Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4723883 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19695 on: October 30, 2023, 08:31:08 am »
Ya would love to meet ya face to face WB, :) Been a great few weeks we had the bash at the cabin which is the last big thing for the year as a club and it was a very good time with all the guys and family, then a lot of hunting and of course the youth hunt this passed weekend , that is always a good time, been doing it since 1990 and seen a lot of kids come through. Here are a few pictures of the fun. always good food and the girls are fat and happy this time of year, always waiting on the next deer to come in so they can get the scraps.  :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19696 on: October 30, 2023, 08:32:47 am »
Getting ready for the bash, trash can chicken and all the fixings.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19697 on: October 30, 2023, 08:37:23 am »
Miss Joanie heading up the clean up, she is a real trooper , my last doe hide in the rack and the kids show up for the youth hunt, they always come to stay for the weekend and it is a great time for me and I think also for them, only had 2 hunting this time, the 7 year old ant quite ready and said he was just going out as a observer. :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 09:00:24 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19698 on: October 30, 2023, 08:40:59 am »
I had a few projects planned while their father and grand father took them out hunting , cooking back strap /a couple of knives and getting Beau's bear claws all cleaned up.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19699 on: October 30, 2023, 08:47:11 am »
The bear claws was a pain but got them all cleaned up and the files soften in the forge and laid out. Dave wanted me to make him 2 knives with some of his turkey legs, got a good start on them. I had to boil the claws to get the toe bone out, smelt like roast beef cooking.  :) :) I also had an old flint lock pistol I wanted to shoot, I traded for it , it was one of Eddie's he sold to a friend of mine, he didn't really like it so now it is mine. Shot it a few time and I think it is going to be a lot of fun to play with, 62 cal. smooth bore :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 09:02:25 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19700 on: October 30, 2023, 08:50:39 am »
Bear claws all cleaned up and knifes well on their way, then the first deer , this is her 3rd youth hunt and has heart shot deer all 3 years, we call her the heart breaker, ;) very sweet girl and quite the shot. 98 lb doe. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 09:03:05 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19701 on: October 30, 2023, 08:58:41 am »
Then to top off the weekend the 2nd deer 119 lb 7 point, this is his 3 year also and his 2nd buck, so he gets the honor of doing the field dressing, ;D he was a little slow but done alright, I told him he would get better with practice.  ;) :) It was a great time for sure. I am headed back tomorrow for some hunting, love the fellowship but something to be said when it is just me and the girls, I don't hunt much when I have visitors so try to get my time in the woods when it is just me, I can focus much better that way. :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #19702 on: October 30, 2023, 04:12:20 pm »
Great pictures Pappy!! Glad to see the kids got their deer.  Good luck to you and your future hunts.
We're going to be getting some cold weather so, I'm going to be sitting in the cabin while Debbie gets out and tries to get her first one for the year.  Chance of snow here tomorrow.  I hunted this morning and had a little flurry action.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19703 on: October 30, 2023, 09:05:32 pm »
Thanks Dave, headed down in the morning through Sunday, Eddie is coming in Thursday evening and Beau is coming Wednesday morning for a few days, Chris and Shane aren’t coming till the 10 th. By the way both deer were killed from the point 😉😊😊 Pappy.
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19704 on: October 31, 2023, 04:40:18 am »
Thanks for shareing Pappy - Those Claws will make a Heck of a nice Necklace !  (=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Otis

« Reply #19705 on: October 31, 2023, 09:46:48 am »
You enjoy your time with Beau and Eddie.  No bobcats spotted from the point?  :) I'm still in limbo on my elk hunt.  If we don't go I may try to come down if that's okay with you when Chris and the boys come up.  Right now priority one is to get Debbie a deer.   We're going down this evening to the cabin and spend the night if she doesn't get one tonight.  It's getting good here finally with buck activity.  It's that time of the year.

David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19706 on: October 31, 2023, 04:11:05 pm »
Good luck, Dave! Hope Debbie gets her deer.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19707 on: November 01, 2023, 07:56:46 am »
Good luck to Debbie, I know she will kill one bigger than yours, she always does. 😉see ya in a day or 2 Eddie, headed out in a few minutes, hope to have some skinning to do when you get here. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19708 on: November 01, 2023, 02:17:02 pm »
Congratulations to Debbie, Dave and I'll be heading out in the morning, Pappy. Good luck!
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Otis

« Reply #19709 on: November 02, 2023, 10:07:45 am »
Thanks guys, I'll tell her.  We're on doe patrol now.  We're a one buck state.  That's fine with us cause we're meat hunters anyway.  Be safe Eddie.

David