Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4720341 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18735 on: March 13, 2022, 06:39:27 pm »
Jon also came in for the weekend and working on a bow. Joe and I shot the practice range ,don't get to shoot in the snow much in Tennessee,and then everyone left so I retired to the cabin and started getting my kit put together, I think I got everything I need now. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #18736 on: March 13, 2022, 08:01:07 pm »
Looks like you got a nice little dusting down there.  (S)
The drift by my house cleared 6 ft a day or two ago.  (lol)

Offline BrianS

« Reply #18737 on: March 13, 2022, 08:14:30 pm »
Pappy,
Looks like a great weekend! Life truly is good at your cabin! As always thanks for taking the time to post your pictures.
take care,
brian

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18738 on: March 14, 2022, 04:40:33 am »
Looks like another nice weekend at the farm Pappy.

Hope your weather is nicer for the Classic.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18739 on: March 14, 2022, 04:41:37 am »
You did a Great job on Your "Kit" - lookin' good  :-M ! We had 6" plus of Snow here - I'm sick of Winter  (S). Thanks Pappy - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18740 on: March 14, 2022, 08:56:55 am »
Thanks guys, ya it was just a quick blast, supposed to be in the 60/70 all week and the snow is already gone. I hear ya BJ , I hope so also but am use to bad weather at the Classic, more worried about the cost of fuel than the weather.  ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #18741 on: March 14, 2022, 02:48:00 pm »
Hold on... 5" of snow and you couldn't get out on the range.  Up north, we use the broom and sweep that dusting off in a pair of Crocs.  I guess when you are brought up in it its not a big deal.  Now the heat that you guys deal with is another story.  You can keep that!  The 5 inches of snow wasn't an issue, it was a 40-50 mph winds that caused white outs and hazardous road conditions.  I stayed in the shop all day and worked on a few leather projects for my compound buddies. 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18742 on: March 15, 2022, 08:57:32 am »
O we got out on the range Glenn, it was a lot of fun, but yes 5 inches is a lot for us, we hardly ever get on 2 or 3 at a time so 5 is special for us and I more on my feet than Crocs.  :) The snow is all gone and te temps in the low 70's this week, time to get out and finish up the range for Saturday's shoot.  :) I am also grinding feathers and putting arrows together for the trophies at the Classic, need 39 and have 12 finished so got a ways to go, glad I started early.  ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18743 on: March 15, 2022, 01:21:42 pm »
Yeah the price of everything is nuts. If you can even get what you need. This is going to be a interesting year on our farm. I’m glad we got as much stuff as we did last summer and fall. I wish we could have gotten more. The stuff we didn’t get could be very difficult to source this year. The stuff we bought last summer for 2x the cost we did the summer before is now over 3x higher than we paid for it if you can even get it.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18744 on: March 17, 2022, 08:47:22 am »
I hear ya BJ, glad I had some supplies left over from last year, everything has gone up for sure but was pleasantly surprised that most things we
use hasn't went up as much as I was afraid they would, at least not yet. ??? Headed to Sam's this morning for more supplies and plan on loading up before they go up any more. We try to keep the prices for the Classic and other events as reasonable as we can , but can't afford to loose money. ;) I hope everyone will understand some small price hikes here and there. :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18745 on: March 21, 2022, 08:27:00 am »
Had a great weekend, the shoot went well 115 registered and the weather was fair.Got a lot done Thursday and Friday and with Brother Bear coming in you know we had some good times. We shot the practice course Friday but didn't get time Saturday for the main shoot so Beau brought the kids over Sunday and I shot with them , always fun with the grand kids. Will and Bucky was there working on bows. The snake bow was looking so good but at 45@23 it gave up, sad but it happens with wood like that and you have to have you heart ready for it. :(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18746 on: March 21, 2022, 08:28:24 am »
I got the arrows all made for the Classic awards.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18747 on: March 21, 2022, 08:30:01 am »
Ready to attach to the TN. plaques. :) Glad that's out of the way. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18748 on: March 21, 2022, 08:33:46 am »
Will took the break in stride and went right back to work on another bow after he cleared his head in the napping pit. I also cut up some good wood for our new camp stove, I plan to haul it to CO. this year, their wood stinks out there and you can take your own, you just have to burn it all or haul it out when you leave. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18749 on: March 21, 2022, 08:36:52 am »
New sign for our practice range, Dan works hard on it and we decided to honor him with this, he was quite surprised. Had fun with Bear/Joe and Mike Scott on the range and we all shot pretty well . :) Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good