm »
You guys got it good..Pappy, your a great feller...only been there twice but I still call it home :)...oh, and Pappy, that was Auggie that sent you the Yucca...I dont even know what it looks like :D....Auggie came up to hunt with me and got busted by a doe this mornin. We will try again in the mornin, too windy tonight....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2159 on: October 01, 2008, 05:23:35 am »
Sorry about that Brian,Auggie Thanks,I think it will do fine and I have it in a proud spot
right in front of the porch.Thanks for all the complaments guy,yall make me blush. ;) ;D ;D
and I feel the same about all of yall. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good