Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4713611 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18300 on: August 11, 2021, 08:19:57 am »
Some picking and grinning around the fire, like I said it was a great time and really relaxing time for me. Can't wait till next year.
Now back to the farm and my normal life. ;) :) Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #18301 on: August 11, 2021, 09:58:39 am »
I just knew you would post that photo. :)
I notice you got your friends' glass bows out of the way to photograph the bow tent,  maybe that was when they where out shooting each others knocks off?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18302 on: August 11, 2021, 10:45:03 am »
Hey, I've seen Mike holding down that same folding lounge chair somewhere before and was that Matt Wirwicki in the one pic. Haven't seen much of him lately.
 Always feels like home around your camps Pappy.   (=)   -C-   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Parnell

« Reply #18303 on: August 11, 2021, 10:54:28 am »
Looks like it was a good time, Papp.  Glad to see Mike Scott went and also good to see a picture of Matt and Heather.  How are they doing?  Glad it was a good time.
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18304 on: August 12, 2021, 08:06:18 am »
Ya Mike spends a lot of time in the chair  :) :) :) Matt and heather are doing fine, just staying busy. It was great to see and visit with them. We got there on Sunday evening and I done some hiking every morning about day light and shot the ranges at least twice a day until Friday, after that I usually don't shoot any more until Sunday evening, just to slow with the crowd so I just hang
out in camp and visit. It was a good time for sure. I carried 4 self bows and 1 Great Northern long bow Rocky gifted me, shot all my self bows but never shot the Glass bow, we usually have what we call the green bow challenge but to busy and never got around to it this trip so back in the case until next year, I love that green bow but rarely shoot it unless I am up there.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18305 on: August 13, 2021, 04:17:18 am »
Was great getting to You and the Gang on Tuesday. Enjoyed having Lunch and Rocky meeting Us. Good to see Mike for sure ! Thanks Pappy - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18306 on: August 13, 2021, 08:39:12 am »
Ya Bob it was great seeing you and Bruce and spending some time around the fire just catching up, always such a pleasure to spend time with you and just talking. Hope we can do it again soon. We are all getting older and time spent with old and new friends is so precious to me. :) Headed to the cabin, not sure what I will get into but am sure I will find something, :-\ we have a meeting and working tomorrow to get ready for our shoot coming up on the 21th so it will be busy getting the range set up and everything lined up for that. ;) I do have a new knife project in the works and also would love to finish up my Osage bow, it is almost done and ready for finish but still a little tweaking to do. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #18307 on: August 14, 2021, 08:53:34 am »
Good looking fun event there.I always enjoy sitting around a camp fire.After all it was cavemans' first TV......ha ha.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18308 on: August 15, 2021, 05:13:35 pm »
Yep Ed  camp just ant camp without a fire. Had a great weekend.Got everything about ready for Saturdays shoot, had some good fellowship around the fire and also got a good start on my next knife. A few pictures. Pieces all laid out for my next knife and the last small one finished.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18309 on: August 15, 2021, 05:17:38 pm »
Shawn showed up to work on some Osage billets and my knife handle and blade roughed in. I softened the file in the forge and then shape the edge with a jig set up and 1 inch belt sander,I use to do it all with a file by hand but this is faster and also gives a better more even tapper. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 05:29:27 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18310 on: August 15, 2021, 05:19:06 pm »
Then Saturday morning we set the range for the this coming Saturday's shoot.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 05:30:25 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18311 on: August 15, 2021, 05:20:21 pm »
Really pretty set up, the woods are beautiful this time of year.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18312 on: August 15, 2021, 05:23:50 pm »
One of my favorite targets, they are just plane cool, we have 2 of these now and they really look good in heavy cover. My girls don't know what to make of Big Foot. Jesse showed up and gathered pretty much the last of the Cantrell's for this year.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18313 on: August 15, 2021, 05:28:05 pm »
Then Saturday I spent the late evening working on my knife, very peaceful with just me and my girls. I got the blade just about finished except for a little sanding , heat treating and tempering and the handle all fitted and ready to glue up when the blade is done. Great weekend . Hope yall had a good one also.  ;) :) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 05:31:40 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18314 on: August 16, 2021, 04:16:05 am »
Thanks Pappy  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.