Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4716908 times)

Otis and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19890 on: February 11, 2024, 07:27:07 pm »
Some shooting in between the rain and of course brats for lunch, it was a challenge with the rain and the fire but I managed to get it done. John showed up and spent most of the evening in the napping pit. He just rummages through the scrap and finds something to make a point out of. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19891 on: February 11, 2024, 07:28:55 pm »
My girls just staying dry, Sally is still very slow but hanging in for now.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19892 on: February 11, 2024, 07:34:38 pm »
I decide to work on another hide, got this one ready to pre smoke, I am planning on 1 or 2 more hides and that will probably be all for this year. Rocky left me a couple of knives to refurbish, he had dropped one in the fire ??? :-\ ;) :) :)  and the other was in bad shape from a moose skinning job up north this year, I got them looking pretty good now, maybe he can keep them out of the fire from now own. Got my 2 knives sanded and ready to seal. :) John with one of his finished points, pretty good for digging through the junk rock.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19893 on: February 11, 2024, 07:38:36 pm »
Miss Joanie got out T shirts ordered for the Classic, I think they look great, Black with white writing Hope everyone likes them, we haven't had Black in about 10 years , so a little different. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19894 on: February 12, 2024, 02:07:37 am »
I like the new, black Twin Oaks T shirts. I'll grab one as soon as Miss Joanie shows up with them.  8)  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19895 on: February 12, 2024, 05:00:39 am »
Like the Shirts ! Thanks as always Pappy -  (=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19896 on: February 12, 2024, 09:28:55 am »
Thanks, I was hoping people would like them.  :) Still raining here, guess it will stop sometime, as my old Uncle use to tell when I would ask if it was ever going to rain or stop raining or sun would shine, he would say " Not sure Mark but it always has before "  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #19897 on: February 12, 2024, 09:47:29 pm »
Pappy,
Looks like a great weekend. I am envious of everything you have going on. Very nice indeed. Your tshirts look great! Take care, Brian

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19898 on: February 15, 2024, 09:36:06 am »
Ya it's fun having a people around that enjoy what I do Brian, guess I would still do the same stuff if I was by myself but it sure is fun to have the fellowship of others to enjoy it with.  :) Brain tanning a couple more hides right now and really need to get them in good shape while the weather is nice, suppose to have cold rain/snow by the weekend so need to get busy today. Been sick with some kind of stomach bug for the last couple of day but much better today so back at it.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19899 on: February 16, 2024, 08:54:40 am »
Been a beautiful few day but looks like it is going to be over , well it is Feb. in Tennessee so anything can happen,  :-\ got a couple of hides in the works and plan on smoking 1 of them today , then some sitting by the fire/maybe some bow shooting and more Brat making tomorrow which is good because it is supposed to be cold and rainy and I will be in the kitchen.  ;) :) :) Hope yall have a good one, Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19900 on: February 18, 2024, 06:59:26 pm »
Great weekend, other than the big storm Friday it was a pretty nice weekend, cold but at least no rain. Got a lot done and had a very good time with a bunch of friends, seems the cold ran them out of the house. ??? :-\ ;) Spent most of Friday working on stands for my last 2 knives/sealing the handles and tanning another hide.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19901 on: February 18, 2024, 07:02:09 pm »
Got the stands made and ready to seal, also got my hide brained 3 times and pre smoked.Shawn showed up working on a Mull berry stave. That boy stays busy with bows.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19902 on: February 18, 2024, 07:05:17 pm »
He also was working on a sinew backed Mull Berry homey, looking very good,the sinew has been drying for several months and is ready to finish tillering, the storm came in so I retired to the kitchen to get ready for brat making Saturday.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19903 on: February 18, 2024, 07:09:06 pm »
Everyone had left so I spent a couple of hours getting the venison ready and pork ground, also the guts cleaned and soaking, I love doing this stuff and like to everything ready to go. :) Then spent a peaceful hour or 2 by the fire. ;) Love that also.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 07:23:15 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19904 on: February 18, 2024, 07:11:35 pm »
Got a coat of tung oil on my stands and then the brat making started, between Beau/Shawn and myself we made quick work of it and had them finished by 10 or so.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 11:00:31 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good