Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4716014 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19650 on: September 17, 2023, 08:55:14 am »
So glad you both got another chance for a great hunt together. That looks like some very good memories.

Congratulations Beau. That’s some good hunting. Thinking you had some really good mentors.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19651 on: September 18, 2023, 07:13:29 am »
Thanks guys, Ya Pat I have heard that also, it reminds me a lot of pork in a lot of ways so will probable cook it like it's pork, haven't cook any of the burger yet but we gave a couple of friends some and also Beau grilled up some and said it was as good as any burger they had eaten. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline wooddamon1

« Reply #19652 on: September 18, 2023, 11:06:22 am »
Awesome adventure! Congrats to you both on the memories!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #19653 on: September 18, 2023, 12:50:23 pm »
Sounds like you boys had a great hunt and an even better time together. Congrats to Beau on his animals.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline BDan

« Reply #19654 on: September 18, 2023, 03:46:45 pm »
Man, what a hunting trip. Thanks for the pictures and stories. Can't wait to talk to you about it. Congrats to Beau and you.  B Dan

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19655 on: September 18, 2023, 07:53:21 pm »
Pappy, I've ate sliced Bear roast, cooked over a grill and with real good Horseradish sauce that was to die for. Just like good steak.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 08:01:46 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #19656 on: September 19, 2023, 10:08:09 am »
You did an awesome trip with your son, in an awesome country and you scored game too
indeed life is good
thanks for the report

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19657 on: September 20, 2023, 07:19:59 am »
YEP Eddie, cooked some bear steaks while we were out west in the skillet with just salt and pepper fried in butter, they were as good as any meat I have eaten. Lots of stories Dan. ;) thanks GlisGlis it was a great trip. Been busy this week trying to get ready for deer season, opens Saturday !!! Got all my stands up and checked out, now picking a stand for Saturday, :-\ they all look promising , lots of white oak acorns and persimmons and good deer sign around them all,turkey sign also. now today I plan on getting all my cloth unpacked and hung on the side porch, pack my day pack and then just some shooting, got 3 bow/arrow set ups ready to go, now it is just waiting for daylight Saturday.  :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19658 on: September 21, 2023, 11:32:46 am »
Good luck, Shoot straight!
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19659 on: September 22, 2023, 07:05:10 am »
Thanks Eddie, tomorrow is the day I have been waiting for since January  :) Love opening day, don't always see or kill any deer but it is always special :),has been and haven't missed one in 47 years, wow where dose time go. :-\ I plan on staying at the cabin a few days so see yall when I get back with pictures and just maybe a story or 2. :)This is the hunting part of the White tail Classic so I feel sure I will at least see some dead critters even if they ant mine.  ;) :) :) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19660 on: September 22, 2023, 09:59:34 am »
I have a good feeling for your opening day, Pappy. Stay safe and hunt hard.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19661 on: September 25, 2023, 08:23:20 am »
Thanks Pat, worked out yesterday evening, 100 lb spike, 10 yards and ran 70, seen him go down. Heart shot.slow weekend, he was the only deer I seen. Pictures and story when I get home. The deer classic went well and as usual I have 5 deer plus mine to take care of so going to be a busy week. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19662 on: September 26, 2023, 02:44:33 am »
Way to go Pappy  :OK(=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19663 on: September 27, 2023, 09:10:49 pm »
What a great weekend, got to see a bunch of old friends that shot in the Deer Classic, lots of deer checked in, 15 I think and although hunting was slow for me I did manage to see 1. ;) :) Here is a few pictures of the fun. The score board for the Deer Classic. I done a euro mount of Beau's Elk in my spare time.  :) and Bear steak for supper Friday night, man they are good. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 09:37:16 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19664 on: September 27, 2023, 09:14:12 pm »
Jesse showed up for a few day, love that kid and we always have a great time together. Got the elk out of the boil and looking good. Had a few friends that don't hunt anymore come just to hang out. Then Saturday morning the deer start rolling in. Sally and Sister love this time of year, they will get fat and sassy for sure. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good