Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711346 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19755 on: November 28, 2023, 07:08:43 pm »
She is still hanging in, not only a very sweet and loving girl , she is also a very tough farm dog. I know it is just a matter of time but today she was up and about. Thanks for the words and thoughts, much appreciated. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19756 on: November 30, 2023, 07:05:49 am »
Heading to the cabin for a few days, planning on some hunting, got some hide work to do and a couple of blades to heat treat and temper, if all goes according to plan which it usually don't , ??? :-\ ;) the weather is warming again and rain tomorrow so shop time will be on the agenda  :) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19757 on: December 03, 2023, 08:21:41 pm »
Had a great few days, done some hunting and got a lot done in the shop, not many showed up so I stayed busy with my projects. Would have got more done but Killed a deer Thursday morning so that put a change in my plans. Got Dave's knives all fitted and the blades ready to heat treat and temper, then had to go to work on a deer.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 08:44:40 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19758 on: December 03, 2023, 08:23:55 pm »
Got the deer out and hung up and then tempered the blades while I was thinking on when to skin and take care of the deer.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19759 on: December 03, 2023, 08:28:20 pm »
I got the deer skinned and the meat boned out and on ice, then wanted to tan the hide but needed a rack so i finished scrapping and sanding a hide I was working on to free up the rack, wasn't planning on that that day but a man has to do what a man has to do.  :) Got the knives heat treated, tempered and the handle all glued up. :) Also got the head of my buck cleaned and in the boil to euro mount.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19760 on: December 03, 2023, 08:31:21 pm »
Got the hide fleshed and head clean while waiting on the knife handles to dry.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19761 on: December 03, 2023, 08:35:11 pm »
Head being whitened , hide all racked up and fresh venison on the fire hard to beat that in less than 24 hours from when he was running a doe. :) Knives finished, hope Dave likes them.  :-\ ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19762 on: December 03, 2023, 08:41:03 pm »
Was running out of arrows so took some time and tuned up another 6, that should get me through the rest of the season, also got my yew bow to brace and out to 28@14 and looking good so far. Got the head finished and on a cedar plague.  :) It was a 110 lbs 8 point, taken with my old faithful Osage bow with spruce arrows and 160 ace head at 6 yards, ran about 70 yards, prefect double lung shot. Don't do that every time but managed to this time . ;) :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19763 on: December 03, 2023, 08:43:52 pm »
Then after a long and busy few days Sister and I had a peaceful knight around a good fire. :) Sally is doing OK but gets tired easy and had already beaded down. :-\ Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good .  :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #19764 on: December 03, 2023, 09:22:29 pm »
The knives look great Pappy.  Thank you for putting them together for me.  Nice to have friends with talent.  I'll bring more peppers.  I can always cook for you.  Nice deer and a better shot.  Looking forward to seeing everyone next time I'm down at Twin Oaks.

David

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19765 on: December 04, 2023, 05:34:25 am »
Yeah - those Turkey Leg Knifes, are way Kewl! Good job on the Buck too Pappy.  (=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19766 on: December 04, 2023, 09:15:23 am »
You are welcome Dave  ;) Thanks Bob they are kind of a pain to make knife handles out of but when finished they are pretty cool for sure.  :) The blades are made from 2 old USA made Nicholson files, they make a really tough knife blade and heat treat and temper well.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19767 on: December 04, 2023, 11:30:15 am »
Quite the busy weekend for you Pappy but like always you pulled it all together.  :OK  Congrats on another deer and I feel so bad about Sally.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BrianS

« Reply #19768 on: December 04, 2023, 12:27:46 pm »
Pappy,
Wow What a weekend you had! Congratulations on the deer. The knives, arrows and skull look great! Thank you for brightening my Monday morning with your Post!
Take care, Brian

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19769 on: December 05, 2023, 09:07:47 am »
I hear ya Pat, she seems to be doing OK for now, just not sure how long that is going to last. :( You are welcome Brian, glad you enjoy. :) Headed down this morning to start some jerky, got my meat draining yesterday so should be ready to process this morning, I don't use a recipe for my jerky , just make up a mixture that taste good to me so I hope it turns out good  :-\ it usually dose.  :) Plan on doing about 12lbs of meat so should get about 6lbs of jerky, that should do me for a while.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good