Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4715828 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18225 on: June 14, 2021, 09:12:02 am »
We've had our share of extremely quick and large dumps of rain here too Pappy.Attitude has has always been to move on/fix things and make the best of it.Things are a little different when your livelyhood depends on what comes out of the ground.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 09:30:57 am by BowEd »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18226 on: June 15, 2021, 08:24:18 am »
I hear ya Ed, yep a bit different , farmers have it tough sometimes that's for sure.  :) Got most everything cleaned up and back in order, need some more gravel but can get that anytime. Everything else in back close to normal. Do need to gather some more punk wood for smoking hides, washed all mine away, ??? saved the trash cans it was stored in but most of the wood is in the Cumberland river by now. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18227 on: June 18, 2021, 08:35:45 am »
Heading to the cabin in a little bit to hang out over the weekend, got a couple of bows to work on and even though I said the last hide I done was the last for the year ??? I put another in soak yesterday so got that to work on, just can't seem to get enough of the hide work this year, the weather looks pretty good for next week so should be able to get it done. Hope yall have a good one and for all the Fathers out there Happy Fathers day, nothing like having kids and passing things along. Life is Good. :) :) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18228 on: June 20, 2021, 05:17:25 pm »
Great weekend, kind of hot here but a pretty good breeze most of the time, between that and some fans going not bad at all. Had a good meeting Saturday morning with most of the members present. Got a good start on plans for the IBO Trad world also got some stuff done in the shop and some shooting in. Few pictures. Got my fish pond cleaned and moved to the from porch, didn't loose any fish in the move and like it much better under the roof, got 12 fish in it and they are doing great. Also got another hide in the brains .
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18229 on: June 20, 2021, 05:19:40 pm »
I added a couple new brains and also the older stuff I had frozen. ;) Shawn showed up working on his latest Osage stave and a couple of snaky billets, both looking good so far.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18230 on: June 20, 2021, 05:24:59 pm »
Got my latest Osage out to 40@20 , ready for the form and a little tweaking. After 3 braining's got the 2 ace 160 holes sewn up and ready for pre smoke. I can always tell when it is my deer hide, the holes are the size of a 160 ace broad heads and usually a little far back. ??? ;) :) :) My girls love this spot under the pavilion, cool gravel and a fan blowing, they are pretty smart when it comes to staying cool in hot weather. ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 09:46:20 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18231 on: June 20, 2021, 05:31:54 pm »
Joe shooting the boo backed bow I gifted him, shot it well. Then venison steak for lunch, using Shawn's fork he made from a broken bow,"waste not want not " Jesse showed up with 2 of his kids, his youngest daughter in in for the summer from CA. Good to see her, she is really growing. He also finished smoking his last hide.We just barely had enough punk wood to do his and pre smoke mine after the flood washed most of it away, guess we will have to go gather more before the next smoking. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 05:49:23 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18232 on: June 20, 2021, 05:39:01 pm »
Will showed up along with Matt and some of his family from Connecticut , they had never seen anything like this before and loved it. :)It always amazes me when I meet people that have never seen any of this stuff before, it is kind of my life and just don't understand. ??? :-\  Will done some picking for us and also had some truck trouble. After I drove it I was pretty sure it was drive line related so we pulled the drive shaft and sure enough it was the rear U joint, he went and got the parts and I replaced it for him, we do it all down here. ;) :) :) Also Don Massion a good friend brought me a steamer set up, very nice , now just got to find a place for it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18233 on: June 20, 2021, 05:47:06 pm »
Drive shaft repaired, $22.00 , Will was very happy. Hide pre smoked and brained 3 more times and almost dry, got tired and late so I wrapped it up in a bag and stuck it in the freezer, shouldn't take long when I get ready to finish drying it. Then some more picking from Will and his buddy to round out a great day. Had a good Sunday Father's day with Beau/Christina and of course Margaret Ann and Bodhi. :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18234 on: June 21, 2021, 05:29:11 am »
Thanks Pappy ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline BrianS

« Reply #18235 on: June 21, 2021, 09:40:39 am »
Pappy,
Always enjoy viewing your posts at the start of my work week. You have a very special place there. Thank you for taking the time to post.
take care,
brian

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18236 on: June 22, 2021, 08:30:29 am »
you are welcome guys and Brian I fell very blessed to have it and be able to share it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18237 on: June 22, 2021, 10:16:44 am »
Thanks, Pappy for the pictures, y'all had a great weekend as usual. Now that I live a little closer to ya I get to share the same rain storms it seems. It has been playing havoc with the grass seed I keep spreading for the lawn and bare spots. It keeps washing it into piles. We have gotten three inches in the last couple of days and it's raining now.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18238 on: June 22, 2021, 10:47:49 am »
Should dry up and cool off for you for the next few days, Eddie.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18239 on: June 23, 2021, 08:16:05 am »
Ya Eddie we have had some pretty good ones, the last one went a little south of us so we missed the worst of it, though about you though when they said hitting SC pretty hard. Come see us when you can, missed you the last year or so. More targets cam in yesterday for the IBO event coming up soon so headed out this morning to pick them up and move to the club.Then back to the house for Margaret Ann/Bodhi Wednesday.Should be a fun but busy day. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good