Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711323 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #14430 on: February 06, 2017, 05:12:04 am »
We were like a well oiled machine, some working out side and some working inside.  ;) :) Kevin and Don were determined to not have a post in the middle, so they came up with a plane to take it out. Seems to work fine. ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 05:20:53 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14431 on: February 06, 2017, 05:14:43 am »
North and west wall up, all we like is the south short wall to finish up the planking. Bill and Dan making plans for some work this week, both retired now and a great help around there. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14432 on: February 06, 2017, 05:19:35 am »
Got a PM from Gutshot wanting to know what tool I use to scrape hides, here ya go. I have made a few but this angle and blade type seems to work the best for me. I also came across some splatted white Oak in the wood pile, waste not want not , so I cut it up for scales, seems to be quite a bit so I will work on saving some more this week. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:59:16 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14433 on: February 06, 2017, 05:23:40 am »
 Splatted white Oak cut into blocks for later use. That's it for this week, we got a lot done and I am feeling it this morning, :o  O well I am sure I will be over it by Friday and ready to do it again. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14434 on: February 06, 2017, 07:41:46 am »
Looks like lots of progress Pappy. Love it when you get to that point of putting together instead of tearing apart.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #14435 on: February 06, 2017, 08:27:10 am »
Looks like your kitchen project is coming along pretty good. That spalted oak is some pretty stuff!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Stringman

« Reply #14436 on: February 06, 2017, 09:23:06 am »
Looks good Pappy, but how ya gonna get the "old" back on that siding?  ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14437 on: February 06, 2017, 09:48:47 am »
Ya BJ it is moving along nicely, Just takes time Scott, hope I got enough of that left to see it weather. :)
Kevin just called me and him not being a football fan, he went down yesterday and put the south wall up stripped it and installed both doors, man he is a go getter. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #14438 on: February 07, 2017, 08:49:57 pm »
Looking good !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14439 on: February 08, 2017, 04:34:48 am »
Thanks Guy, hope you are doing well, you been in my thoughts a lot lately. :) We are moving along for sure and if I can just keep the guys focused for a few more weeks before the 3D season really sets in we should be able to get it finished up. :-\  We still have 30 feet to add to the pavilion and a target shed to add on to but the kitchen is the main thing right now. ??? Got have it up and running by the 3rd weekend of March no matter what. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14440 on: February 08, 2017, 05:35:17 am »
That is looking real good, hope the Pappy Burger doesn't get a price increase.  ;) I might be up in Tenn. the weekend of Mar. 11 for a karate tournament inColumbia. If I have time between flying in or out I'll try to swing by.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14441 on: February 08, 2017, 09:30:27 am »
itThat would be great Eddie, love to see ya, Columbia is a little over an hour away. We have a meeting/working that weekend also so you would get to see a bunch of the guys [I hope]  ;) :)
No the Pappy burger is not going up because of this ;) :) I think it is to high now but with the price of beef/cheese and all the other stuff it takes to make it I guess it's not. :-\
 Pappy
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 05:18:37 am by mullet »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #14442 on: February 08, 2017, 09:54:32 am »
Wow, that is quite a kitchen expansion.  Looks great.
1’—>1’

Offline HH~

« Reply #14443 on: February 08, 2017, 11:10:42 am »
Wow
I don't come down for a week and look at ya. Gone bigtime! I can see a Pappyburger neon sign already. Looks great my friend. I stop by this week and see the work. Been doing some wood scraping and Coyote hunting. Seems like the closer I hunt to a trailer park or chicken farm the more I see?

had a piece of Ironwood that was really narrow. Had to clamshell splice the riser. Had my doubts but I shot it yesterday. Looks like it will spit a few arrows anyway.

MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14444 on: February 09, 2017, 04:53:25 am »
Thanks guys I think it is going to be nice and very handy ,Ya wondered where you been Shawn.  ;) We got the insulation up yesterday and sheet rock be here Friday so we plan on putting it up Saturday, then on to the plumbing for the water and gas and we can start moving back in. Still have heater/ceiling fan/lights and cabinets to install but that won't take long compared to all the other stuff. ::)  Clean up around the pavilion and getting stuff back where it belongs will be one of the biggest jobs but I will be glad when we are ready to do that. Then before the Classic we have to add 30 feet to the pavilion but that is a small job, probably do that in a weekend after the post are set. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good