Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4720845 times)

Offline Parnell

Re: Life is good
« Reply #20145 on: June 19, 2024, 06:33:32 pm »
Really delighted to see the news about Annie, Pap.  Looks like a great Puppy!  Happy for you.
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #20146 on: June 20, 2024, 09:03:06 am »
Ya BJ not sure how long the puppy stage last, seems it is different in every dog, I will be glad when this one grows up a little.  :) Thanks Steve, good to hear from ya. I am headed down this morning to get stuff finished up for our Saturday shoot, looks like it is going to be hot but we have lots of cover/fans/water and the 2 ranges are set in the woods so should be ok, hot every where so I guess if you are going to play out side just well get use to it. ;) :) Hope yall have a great weekend. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20147 on: June 23, 2024, 01:19:48 pm »
I haven't checked in for a few weeks, lots of new stuff going on. I've been laid up for three and a half weeks, finally got the left knee replaced and I can say it was a lot easier 7 years ago when I did the right one.

That's a really good looking pup, interesting mix. I'm really looking forward to meeting her whenever I make it back.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20148 on: June 23, 2024, 07:42:36 pm »
Good to hear from you Eddie, hope the knee heals quickly, ya she is growing like a weed and is almost as big as Sister now, I think she is going to be a big girl especially if she grows into her feet.  :) Had a very hot but good weekend, got my skins on my Osage bow and my 2 walking sticks sealed now if my foot will heal I should be ready for CO. in the fall. The charity shoot went well considering the heat, had about 70 shooters and every one seems to have a good time. Skins turned out good and matched pretty well. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20149 on: June 23, 2024, 07:45:41 pm »
Got them trimmed up and about 5 coats of tru oil on them over the weekend, they are just about smooth now.A few more coats and they will be ready for some satin polly to cut the shine. Annie is always right under my feet, guess she love me for some reason.  :-\ :) :) She is also getting quite a bone collection.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 08:00:44 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20150 on: June 23, 2024, 07:49:55 pm »
The only time she ant under my feet is when she is wrestling with Sister.  :) Then the guys showed up fro UXO, Great bunch of guys doing a really good thing for our vets and under privileged kids. Glad we could help out.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20151 on: June 23, 2024, 07:57:56 pm »
A little slow for what we are use to but over all a very successful event, we made them $2,000.00 and they we more than pleased to say the least, plan on doing it again for them next year. ;) :) also finely got Beau's bear head officially scored for Pope and Young 18 2/16 , takes 18 inches to make the book, that's just what I had it scored at so guess I ant to bad a scorer.  ;) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #20152 on: June 24, 2024, 04:51:30 am »
Skins came out good I think - nice lookin' Bow ! Pups growing like a weed - thanks as always -  (=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20153 on: June 26, 2024, 09:33:55 am »
Thanks Bob, yes the skins turned out OK, I put a new string on it yesterday and shot about 50 arrows, seems to be doing fine, now just need to get it all sealed and should be ready to go. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good